Hibernian v Raith Rovers

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we need a really strong performance here to put a marker down. Teams just don't fear us at the moment, hopefully we score a few.

Trouble is Raith know this all too well, they took advantage of it pretty much every time we faced them last season and Saturday will be no different, players need to really step up

Trouble is Raith know this all too well, they took advantage of it pretty much every time we faced them last season and Saturday will be no different, players need to really step up

Aye, keep it 0-0 till half time and there's a good chance of points for the other team. Could do with a few goals tonight for the confidence.

Going by the reports tonight it was a typical Hibs performance. We certainly have nothing to fear on Saturday. Keep it tight at the back, give nothing away and I'm not sure they will have what it takes to break us down.

Team line-up will depend on what happens with Thomson's appeal tomorrow but if he's still out I wonder if he'll stick Toshney right back and put Davo into centre defence. Would probably mean Petrie coming into centre midfield as well. If not then I'm not sure else we could do other than put Bates into central defence. As well as he's done this season away at Easter Road would be a massive step up for the lad.

I would expect Wighton to come back in in place of either Anderson or Megginson.

Confidence is high though and whatever team McKinnon puts out we'll be well organised.

Absolutely gutted I can't make it!

Going by the reports tonight it was a typical Hibs performance. We certainly have nothing to fear on Saturday. Keep it tight at the back, give nothing away and I'm not sure they will have what it takes to break us down.

Team line-up will depend on what happens with Thomson's appeal tomorrow but if he's still out I wonder if he'll stick Toshney right back and put Davo into centre defence. Would probably mean Petrie coming into centre midfield as well. If not then I'm not sure else we could do other than put Bates into central defence. As well as he's done this season away at Easter Road would be a massive step up for the lad.

I would expect Wighton to come back in in place of either Anderson or Megginson.

Confidence is high though and whatever team McKinnon puts out we'll be well organised.

Absolutely gutted I can't make it!

Think I'd rather bring in Elliot Ford than move Toshney out of centre back.

Also, Varna Rover, I really doubt we'll get any kind of an 'easy' ride.

Think I'd rather bring in Elliot Ford than move Toshney out of centre back.

Also, Varna Rover, I really doubt we'll get any kind of an 'easy' ride.

I did think that but again a massive step bringing him in for his first league start away at Easter Road. I know Matthews has played right back before in the past but again a bit of a gamble.

Lets just hope the appeal is successful and we don't have to go down this route.

Raith have more than a good chance of a result here. We look like we're still struggling to score goals on a huge scale. No pace or urgency about our play at all.

On the plus side Darren McGregor look good tonight. Also it's clear to see Dylan is going to be our best player. Calm as f**k on the ball.

Raith have more than a good chance of a result here. We look like we're still struggling to score goals on a huge scale. No pace or urgency about our play at all.

This is what bugs me and has done for years. We seem to lack any urgency when we have the ball to try and break a team down.

Naturally the weekend the Rovers are away in Edinburgh is the very same one I already have plans in another country. Pretty confident of getting some kind of result in this, Hibs are nothing to be scared of and Daly is guaranteed to score.

Well with Thomson out, how does the back line go? As I see it, there's three options. In order of likelihood:

Toshney Davidson Benedictus McKeown

Toshney Bates Benedictus McKeown

Ford Toshney Benedictus McKeown

If Davidson does drop back, it'd open the door for Petrie (if he's fit? Not on the bench on Tuesday) or Matthews to come into midfield alongside McCord and Craigen. We just can't get the same team out on the park at the moment, and without Callachan and Vaughan it's not our strongest, either...

Think we'll go

Cuthbert

Toshney Davidson Benedictus McKeown

Anderson Petrie McCord Craigen

Wighton

Stewart

Daly lined up to come on with 20 to play. Megginson the other option from the bench.

Archived