Buddies vs Livingston

Didn't see a thread so might as well start it.

This early on the season, we're now in 'must win' territory for our new gaffer. He has to get this monkey off his back and soon. September is going to be a really tough month and we can't continue dropping soft points and playing badly.

Hopefully there will be two new signings in the squad on Saturday in the shape of Lawrence Shankland and Andy Webster. That being said, I'd like another creative midfielder before close of play in this window as we look painfully short of creativity.

I'd like us, for once, to get our foot on the ball and dictate the tempo of the match for the first time in Murray's tenure. We look completely flustered and uncomfortable in possession. That's something that we have to work on and strive to improve on.

The optimist that usually resides at the start of the season remains and I'm going to go for 2-0 Saints comfortably. Hopefully.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not something we do.

You've not played us in recent times.

On the plus side New St Mirren park is the only professional ground I've not been too in Scotland so looking forward to ticking that final ground off my list....don't know why I do it to myself.

Suggestions for parking ?

You've not played us in recent times.

On the plus side New St Mirren park is the only professional ground I've not been too in Scotland so looking forward to ticking that final ground off my list....don't know why I do it to myself.

Suggestions for parking ?

I doubt there will be much of a crowd, so you'll get parked near the ground no problem. If you stick to the west side of the ground the street parking is pretty safe.

The secure car park is £4.

Met a Livvy fan on the train on the way back from the 2013 Cup Final. Decent chap; he was very pleased we'd beaten Hearts.

I will therefore assume all your fans are decent. Keep up the good work.

I rarely predict a Saints win, but I think we'll edge this 1-0.

I'd like us, for once, to get our foot on the ball and dictate the tempo of the match for the first time in Murray's tenure. We look completely flustered and uncomfortable in possession. That's something that we have to work on and strive to improve on.

It's enough to make you long for the days of Lennon's 'tippy-tappy shite' . We may have lacked a cutting edge, but at least we had players who could hold onto the ball. Of course, having Gowser in the team was always going to help with that, too.

It seems the Dumbarton fans "fears" about Murray have came true. Obviously not writing him off after a few games.

Murray likes his teams to play deep and sit off the opposition. Not what we have been used to over the years but our pressing "high tempo passing style" didn't exactly work for us barring 1 season and a historic cup win.

If we are going direct to Thommo and by passing the midfield then drop Carswell and play Gallagher up beside him.

I'd love to see McMullan in a more central role too. He seems wasted out on the right. Give McLear a shot and push McMullan up beside or in behind Thommo as an alternative.

First game of the season I can't make so guaranteed win.

3-1 with no booking for Jim causing board-wide meltdown

Saints 3 Livingston 0

Crowd 3587

Well, you rode your luck on Friday, but it ran out tonight.

And I see Gary Glitt - sorry, Jim Goodwin - DID get booked. Shame Thompson didn't, his tackle on our keeper on Friday was shocking and kept the guy out of the team tonight (WE won, by the way).

Enjoy the rest of your night, guys.

And I see Gary Glitt - sorry, Jim Goodwin - DID get booked. Shame Thompson didn't, his tackle on our keeper on Friday was shocking and kept the guy out of the team tonight (WE won, by the way).

Luck? Your mob couldn't beat a rank Saints team that was down to men for over 30 mins.

Come back when you's have won the thing ;).

Hopefully young Jordan Stewart is OK. Ambulance rushed to the ground just after the final whistle. A fucking horrific piece of thuggery by Danny Mullen who by that point could have already been off the park. Honestly as disgusting a tackle I've seen since Peter MacDonald and Tokely before him.

Oh and class all round by Burchill claiming it was his own fault for trying to keep the ball and by the Livingston supporters to applaud the vile little b*****d for doing it.

You're team gets a great result away to Queens tonight, and you're on talking about St.Mirren.

Edited to include: I hope "Gary Glitt" is some joke that's going over my head, because if it's trying to suggest Goodwin is like Gary Glitter then it's utterly chronic patter. For a start there's been about a million famous paedophiles who've been outed since Paul Gadd. You could have at least made a shite joke up to date.

You're team gets a great result away to Queens tonight, and you're on talking about St.Mirren.

Edited to include: I hope "Gary Glitt" is some joke that's going over my head, because if it's trying to suggest Goodwin is like Gary Glitter then it's utterly chronic patter. For a start there's been about a million famous paedophiles who've been outed since Paul Gadd. You could have at least made a shite joke up to date.

Yep, we DID get a good result tonight. And since we are due to beat Livi on Saturday I thought I'd have a look on here to see what was said about them. If that's all right with you, of course.

And re the Goodwin thing - I remarked on the Morton - St Murn thread last week that his facial hair made him a ringer for Gary Glitter, and that's why I mentioned it again. Dirty bugger that he his, it was a comment about Goodwin's appearance, not a reference to what Gadd or any other paedophiles did. Got it?

Yep, we DID get a good result tonight. And since we are due to beat Livi on Saturday I thought I'd have a look on here to see what was said about them. If that's all right with you, of course.

And re the Goodwin thing - I remarked on the Morton - St Murn thread last week that his facial hair made him a ringer for Gary Glitter, and that's why I mentioned it again. Dirty bugger that he his, it was a comment about Goodwin's appearance, not a reference to what Gadd or any other paedophiles did. Got it?

Right, that's twice you've said it now. St. Mirren are playing Livingston on Saturday...not Morton. That's why you're in the St. Mirren vs Livingston match thread, you complete moon unit.

You should have probably checked the correct thread, as this thread is for a game yet to take place.

Got it, you think Goodwin looks like Garry Glitter. Good patter.

Yep, it WAS good patter. That's why, as you suggested, it went over your head originally.

As for who we play on Saturday - Alloa, Livi, St Murn....... Wot's the difference??

Archived