Rangers vs Raith Rovers, 5th September

Aye cheers kincardine we got the new flag from a company called footballflags.com reasonably priced and quality work aswell.Joe baker is a bit of raith legend aswell as a torino one in fact i think thats where the torino connection started.We dont see much of the torino lads now but i keep in touch with them through one of them who stays in kirkcaldy.when poss i send rovers stuff over to a charity i support in turin called oasi granata.The man who ran it father rabino unfortunaely passed away 2 weeks ago but the charity will continue both in turin aswell as rio.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just think in years gone past under another manager then this would have probably been called off.

I think we will be too strong for Raith but that is no reason for complacency.

3:1

I think it's actually good to see Warburton just wanting to get on with things. As you mention, very different from the circus of mccoist and mcdowall before.

I doubt I'll even watch the game if it's available. We've started well and look a lot more solid than last year but that won't stop us getting hammered.

I really do not understand supporters refusing to go to a game becuase they had a flag stolen? Really! Well man up and stand up for yersel, and dont sulk about it.

Our club deserves as much support as possible without guys staying away due to a flag issue, dont take flags to football then, dont let kids yes thats right kids, you know the wannabe hooligan types take the flags off you. Yeh fair enough your flags have cost a small fortune and look good, but we were all warned prior to last season about the behaviour of rangers fans, so shouldve prepared for that. And that was last season dont make same mistake again.

Anyways thats my rant!

The players have admitted more than once that our crowd when turn up are brilliant for them gives them a lift.

But im guessing these will be the supporters who rip into others when they say they not going to st mirren on a friday night as its on tv or wont finish work till to late to travel.

Going for 2-2 draw, if i didnt think that then id end up saying we get humped ????????.

Every match last season I expected us to do well against this lot. Barring the cup game, we didn't, in fact, we embarrassed ourselves. Thankfully Grant Murray is gone!

Most of the trouble makers, deadwood, underachievers etc etc have gone from Ibrox. The feelgood factor is back, the fans are behind the team again which is all bad news for us and in all honesty I just hope we don't cave in and lose 5..6...7 goals.

Heart says we might nick somethin but head says 3 or 4 nil loss.

I will be in Corfu on Friday for a week, hopefully Raith and Scotland don't cause too much sorrow drowning....

I will be in Corfu on Friday for a week, hopefully Raith and Scotland don't cause too much sorrow drowning....

You raise a good point. If we could trade in football games I'd accept a pumping from Raith on Saturday at Ibrox if The Football Gods allowed Scotland to pump Georgia on Friday in Tbilisi.

I really do not understand supporters refusing to go to a game becuase they had a flag stolen? Really! Well man up and stand up for yersel, and dont sulk about it.

Our club deserves as much support as possible without guys staying away due to a flag issue, dont take flags to football then, dont let kids yes thats right kids, you know the wannabe hooligan types take the flags off you. Yeh fair enough your flags have cost a small fortune and look good, but we were all warned prior to last season about the behaviour of rangers fans, so shouldve prepared for that. And that was last season dont make same mistake again.

Anyways thats my rant!

The players have admitted more than once that our crowd when turn up are brilliant for them gives them a lift.

But im guessing these will be the supporters who rip into others when they say they not going to st mirren on a friday night as its on tv or wont finish work till to late to travel.

Going for 2-2 draw, if i didnt think that then id end up saying we get humped .

You can join my list of idiots and if you think thats the only issue then your mistaken.Anyway we follow the club all over scotland so missing rangers isnt a great deal.Do you really think we would have let the hooligan kids take the flag if we had been there at the time.We werent there at the time and 4 of them took it off a young lad who was standing himself and despite police and stewards being in that area they amazingly never saw nothing at all.In fact they were no help whatsoever.We will be at st.mirren on a friday night a few weeks later and our flags will be there.will you be there.

What da fuq? Blokes can choose their games, fleg or not. Too many sentences to say nothing, chap.

Not looking forward to this. Last season there was a chance of taking something against Rangers due to the combination of deadwood and incompetent management. Inexplicably, we folded on each occassion in the league, and played the right way in the Scottish Cup. That we didn't set up the way we did in the cup in the other games tells you a lot about Grant Murray's weaknesses as a manager.

This time around, avoiding a thumping would probably be a success of sorts. The issues of last season are gone, the deadwood of McCulloch and Black are gone and Rangers' results so far speak for themselves.

So, yeah...I expect nothing.

Grant Murray brought you a cup beating Rangers then again beating them away in the Scottish Cup only losing to the eventual winners 1-0 away in the q finals. Is that a weakness?

Grant Murray brought you a cup beating Rangers then again beating them away in the Scottish Cup only losing to the eventual winners 1-0 away in the q finals. Is that a weakness?

it was the fact we beat them in the cups, and then just bent over and took it up the arse 4x in the league that pissed us off.

Anyway I finish a 6 day stint working away from home on Saturday, ironically I will be finishing by driving down Loch Lomond side over the Erskine bridge and into Glasgow via M8, do the gers fans still all leave games at 4:20?

Big q it was shite about the neds and the flag but when life boots you in the baws you get right back up and go on with things.

"doctor doctor, I've broke my arm in the same place 3 times now"

DOC: "Stop going there then."

This season goes to show how different we are from last year under Murray, Barrie McKay, at times last year looked like a player and the rest of the time he was brutal, and what I've seen from the highlights of Rangers games on BT Sports he's looked quality this far, would be excellent if he was back at us on loan playing down the right instead of Anderson (who's just not been at the races in my opinion so far this season, except at the Hamilton game). Just goes to show what a decent manager does to a player, another example is McKeown.

Anyway I'm drifting away here - I fancy us to be hard to beat at Ibrox, a real compact shape, hard to break down keeping it to a minimum, if it's 0-0 at HT - excellent! But Rangers 2-1 winners. (Hopefully it's not an absolute battering anyway!!)

Big q it was shite about the neds and the flag but when life boots you in the baws you get right back up and go on with things.

We did bennett we got off the floor,raised a few quid,bought a new flag,take it to all the games with us but it isnt going to ibrox.Cheers for the gee up and encouragement for us to get on with things.

it was the fact we beat them in the cups, and then just bent over and took it up the arse 4x in the league that pissed us off.

Ok however Murrays achievements were more than most Raith managers in recent times? Wonder what stick your current boss will get then if he does not do as well in the league matches v Rangers and also in the final league placings in May. I certainly can't see him matching Murrays cup successes.

Ok however Murrays achievements were more than most Raith managers in recent times? Wonder what stick your current boss will get then if he does not do as well in the league matches v Rangers and also in the final league placings in May. I certainly can't see him matching Murrays cup successes.

Hiya Hugh, hiya pal.

Archived