Hibernian vs Aberdeen - league cup third round

Dudu Dahan pal

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure we'll get beat but really looking forward to this. No pressure really and I actually think we'll play better than we have due to the fact it will be a more open game.

Reckon we need to score first to have any chance and would start with Cummings and Feruz up front.

Two stars above the Dons badge as well, nicely done.

We made quite a few changes in the last three games and would expect some more for this one. We have the strength in depth to do this without the quality of our starting 11 significantly dropping which is very pleasing. Would like to see Smith start as he hasn't had much of a chance so far this season and I'd expect to see McLaughlin, Flood and Pawlett feature as well. Hibs are a decent side but we should have too much for them on our form, 2-0 Aberdeen.

Looking forward to returning to Easter Road. Hibs haven't been in bad form over the last month, fair play for that.

Even with Del's comments in his presser, wouldn't be surprised to see a number of changes. Where Del is right is that these changes don't tend to weaken us much at all. Flood, Pawlett, McLaughlin and Smith could do with more game time, and it wouldn't overly surprise me to see Parker given a berth too. But it's nice to have variety in the squad and positive problems of who to pick. If Goodwillie plays tomorrow, he throughly deserves it for a magnificent display on Sunday - having a full pre season has done the lad wonders.

For Hibs, well, it's a big but not impossible ask. Haven't seen enough to comment on Hibs this season, but would expect an attacking outfit who will attempt to stretch us.

However, I think the Famous will prevail 2-0 here with goals from McLean and McGinn.

Looking forward to leaving work early to get the car down today. First away game of the season.

Hibs v Dons has been a shit fest in recent years however looking forward to this. Hope to see the team changed up slightly from Sunday.

Archived