Livingston v. Inverness Caledonian Thistle

Arguably the best team we could have drawn given their start to the league campaign, though I suppose Livingston could say the same about us. Was the win over St. Mirren a freak result or could it be a turning point for Livi?

Game confirmed as taking place on Tuesday 22nd September which is great as I can get to it now. Are the Livi DBM still a thing and can you still get Livi Lunchboxes?

• 2 weeks later...

What's the nearest pub to the ground, is there still a Brewer's Fayre type place?

The Almondvale Suite behind/under the south stand.

Lime Kiln is just up the steps from the ground before you get to the Centre, that's prob the one you're thinking of. Or Witherspoons & Rock Cafe inside the Centre.

Arguably the best team we could have drawn given their start to the league campaign, though I suppose Livingston could say the same about us. Was the win over St. Mirren a freak result or could it be a turning point for Livi?

We're doing ok in cup comps, just the league games we're struggling. Seem to be able to grind out a win over 120 mins.

Is Hughes still playing that bringing the ball out from the keeper and pissing about till you get mugged and lose a goal style of football?

Seeing the old footage...this fixture brings back happy memories for all Stranraer fans – last day of season in 1998, Caley won at Livi to help us to the title with our 1-0 success at Broadwood. Week before we beat Livi 2-0 at Stair Park too when Livi officials and fans had all come in party mode with champagne etc. Remarkable run of 12 wins from last 14 games to clinch the league having been in relegation spots in mid February, going top for first time all season at about 4.40pm on last day. Story goes that Inverness players were celebrating in the Almondvale changing rooms as there was a rivalry/hatred towards Livi then, even though the win meant nothing for Inverness in terms of promotion/relegation. Happy days

Good effort from us tonight, take the first 15 and the last 10 when we tired out and I felt we edged it but you gotta play for 90 and ICT showed how to be clinical with chances.

Defensively we looked shambolic tonight, the two goals came from our slackness which is disappointing, the first you can forgive, mistakes happen, poor communication but the 2nd was unforgivable, every body in the ground saw it was 2v1 at the back post but we allowed that to happen and what happened a free header.

I felt we fought our way into the game after the first goal though and where unlucky to at least not have scored tonight but these things go against you when your struggling.

Kudos to the ICT fans that made the journey, a good wee following for a Tuesday night game so far from home, best of luck in the next round.

Archived