Buddies vs Livingston

Not at all, it was a crazy decision. He was our midfield at that point as Mallan so far forward and Agnew was anonymous.

I might be biased as well though as a guy who sits near me fucking hates Goodwin, which probably makes me like him more.

There was someone near me screaming at Goodwin today when Baird shanked that cross with his left foot after Jim had been subbed. I wonder if it's the same roaster.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was someone near me screaming at Goodwin today when Baird shanked that cross with his left foot after Jim had been subbed. I wonder if it's the same roaster.

You in W2? If so it definitely was. He also blamed Goodwin for the penalty.

I'll take a point and over the piece it was probably right tbh but quite happy with the way we've played over the last two games as I didn't give us a hope in hell in either game.

Buchanan's had his best two games in a Livi top, Cole his mistake that led to the goal aside looked back to his end of season form and Ben Gordon is strolling through games, one of the best centre backs in the league IMO.

I actually thought the ref had a fairly decent game, again we where quite a distance away from the penalty so I went with the players reaction and there wasn't any St Mirren players complaining and consensus seems to be that it was a definite pen, I felt St Mirren could've went down to 10 men when we got in behind but some u get some u don't, he was slightly picky with one or two things but overall I thought he controlled the game.

Anyway a point gets us up and running, big game against Morton next week at home now.

Goodwin was the best player on the park today, aside perhaps from Hippolyte - if he could shoot he wouldn't be at Livi. The decision to hook Jim was fucking ridiculous.

I don't think Jim conceded a single foul today. Although I understood the decision to sub him in midweek when he was on a booking with that clown of a ref, Murray surely realised in that game that we fall to bits without him in the centre of the park. Taking him off when Livingston were on top was just baffling.

Nah, W1. There must be more than one. :(

I'm in W2 and there are plenty of roasters. There was one wjen Goodwin was going off who screamed "Thank f**k. Get to f**k Goodwin". No idea what game this glue sniffer had been watchinguo to that point.

I thought Sean Kelly was having a stormer. At one point he gave away a corner and the same guy screamed "Every week Kelly. Pish".

I despair.

I thought Kelly was a bit better today but still poor, he almost always clears the ball back to the opposition. He had some good runs forward though when he got the chance. I'd like him to move to LB once Watson is fit again.

Was Baird not playing full-back for the whole game? It looked like a back 4 to me in the first half too.

I don't think Jim conceded a single foul today. Although I understood the decision to sub him in midweek when he was on a booking with that clown of a ref, Murray surely realised in that game that we fall to bits without him in the centre of the park. Taking him off when Livingston were on top was just baffling.

He conceded a foul when he kicked one of our players, think it was Hippo after turning him inside out. Just took a kick at the back of his legs.

Hippo can shoot all right, scored a 25 yarder against Clyde this season in a cup game and a belter of a free kick against Sevco last season are two that spring to mind, his shooting was poor today though.

Think we missed Mullen, or even having Spas coming on from the subs bench like Tues when players were a bit tired, didn't really have any players on the bench to put in some direct runs. I think Burchill played it safe with his final substitution doing a straight swap for Buchanan, was hoping he'd take off Longridge and go 3 at the back with White and Buchanan up front, obv didn't want to risk losing the game though.

Would've certainly taken a cup win and a draw in the league if we were offered it for the double header against St Mirren so happy enough with getting it. Need to take something against Morton next week too, hopefully all 3 points.

The draw was probably just about a fair result on the basis of chances created, but I did feel that Livingston were much more controlled and looked the better side. Cole was probably the best player not the park, and ippHolyte looks a very talented player. Wouldn't mind us having a look at him to be honest.

St Mirren did manage to put together a few periods of pressure - the first and last 5 minutes of the first half, a spell at around the 70 minute mark and a few corners near the end. They played the match like the away team though, and ultimately I think all the players on show today are too similar. The Goodwin sub was the most baffling moment of the day - Mallan and Agnew were completely anonymous and Goodwin was at least an outball for the defence, who had to resort to passbacks or long balls after he went off. I think that sub more or less took any shape out of St Mirren's team and they didn't really look like scoring thereafter.

Based on today, Livi will finish quite comfortably above St Mirren. They're quite a cynical side, but they're much more astute looking. They'll pick up more points when playing poorly.

Wasn't disappointed with the boooooooos. Not unjust towards the ref or St Mirren's team.

Hippolyte looks a very talented player. Wouldn't mind us having a look at him to be honest. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

Archived