Pollok v Troon

Troon Portland

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taking it all a bit to personally are we not Mr Pollok we need a fixture man.

Speaking of crap was it you who said Kilbirnie are nowhere near a top ten junior club, how wrong can you get, good ground, big support on there day, good history, that club have potential to be a top five club.

Your dislike for them has effected your thinking.

Oh Pollock 1

V Troon 2

Nearly right!! Pollok 0, Troon 2.

For your information I was posting in response to my fellow Pollok poster if it really means I have to explain myself to you pair!

Did Tony change the squad/starting line-up much from the Petershill game? I attended Wednesday, but could not make today's game. They had a lot of the ball on Wednesday - especially second half - but Peasy were more clinical with the chances that came their way.

I reckon most Pollok fans would be able to pick the best starting line-up by now. For me, watching Wednesday, there could be a better balance in midfield. Up front, its got to be Winters and who?- that's another one to ponder. Thought Derek Hepburn did well in a wide role against Peasy, but I am not convinced that is a long-term solution.

Comfortable win for Troon. Strong looking side. Lots of fine displays, number 7, 9 &11 caused lots of problems for an average looking Pollok side.

Keenan scored a fine free kick and was pretty solid all game. Number 2 is not the most athletic specimen but he had a great game. My MOM. No gags please????

Delighted with our performance today, thought we looked very solid all over the park. Two excellent goals from Adam & Deano, and very impressive throughout. Could even have been more, so delighted with that.

Huge thanks to all the Pollok committee & support for their warm welcome today, a great experience at Newlandsfield as always. We look forward to welcoming them down to Portland later in the season!

Easy enough for Troon as you said. Forsyth the number 9 was terrific first half especially, Troon had good players all over the pitch and played the 4231 stsyem to perfection, getting plenty players in support to the centre forward.

I'd worry about Pollok, no chance of challenging anywhere near the top on that showing and I would say they should be happy just to avoid the playoffs if they don't improve. Also, no subs, no change of tactics that I could see, overall it was a meekly accepted defeat. The guy playing on the left wing was impressive though, thought he was easily Polloks best player.

Ref was ok, seen a lot worse although Lok should have had a first half penalty.

12 players for 1st game of the season is shocking if you are a team bottom of the bottom league struggling , for pollok its unacceptable no matter what the circumstances. Pollok won't be in the bottom 3 imo but they wont be top 3 or 4 either again imo.

Is it true that Lok only had a sub keeper on the bench ... no outfield players ?

I was sure I saw the Troon twitter naming 5 Pollok subs, so not sure. Bradley and Sideserf were absent from the 16 I saw named, no idea about who the subs were though that might explain the lack of activity from the bench!

I was sure I saw the Troon twitter naming 5 Pollok subs, so not sure. Bradley and Sideserf were basent from the 16 I saw named, no idea about who the subs were though that might explain the lack of activity from the bench!

Just checked out Troon Twitter. Looks like we did name 5 subs.

2 injured not fit to play. 1 not there the other 2 are our sub keeper and 1 of our assistant coach. Got to admit it's shocking we can't fill the bench. Not a good start to the season.

Mon the Lok now

I think that when Lok get the first choice line up back to include Gal,Sideserf,Williamson and Taz that will be a different side however there is a real concern that the midfield is weak and slow and lacking any creativity.

I think that when Lok get the first choice line up back to include Gal,Sideserf,Williamson and Taz that will be a different side however there is a real concern that the midfield is weak and slow and lacking any creativity.

what a load of crap these guys are just descent players , there not going to make you top half of the table

Was at this seen as Sons played last night, thought Troon were a very decent outfit. Well organised and quick on the break. Pollok should've had a penalty first half, couldn't believe the lad got booked for diving to be honest. The referee wasn't great at all, but I've seen worse.

I know he posts on here, Dean Keenan. What a hit son! Surprised you didn't rip the net with that one! Thought that him and the other lad at centre-half were very commanding. Whilst the wee right back (who looked more like a rugby player) must be a seriously tough guy to play against, like running into reinforced concrete. Shirkie will do well imo, strong and not afraid to get stuck in but with a wee bit extra quality on the ball.

Good luck to both sides for the rest of the season, I'll no doubt see both in action again!

Impressed with Troon as well. Not seen them since last year and they are playing a lot more football than last season and at a much higher tempo. Definitely kicked on this season. Pollock were ok in spells but lacked a cutting edge

what a load of crap these guys are just descent players , there not going to make you top half of the table

Gal is more than decent. Only playing at this level due to personal circumstances I believe.

Archived