Dundee United v Dunfermline (League Cup - 3rd Round)

Parscelona

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great keeping and a bit of luck, followed by some top class counter-attacking saw us through against Dundee and I'd guess the tactics have to be the same again. I don't think we've got the players to boss the midfield but with Paton, Cardle, Faissel el-Bak and either Wallace or MAC we can score against anyone if we catch them on the break.

In the unlikely event of us winning, I'm sure we could give Jackie Mac a gig at right back when he gets punted from Tannadice.

If we can keep it tight for 20-25 minutes, then I suspect the home crowd will become edgy, and they could quickly get on their players' backs if it's not going their way, which would be good for us. Hopefully Rooney and Talbot's knocks are not too serious and they make this one, otherwise we're really short at the back.

United are still overwhelming favourites here as, despite their poor start, they have a lot of quality with people like Billy McKay and others. We've got more than enough about us to cause them problems though and I think we'll create chances, so it should be an open and entertaining game.

It's a bonus game for us as we've absolutely nothing to lose. If we go out and play like we have for the majority of the season then I'll have no complaints. If it's not enough for a result, fine. If it is, then #scenes.

Expecting another big travelling support which will make for a good atmosphere.

Hopefully we can give a good account of ourselves and enjoy the occasion, maybe take it to extra time.

Anything we get out of this game is a bonus

It's a good opportunity for some of your players to put themselves in the shop window and try and catch Allan Johnston's eye.

Will be a tight game, fancy our chances though if we play how we've shown we can.

And as shite as Dundee United have been recently and as good as we've been, we need to remember we're still 2 leagues below them and we'll need to be at our best to get a result.

Paddy Power first scorer odds:

Doesn't say much about United's form when you can get such short odds on Stenny and St Mirren players scoring against them tomorrow night.

Dunfermline
  • Player
  • First Goalscorer
  • First to Score for their Team
  • Last Goalscorer
  • Insurebet First Goalscorer

Archived