Ross County v Dundee United, 29 Aug 2015

A vaguely mid-table battle in Dingwall for a County coming off a great result and a United coming off yet another loss with 9 conceded in 3 games, 6 of which being somewhat due to unforced errors or especially poor defending.

Against Celtic, we looked far better when trying to play the measured game than the frantic one-touch counter-attacking with unpacey forwards game we've become used to. As such I'd like to see us start with the 4-1-4-1, and give Connolly a starting berth on the right. Dillon off, McGowan back to LB. Dixon finally starting to offer something in an attacking sense v Celtic, but I'm starting to wonder if Dillon might be a better option there for a probable stronger backline defensively.

Assuming Bodul, Morris and Bilate are still injured, Rodders still MIA, and Rankin available...

Zwick

McGowan Donaldson Durnan Dixon

Souttar

Connolly Rankin Telfer Spittal

Muirhead

That's 3 decent-to-good ball players in the mid 5, plus Rankin, to slow that shit down, with Muirhead as our best available pivot. Dow, Erskine, +1 off the bench.

0-0.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's probably time for plan B, llan A having failed more often than not in the last 8 months.

I'd go 442, as follows:-

Zwick

McGowan/Dillon - Donaldson - Durnan - Dixon

Spittal - Souttar - McGowan/Rankin - Fraser/Connolly

Murray - Muirhead

Still plenty of scope to play nice football but with the added option of Murray playing off Muirhead.

I'd be happy enough with that. Would give Murray a chance to show what he's capable of in a partnership, and push Souttar to step up a gear in workrate and concentration for the entirety of a game.

Word on the pavey is that this is the last chance saloon for Jackie and his merry men.

Is that realistic? Whatever McNamara's failings on the pitch he's made a fortune for United and - by extension - the shareholders of the club. If Thompson is serious about leaving then I can't see him wasting time and money on changing managers prior to his departure.

Ive been looking forward to this since the fixtures came out. First trip to Dingwall with the lads on the early train. Can see this being a complete shambles and thats before we get to the football!

On the team selection front, i would seriously drop Dixon. If need be, put Dillon in at LB and McGowan back in at RB. If we want something from Muirhead, he has to start again this weekend. No point putting him in one week then leaving him out again, he needs a run of games to get to the performance levels we need. Although i like the idea of an attacking 4-4-2, i dont think its a good idea to do it away to a rampant Ross County side. In fact if we did go that way, we could see another Hamilton-esque fiasco

Is there a train before 9?? If so, the guy that booked our one an hour later is gonna be on the receiving end of a suplex. Our train gets back to Dundee at 23.02, is that right?

County should focus on conceding corners as often as possible. United will fail to get the ball into the box and the teuchters should be able to break up field and score a couple of times.

Arab down under?

I think there might be a baldy snake related joke in there somewhere.

Like the idea of the 4-1-4-1, but would give Dow a go in the middle beside rankin if he's fit enough for a full game. 2 more experienced players to help out the daft laddies.

Put up or shut up time - we need a team performance and to see in action all the " hard work being done during training"

Shit needs to get real here.

I expect to see Zwick screaming relentlessly at what amounts to 4 cum covered Kleenex that make up the back 4. The jizz rag known as Dixon to repeatedly be caught out of position and, of course, due to being a malleable rag, getting out muscled at the back/front post at every corner.

The "engine room" to be made up of the rusted old cogs of Rankin and Mr Slick Johnny Souttar. So, out muscled, out thought and out run. But when 3 down, Souttar will start spraying 70 yard cross field passes and we will all feel our trousers getting tighter.

Any 3 of the wafer thin midgets in front of them. It's like we purposely signed boys with the sole requirement of being so light weight that they should make GMS look like Judge Dread. Clearly a bid to make GMS feel better. Sadly, he left anyway, to a team where there is a guy who has no neck, thus making his swan like appendage look glorious.

Striker. Well, it won't really matter. c**t may as well be sitting in the stand tucking into a pie that even if it was made from dog shit and period juice would be better than the steaming pile of pond water that passes for a pie at tanny. He will be that disconnected from play.

3-0 county.

Archived