City 2015-16

tamthebam

spotted: The Mantis and Rab C walking past the Fergie Park pitch on the way to the bar. Newky isn't there, he's either with the prawn sandwich brigade at Palmerston or even worse.. watching the egg chasing! For shame! :P;)

post-12982-0-08451300-1444605456.jpg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, it all brings back happy memories...

"Meadowbank are a stuffy outfit" Jim Leishman's manager's notes, Dunfermline v Meadowbank 1988.

"We're stuffy, we're stuffy, we're only 3-0 up". Meadowbank fans song after a 1st half blitz saw Thistle take a 3-0 lead.

spotted: The Mantis and Rab C walking past the Fergie Park pitch on the way to the bar. Newky isn't there, he's either with the prawn sandwich brigade at Palmerston or even worse.. watching the egg chasing! For shame! :P;)

attachicon.gifwilson and keppel.jpg

:D ha ha ttb I wonder where you got yer info ?

team 15 when fixtures released so made prior arrangements certainly not prawn sandwiches that day and whoever made it a 15 team league needs a good kick up the rear!!

When a world cup is in yer home city it would be very rude not to join in wi the craic ;)

Another note why do folk get over excited over filmed footage when these folk do it on a voluntary basis. I'm sure if Grim was upset he'd have binned it all by now :o

Ah, it all brings back happy memories...

"Meadowbank are a stuffy outfit" Jim Leishman's manager's notes, Dunfermline v Meadowbank 1988.

"We're stuffy, we're stuffy, we're only 3-0 up". Meadowbank fans song after a 1st half blitz saw Thistle take a 3-0 lead.

Before I was born Tam.

Grimbo

Ps I bumped into the Golden One at the Sava & he was telling me about the Bonzo's, now I realize he hadn't sussed I had quotes you but fixed the link to show your vid.

• 2 weeks later...

We should have won that game- which is not a slur on Buckie at all, it's just when you are 1-0 up at home against 10 men you expect to be celebrating at the final whistle, not bloody hoping for a scrambled equaliser. Indeed Buckie did brilliantly to come back into the game in the second half and pin City back for spells.

Their fans were great- sang loudly for 90 mins, no malice and they went home happy- a credit to the club. We had some good craic with their committee in the club after the game and enjoyed a few pints with a couple of local fans.

It's funny that a bad day didn't turn out too bad after all- maybe that's what football is all about.

I can feel for Spartans for once, I thought they'd spring a surprise up there, and hooray for the Colts. :cheers

So, there's a few tricky ties coming up: we never seem to play well at Pennypit and that forthcoming cup tie against LTHV is beginning to look very tricky- they've had some good results and are obviously no mugs.

post-12982-0-94939200-1445818739_thumb.j

this was what the Buckie guy was sent off for. One visiting fan said "bloody waste of space that idiot- should be packed off back to CaleyThistle". ET's pen pics in the City programme said of Mr Cheyne "Jay is a class act with excellent ball control, but he is another who can look after himself...". Indeed!

After the match a box containing a mysterious substance was found in the Buckie dugout (pictured). Two brave volunteers were found to test this suspicious foodstuff for anabolic steriods and the like. One rotund tester, a Mr T.T. Bam was heard to say "Rather nice tablet this, I wonder if we can get the recipe for this wonder food..."

post-12982-0-39210200-1445819033_thumb.j

Fireworks going off round my bit. If they're going off in Tranent hopefully that incontinent dug will be kept indoors and the Pennypit Pitch will be playable :lol:

Freudian slip Tam? You off to see Talbot maybe :lol:

Freudian slip Tam? You off to see Talbot maybe :lol:

Just an allusion to one of my tam-isms that I used to annoy Grumpy Panner with "if a dug pishes on a lamppost in Tranent the pitch at Pennypit is unplayable". TBF to Preston the Pennypit pitch looked great today although I bet they now wish that dug had pished on a lamppost in Tranent and put the game off :rolleyes:

A nice lie in, a warm day for the time of year, a fine pint and meal in the Goth, seeing your team win 8-2 and a beautiful sunset at the end. The only thing missing from a perfect day is Kylie Minogue popping round for a night of mad passionate love :wub:

post-12982-0-68006000-1446329687.jpg

gratuitous picture #1

Preston started off well and looked fast and sharp and I thought "ooh, we could be in for a game here". Our opener came when Allum drilled a free kick into the net and then we might have had a second when a shot crashed off the bar and was scrambled into the net, the assistant giving offside. From this Preston went up the pitch and scored an equaliser.

Unfortunately for the home team, who are really not all that bad despite the scoreline, they were playing a City side full of determination having come off a disappointing result last week. I'm not sure any other side would have matched City the mood they were in today and we scored some well taken goals today. It was nice to see Caddow grab a goal at last after working hard this season and good to see the goals shared out- Allum (3), Caddow, Muhsin, Carse, Donaldson and Paterson all netted today. Ach, it's probably all downhill from here, said the eternal pessimistic City fan...

post-12982-0-78325000-1446330087_thumb.j

Pennypit Park looking rather lovely at twilight

• 1 month later...

Comfortable 3-1 win in the end today for City against a stuffy Colts team. City dominated possession in both halves and could easily have scored more than they did. Outside of the penalty can only think of one other save that City keeper had to make.

Comfortable 3-1 win in the end today for City against a stuffy Colts team. City dominated possession in both halves and could easily have scored more than they did. Outside of the penalty can only think of one other save that City keeper had to make.

Another impressive result for City.

Archived