Craigroyston

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was at Dalkeith last night and saw a team so far out of their depth I think even the Dalkeith management team were feeling sorry for the Craigroyston team. If the committee have decided to go junior next year, you could see the point of trying to gauge what level you would be at by having a friendly or two but,you would think that going against one of the better teams in the east premier league was possibly one of the worst decisions they could have made. A team or two in the South division to me was where they should have gone to see what level they are at.

Some of the first team regulars were not playing last night but I don't think it would have made any difference as the gulf in class was enormous. Hope the manager can pick the team up for the cup game on Friday night.

HI HAT

They r terrible played them Saturday and felt they were shocking never near the class of the Whytey as gaffer days

Hope my old club can turn it around as great bunch of ppl there just the team is shocking

They weren't very good in the whytey as gaffer days either ( one season in top league) so they must be pretty poor now.

Has there been any truth in Ohara taking the job over as of next season? The way it sounds he'll have a hard job getting that team together again he should just stay at Peebles for one more season and win the league!

Has there been any truth in Ohara taking the job over as of next season? The way it sounds he'll have a hard job getting that team together again he should just stay at Peebles for one more season and win the league!

He's done a great job at Peebles.   Not sure about a league win though......

My last post about the Dalkeith game was just to highlight the difference in class between the Junior premier league and the EOS teams. Was at St Marks park today and saw a game that either team could have won so a draw was probably the right result. So despite what other's have said about Craigroyston not being too good, they are not the worst team in the league. One major gripe about today, another criticism of the committee maybe, nae pies at half time. Who knew there would be some groundhoppers who might have come to the game. Never mind though see how it pans out against Spartans next week.

High Hat

My last post about the Dalkeith game was just to highlight the difference in class between the Junior premier league and the EOS teams. Was at St Marks park today and saw a game that either team could have won so a draw was probably the right result. So despite what other's have said about Craigroyston not being too good, they are not the worst team in the league. One major gripe about today, another criticism of the committee maybe, nae pies at half time. Who knew there would be some groundhoppers who might have come to the game. Never mind though see how it pans out against Spartans next week.

High Hat

Spot on

• 1 month later...

Took myself out to Whitburn on Saturday and watched a real game of two halves. From the kick off Craigy couldn't put two passes together and looked really nervous. Two goals down in 5 mins and it looked like it was going to be another heavy doing like the Dalkeith game. It went to 3 nil when the young keeper at a free kick set his wall then as even the top pros do he took a step to the side and left enough room for the ball to hit the back of the net. Then Craigy got one back, only for Whitburn to get a penalty on their next attack when the goalie brought down the striker. 4-1. Give Craigy some credit though they battled hard and had a few chances themselves , bit of a harsh one on the Craigy striker when he was tripped inside the box only to be booked for diving,think the ref took the view that as it was a freindly he would have to send off the defender so he took the easy option. The second half started and it was as if someone had taken the Craigy nerves away in a bucket because they played really well from the keeper who had some good stops right through the team and they got it back to 4-3 and the chances they passed up they could have been ahead quite easily. As they went for the equaliser they got caught on the break and 5-3 ended up being the final score. Don't think there's much difference in the EOS and South juniors at this level anyway so will be interesting if the rumours turn out to be true bout Craigy going junior . Interesting times.

HI HAT

• 6 years later...