Dundee United v Dunfermline (League Cup - 3rd Round)

Parscelona

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would've preferred a home tie naturally, but quite happy with this. As with the last round, we've nothing to lose and if we go and give it a go then I'll be happy. We've got the ability in attack to trouble United and you never know, we could make it a nervy night for them. We've got a good record there too which is something to cling to.

Also was at the aforementioned quarter final and we were really unlucky that night. We played very well and United's goalkeeper was excellent, while the Kirk incident was just laughable. Was a cracking finish from Robertson to win it IIRC.

Always enjoy a trip to Tannadice and if we maintain our early season form, we should take a good support up with us. Looking forward to it!

Last time I was at Tannadice was for this competition. 2008 I believe. Freezing night and I'm pretty sure United won 1-0. We hit the post and Lukasz Zaluska pulled off at least 3 world-class saves that night. Referee made a howler when Andy Kirk was through on goal as well. He gave a free-kick for a foul that wasn't a foul, foul.

I like going to Tannadice, hopefully can get the time off work to head along. Mind you, I've never seen us win there.

Was one of the saves from Glass in the final moments? Was a good atmosphere that night.

Will still be down south so will miss the game, gutted.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered my ticket. £7 after postage and admin fee, but worth the couple of extra quid to avoid having to queue to buy a ticket on the night.

Will you not have to queue to get in anyway or is the a separate turnstile for people who have already got tickets?

• 2 weeks later...

With our injuries we could be struggling. Unless we sign Saunders, have Geggan at right back and Martin at left back?

I think Martin seemed a lot more comfortable at left back than at right back, so i wouldn't be too concerned about that.

Geggan had a great game for us today, yet whether he would cope at right back against United is a totally different proposition,

Hopefully Talbot and Rooney are actually fine though!

Archived