League cup round 3

Mr Bairn

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprise surprise - as predicted, the BBC kiss and make up with Sevco, then proceed to pick their League Cup tie to show live.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34115689

With Aberdeen playing Hearts on the Sunday and Celtic also playing that Sunday it does narrow down the choice of ties if the BBC want a Tuesday night game.

With Aberdeen playing Hearts on the Sunday and Celtic also playing that Sunday it does narrow down the choice of ties if the BBC want a Tuesday night game.

If memory serves, the BBC normally prefer Wednesday games because it doesn't interfere with EastEnders. So Hibs v Aberdeen was perfectly suited.

Yet they still went with Sevco, even though it had to be on Tuesday because of Celtic needing to play on the Wednesday.

This is great. Just read 3 pages of an Arbroath fan of all things trying to tell us that Hibs are a better team than St Johnstone. Bizarre and fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

If memory serves, the BBC normally prefer Wednesday games because it doesn't interfere with EastEnders. So Hibs v Aberdeen was perfectly suited.

Yet they still went with Sevco, even though it had to be on Tuesday because of Celtic needing to play on the Wednesday.

I have it on good authority that the BBC wanted Hibs v Aberdeen to be played next Thursday so not to disrupt the bake of viewing figures. One of these clubs (I was not told which one) said no so they the went for a Tuesday night game.

YOU FUCKING WHAT MATE?

These were my favourites...

What player out of St Johnstones team would get into Hibs strongest 11? O Halloran and Mannus maybe?

They're both absolute bang average. He has played 1 minute for Scotland in a friendly against Luxembourg, there's been a fair amount of absolute shite to pull on a Scotland Jersey in the past few years. Liam Kelly got thrown on before him in that game FFS. Chris Millar might have had a decent season last year but that doesn't take away the fact he's an extremely average football player.

Fwiw I actually think St Johnstone are no bad. I just think Hibs are better and find it a bit of a minter that fans of some teams in the premiership are lording it all over Sevco and Hibs when they two sides would probably be comfortable in the top 6, in the case of Rangers definitely. The same thing was happening with Hearts before the season started. Personally think Hibs would finish 5th or 6th. Hence why I think the Hibs v Aberdeen game would be a good choice for the TV.

I am absolutely delighted to be proved wrong

Let's face it though even all you thought you were going to get beat!!!

Still think Hibs have better players than Saints?

Hibs :lol: Lichtie, you don't have a clue my good man.

The best I've ever seen St Johnstone play last night, Scobbie even put in a belter of a performance at centre half, it was so very strange but so very enjoyable.

Dave McKay must be one of my favourite all time Scottish Premiership defenders. The Scottish Tony Hibbert.

Saints' performance last night wouldn't even place if I had to put together a substantial list of performances over the past few years.

The fact anyone should say it's the best they've seen us play only suggests they don't see us much, which is fair enough. But then you probably shouldn't make bold comments about the 2014 Scottish Cup winners and European regulars St Johnstone being a poorer group of players than Hibernian.

The best I've ever seen St Johnstone play last night, Scobbie even put in a belter of a performance at centre half, it was so very strange but so very enjoyable.

Dave McKay must be one of my favourite all time Scottish Premiership defenders. The Scottish Tony Hibbert.

Dave Mackay has been the right back in the SPL/Premiership team of the year on numerous occasions since we've come back up :lol:

We were no where near our best last night.

Archived