Buddies vs Livingston

Yep, it WAS good patter. That's why, as you suggested, it went over your head originally.

As for who we play on Saturday - Alloa, Livi, St Murn....... Wot's the difference??

Different strips, different stadiums, different players and different supporters to name a few.

You may be one of the thickest individuals I've ever encountered.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was waiting to see tonight's game before posting on here, if we play with the same tempo and set the team out properly again then we have a good chance of getting our first points on the board. Who knows with Burchill though it' hasn't been the same starting 11 two games running.

Yep, we DID get a good result tonight. And since we are due to beat Livi on Saturday I thought I'd have a look on here to see what was said about them. If that's all right with you, of course.

And re the Goodwin thing - I remarked on the Morton - St Murn thread last week that his facial hair made him a ringer for Gary Glitter, and that's why I mentioned it again. Dirty bugger that he his, it was a comment about Goodwin's appearance, not a reference to what Gadd or any other paedophiles did. Got it?

post-43465-14405460916798_thumb.jpg

Different strips, different stadiums, different players and different supporters to name a few.

You may be one of the thickest individuals I've ever encountered.

A wee hint for you....... it wasn't a question that was meant to be taken literally.

Here to help.

Right, that's twice you've said it now. St. Mirren are playing Livingston on Saturday...not Morton. That's why you're in the St. Mirren vs Livingston match thread, you complete moon unit.

Moon unit is a tremendous phrase!

Hopefully young Jordan Stewart is OK. Ambulance rushed to the ground just after the final whistle. A fucking horrific piece of thuggery by Danny Mullen who by that point could have already been off the park. Honestly as disgusting a tackle I've seen since Peter MacDonald and Tokely before him.

Oh and class all round by Burchill claiming it was his own fault for trying to keep the ball and by the Livingston supporters to applaud the vile little b*****d for doing it.

Was there more than one?

Saturday's game will be a bit more tasty than usual.

Need 3 points badly or the usual section of fans will start to turn on Murray and the young players.

Esp if Mullen plays, he's taken over from Talbot as a hate figure, Dumbarton fans really loved him..

Should be a tasty encounter as it's now obvious to both camps what will be required. I expect Livi to play the exact same way i.e to get in our faces. How Saints approach the game will depend on who we have available to play. Defence will be patchwork and whoever plays at the back has to do the basics better. Shankland being available might make the difference in a game Saints really can't afford to lose.

Surely he won't be available?

If he plays he will get done and rightly so.

Would be ironic if a Saints player tries to get revenge and Saints have to play for 85 minutes with 10 men; when last night although Mullen was rightly sent off, as a result of his thuggery we were also down to 10 men - for the four minutes that got played when the game eventually resumed.

After Watson's injury last night our defence was:

Kelly (21), Baird (19), Cuddihy (18) and Stewart (19)

After Goodwin had to be subbed, our midfield was:

Morgan (18), Mallan (19), Howieson/McMullan (20/19) and Carswell (21)

Gallagher is 20.

So the whole team is 18-21 then up to Thompson who hits 37 in 6 weeks.

Can anyone see why we might be struggling?

Maybe just as well he'll miss it then, big Shagz can start with Buchanan, or Sheerin. Duckrell might get a sub appearance if Mullen is out too, bursting to see him play as he was rapid in a pre season game against Sociedad.

*Has his red as serious foul.

Goodwin's yellow was for dangerous play, an elbow to Mullen's head.

Do red cards in the league cup count in the league for suspensions?

Doubt Mullen meant to injure Stewart, never seen him make any challenges like that before. Our version of the tackle was he slipped and he apologised for injuring Stewart.

That's a lie though isn't it.

Archived