Queens Park v East Fife

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this, not sure what to expect after the great effort tonight hopefully fash is fit on Saturday really has improved this season. Don't think we took any points off Queen's Park last season very solid team.

This is the best East Fife team I've seen in years.

Appreciate its very early doors but they were excellent tonight against Motherwell and only fitness was the difference between the sides.

Big, strong, skillful with a great team ethic. Something thats been missing for a long time.

Naysmith has worked wonders assembling this side in only a couple of months and hopfully keep the momentum going for the next 30+ games.

We continue to play like we played tonight and I'm confident we will be in the mix.

Don't think we took any points off Queen's Park last season very solid team.

3 points with three draws last season that was that and a defeat last year where page header at hampden was offside. Qp and Clyde were our bogey team we didn't record any wins.

I still find it hard to this day that it's bizarre Queen's Park is the only team to share a national country stadium of a national team in UK with less than 1,000 crowds unless they make to Spl even at that it won't be sell out unless they play the two giants. We both have knock out Dumbarton this term interesting see if extra time hasn't had a impact for Saturday game hoping see our first away win...hopefully stats change this season with Qp and Clyde Nick the points.

Don't think we took any points off Queen's Park last season very solid team.

3 points with three draws last season that was that and a defeat last year where page header at hampden was offside. Qp and Clyde were our bogey team we didn't record any wins.

I still find it hard to this day that it's bizarre Queen's Park is the only team to share a national country stadium of a national team in UK with less than 1,000 crowds unless they make to Spl even at that it won't be sell out unless they play the two giants. We both have knock out Dumbarton this term interesting see if extra time hasn't had a impact for Saturday game hoping see our first away win...hopefully stats change this season with Qp and Clyde Nick the points.

Seriously, what?

I can remember them beating us twice so that's pish.

I thought you's would struggle this season to be fair. Seemed you were struggling to sign players for a bit during the summer. How many new faces have you's got then?

From the top of my head

Ryan Goodfellow (GK)

Mikey Cousar (GK)

Scott Mercer

Graeme MacGregor

Jason Kerr (on loan - St Johnstone)

Declan O'Kane

Pat Slattery

Kyle Wilkie

Craig Murray

Craig Sutherland

We are certainly playing better football this year, with Fash in tremendous form.

Saturday will be really tough though, 120 mins against Motherwell might take it's toll and Hampden always seems huge.

Expect Kerr to replace O'Kane at the back (I assume St Johnstone didn't give him permission to play in the league cup)

Further changes may be there depending on fitness levels, with Mullen available in central midfield.

For the first 30 minutes of our first game last year, EF's performance was possibly the best I saw any team put up against us...but it all went downhill from there. Hooray!

Hopefully they'll be knacked after last night's game, but I'm still confident that a performance like Saturday's will see us through this. The loan guys look to be exactly what we need and Guus has to be congratulated for getting them in. We do seem to have a pretty strong side. I'll go for us winning this one.

I can remember them beating us twice so that's pish.

You're quite right!!!

2014/2015

Scottish League Two - Sat 20 Sep 2014 - East Fife 2 - 2 Queen's Park

Scottish League Two - Sat 25 Oct 2014 - Queen's Park 3 - 0 East Fife

Scottish League Two - Sat 10 Jan 2015 - East Fife 0 - 0 Queen's Park

Scottish League Two - Sat 07 Mar 2015 - Queen's Park 1 - 0 East Fife

Perhaps the last game didn't feel like a defeat to him, such was the skillful daylight robbery that was performed that day regarding Jonathan Page's disallowed goal!!!

Scottish League Two - Sat 07 Mar 2015 - Queen's Park 1 - 0 East Fife

Perhaps the last game didn't feel like a defeat to him, such was the skillful daylight robbery that was performed that day regarding Jonathan Page's disallowed goal!!!

but on the plus side you've put it behind you and aren't going to keep banging on about it..................right?

Difficult one to call tomorrow and I'm still climbing down from THAT performane on Tuesday night. That was one helluva team display. Goalie looks a bit suspect mind you but thats the best I've seen at New Bayview for donkeys years.

If we take the 3 points I'm sticking £50 on us to win the league.

Archived