Dundee United v Dunfermline (League Cup - 3rd Round)

Parscelona

Started our last thread as we took out one half of Dundee in the last round, so its only fitting that i start the thread for our next round game as we take on the other half of Dundee.

Eat, Sleep, Conquer Dundee, Repeat.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would have preferred it at home or drawing Kilmarnock as they are total keek.

We'll give them a game but I think this is where our wee run comes to an end. 2-1 United. El Bakhtaoui to score...obviously.

Not overly confident as the Pars have made a great start to the season but at least its a home tie.

Lovely seeing fans of the diddy team across the road, making an appearance on this thread already. To think we wouldve had another cup derby to be excited about if that gang hadve got a result the other night :lol:

Not overly confident as the Pars have made a great start to the season but at least its a home tie.

Lovely seeing fans of the diddy team across the road, making an appearance on this thread already. To think we wouldve had another cup derby to be excited about if that gang hadve got a result the other night :lol:

Surely if Dundee had got through they would have been seeded, meaning you couldn't have drawn them?

Surely if Dundee had got through they would have been seeded, meaning you couldn't have drawn them?

Yeah but you have went and ruined my fun. Dont let facts get in the way of what was a good story!

Thanks Matty x

Last time I was at Tannadice was for this competition. 2008 I believe. Freezing night and I'm pretty sure United won 1-0. We hit the post and Lukasz Zaluska pulled off at least 3 world-class saves that night. Referee made a howler when Andy Kirk was through on goal as well. He gave a free-kick for a foul that wasn't a foul, foul.

I like going to Tannadice, hopefully can get the time off work to head along. Mind you, I've never seen us win there.

Last time I was at Tannadice was for this competition. 2008 I believe. Freezing night and I'm pretty sure United won 1-0. We hit the post and Lukasz Zaluska pulled off at least 3 world-class saves that night. Referee made a howler when Andy Kirk was through on goal as well. He gave a free-kick for a foul that wasn't a foul, foul.

I like going to Tannadice, hopefully can get the time off work to head along. Mind you, I've never seen us win there.

That's some memory you have. I vaguely remember that we lost and that it was a decent atmosphere.

It's pretty much how I remember it as well. Two United players ran into each other (the absolutely fantastically brilliant Darren Dods was one of them, Lee Wilkie was the other) and Dougie McDonald gave a foul against Kirk.

Archived