Ross C v Falkirk

Gaz FFC

Tuesday 22nd September.

What do we reckon here?

1st time we've been to the ground since they spruced up the place.

Can't see many travelling midweek to be expected.

Ross C seem to have their act together these days.

We are tough to beat unless you have a Plumber upfront.

COYB

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully FFC can help out the Official Supporters Clubs who plan to run buses up to this. I would expect 1 or 2 to possibly run, therefore this gives an opportunity to our fans to head up.

I see Ross County quite similar to Partick, therefore this is definitely winnable

Almost as good a draw as we could have hoped for - home against lower league opposition. County will clearly be the favourites and I'd say the fate of the tie is in our hands. If we play like we can and should then we'll go through. If we're complacent or have an off day then Falkirk could punish us.

2-0 to Ross County.

Remember the Scottish Cup replay with Alan Gow netting the winner after a 0-0 draw at TFS...I think that was a Tuesday night too.

Was that not the last time we won up there?

Wrote my car off that night after I got back to Falkirk.

Happy fucking valentines day.????

Was that the last time we played County in a cup match? It's the only time I've been to Dingwall. Was a cracking stadium at the time. We were in the open terracing behind the goals. What's been altered since?

The game was largely forgettable. A drab 1-0 that we just shaded. On the plus side, it was my first proper away day. Drinking Buckfast out a coke bottle on the bus and my mate taking draws of a stranger's joint outside the Mallard (to this day he claims it was crack). Good times ????

Might have to go to this purely for the nostalgia.

On paper, Ross County should come through the tie but Falkirk have enough to made this very difficult.

I don't agree with the Partick Thistle comparison: Thistle are weak just now and have only scored in one of six matches (not surprisingly against Kilmarnock) and haven't won a match this season. County have scored against all but Celtic, have won three from six and arguably should have three more points from other performances. County are ticking over quite nicely at the moment, with quality in depth.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Falkirk have the majority of the ball because they will play with three in the middle. But I think County can afford to squeeze the space high up the pitch - Baird, McHugh and Miller aren't going to put the fear into the existing County back line.

Darren Smith ripped Ben Gordon apart in his last visit to Dingwall with Hearts, but he tends to have more mediocre performances than good ones. I gather Blair Alston is coming back on to a game after a so-so time under Houston in his first season and he will likely have a good tussle with Jackson Irvine. I'm surprised Craig Sibbald hasn't been bought by anyone yet, some player.

The cliche goes that you get more time on the ball in the top flight than in the second tier, but I don't believe that. I doubt Falkirk will come across anything else like the Boyce-Curran pairing this season if they both start.

Was that the last time we played County in a cup match? It's the only time I've been to Dingwall. Was a cracking stadium at the time. We were in the open terracing behind the goals. What's been altered since?

The ground has no terracing now, All seated

On paper, Ross County should come through the tie but Falkirk have enough to made this very difficult.

I don't agree with the Partick Thistle comparison: Thistle are weak just now and have only scored in one of six matches (not surprisingly against Kilmarnock) and haven't won a match this season. County have scored against all but Celtic, have won three from six and arguably should have three more points from other performances. County are ticking over quite nicely at the moment, with quality in depth.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Falkirk have the majority of the ball because they will play with three in the middle. But I think County can afford to squeeze the space high up the pitch - Baird, McHugh and Miller aren't going to put the fear into the existing County back line.

Darren Smith ripped Ben Gordon apart in his last visit to Dingwall with Hearts, but he tends to have more mediocre performances than good ones. I gather Blair Alston is coming back on to a game after a so-so time under Houston in his first season and he will likely have a good tussle with Jackson Irvine. I'm surprised Craig Sibbald hasn't been bought by anyone yet, some player.

The cliche goes that you get more time on the ball in the top flight than in the second tier, but I don't believe that. I doubt Falkirk will come across anything else like the Boyce-Curran pairing this season if they both start.

David Smith.

I remember watching County in the Highland League; now that's nostalgia.

They had a wee be-mulletted striker called Alan Duff, I remember that. Back when my PE teacher at school was Caledonian right back Derek Dewar.

I vaguely remember Duff but I only started going to the odd County game in 94/95.

I've named him Darren for the last three years because Ross County had a winger (now at Stirling) in the Adams-McStay-Calderwood season called Darren. There was also another Darren Smith who kicked about the lower leagues. Bad habit.

Talking of nostalgia, David played a blinder against Dick's son Iain Campbell vs Cowden last season IIRC. Campbell was probably the worst left-back I've seen at County for as long as I remember, and Dick insisted he took all the set-pieces! The Martin Woods prototype in a sense.

Nothing to fear. County fans should take note of the arrogance of Partick fans before we went there.

Be a close game as we are difficult to beat.

The last game I remember at Victoria Park a lad got lifted for running on the park in his Y fronts which slipped down to ankles and tripped him up. Spent the weekend in the cells and got a £500 fine as I recall. The cops were chasing some other lad over the railway bridge when I was supping a pint outside the Mallard after the game. Good times.

The last game I remember at Victoria Park a lad got lifted for running on the park in his Y fronts which slipped down to ankles and tripped him up. Spent the weekend in the cells and got a £500 fine as I recall. The cops were chasing some other lad over the railway bridge when I was supping a pint outside the Mallard after the game. Good times.

I don't know if it was just a rumour, but I'm sure I read something about how the guy thought Falkirk had scored.

Archived