Celtic v Raith Rovers

A repeat of the 1994 final which I've erased from my memory

Won't be on the season ticket but hopefuly priced no more than £10 or £12, maybe a free kid with each adult ticket to try and get a 20,000 crowd in.

Will there be a decent contingent through from Kirkcaldy for this?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't be on the season ticket but hopefuly priced no more than £10 or £12, maybe a free kid with each adult ticket to try and get a 20,000 crowd in.

Started the season well, next 2 games are away to hibs and away to Rangers, so as long as we don't embarrass ourselves in those games, id imagine we'll bring through a rather large crowd.

Not expecting anything and not even sure if I'll make it yet with work though..

Last time we brought just over 1000 but that was probably because we hadn't played celtic in over 10 years so the novelty may have worn off. Hopefully 700-800 would still make the trip.

Will the place be virtually deserted like it usually is for League Cup games?

Bloody glory hunters. Only interested in the Champions League. We'd be better playing Rangers. At least their fans still turn up for League Cup games.

Bloody glory hunters. Only interested in the Champions League. We'd be better playing Rangers. At least their fans still turn up for League Cup games.

Aye it prob will be deserted part of this will be down to the fact Celtic have played almost every weekend/midweek since July so money can still be tight for folk just back summer holidays,kids school gear etc and it won't be on the season ticket, part of it will also be down to glory hunters but ffs every team has them(what's raiths average attendance compared to the ones they'd get for a semi or final). And rangers fans would at least turn up,really??? They had 4 home cup games last year with not one attendance above 17000 and this years one so far just over 20000(may have been a season ticket game).

3-1 Celtic in this one crowd of 13-15k

here fishy fishy

Aye it prob will be deserted part of this will be down to the fact Celtic have played almost every weekend/midweek since July so money can still be tight for folk just back summer holidays,kids school gear etc and it won't be on the season ticket, part of it will also be down to glory hunters but ffs every team has them(what's raiths average attendance compared to the ones they'd get for a semi or final). And rangers fans would at least turn up,really??? They had 4 home cup games last year with not one attendance above 17000 and this years one so far just over 20000(may have been a season ticket game).

And quick bring that landing net here's your first.

Wish this game had been in Kirkcaldy as Parkhead is a pretty awful and soulless place when it only a quarter full. And if were to be herded into the corner of the main stand and be stuck behind that big fucking pillar, cant we have it at Celtics other wee stadium, what's it called again oh aye that's it St Mirren Park.

Our attendance against Accies was the same as we get for a run of the mill league game. What sort of attendances do Celtic get for unglamorous midweek league games? I noticed Celtic played Killie in April 2015 and there were 42,000 there.

Just had a quick check and Rangers had 25,608 in Attendance at the Peterhead game in August. Pretty much double what you expect Celtic to get for this game. I'm not sure, but I wouldn't have thought it would be on their season ticket.

Maybe the same thing has happened to Celtic that happened to Rangers, before they died and became Sevco. They have become bored and disinterested as they know they'll win most domestic honours, so only Europe excites them. Maybe Celtic and their fans feel the League Cup is beneath them now.

Most fans do reckon this cup is not worth going to at this stage and then kick up a fuss about not getting tickets to the rangers semi for example last year as those on the home ticket scheme got 1st shout. As I've said be lucky to have 15k at this game and only rangers(a sellout), Aberdeen or hearts would make it more appealing to some fans that's just the way it is

• 2 weeks later...

Got my ticket today for this, looking forward to this. It's going to be near mission impossible to win but if we do, then YA DANCER!! Another thing, Selick have got Hearts in the league the Saturday after this match, so hopefully they stick out a weakened side (still be a decent XI I'm sure though).

At the Scotland/England game, I parked up down towards the Velodrome, which was ideal, is that still a sensible place to park? (Appreciate the feedback/help)

After watching the build of the Celtic's Europa League match against Ajax, I never realised how many goals Celtic have conceded tat are all the same!

I 100% believe if McCord & Craigen get the right balls in, Big Daly will tuck them away on Wednesday now.

I'm off work Thursday & Friday now, so I'm really looking forward to this match now.

Archived