Alloa v Morton

Both teams looking for their first win of the season and both sets of fans probably expecting a win.

We've had a tough start to the season narrowly losing to Hibs and picking up two good points against Falkirk & St.Mirren. There has been spells in all three games that we've actually played quite well but lack any real quality in the final third. Showed by the fact we've only scored one goal in the league so far fingers crossed we sign a striker before Saturday. Hopefully Tidser is back for this one as well.

Alloa fans how have you played in your opening fixtures?

Hoping for a win and I can see us nicking it 2-1.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought yous where the better team vs st mirren and any other day PMd would have scored 2/3

Yous play good football and crate good chances

Hope we can get the first goal and then we might settle as a team confidence is a big thing in football our players don't have that at present !!

Alloa fans how have you played in your opening fixtures?

Rangers walked all over us and we were utterly tragic against Elgin in the Petrofac cup. Cant comment on away games as not there.

I think it's fair to say we've had better starts to a season.

i fancy us to pick up our first win 0-2.( hoping no further injuries tomorrow night)

We only have 2 points from 9, but at least we are making chances and as someone said, on another day Peaso could have had at least a hat trick.

I like the look of big Denny and feel once he is off and running in the league and a bit more fitter, he will be a good edition.

Really hope we see Tidser soon as he will make a massive difference.

Even at this early stage of the season I think both sides have to look at this as must-win. The two of us and Livingston surely have to be looking at each other already and thinking 'If we can't beat them, we can't beat anybody'. Head to head fixtures are going to be massively important in this relegation battle and if one of these three sides could get say six wins out of the eight games with the other two they'll be giving themselves a fantastic chance of eighth.

If we're going to get the win, we're going to have start doing something in open play. The only goal we've scored so far has been from the only decent cross from a corner we've seen so far, we clearly can't rely on set-pieces. Tidser can't come back soon enough.

Alloa looked pretty good in despatching seaside league diddies in last season's play-offs . We need to show that we're significantly better than those outfits or perhaps take advantage of a weaker Alloa side now. I haven't paid attention to their transfer dealings but they've certainly had a rancid start.

I'm not convinced that we'll comfortably win any match without Tidser being available, so will go for a draw.

Really important one to win. Obviously had some tricky games so far which arguably excuses us still being winless (albeit we should've beaten St Mirren on Friday), but we really need to get that first win under our belt and start scoring some more goals too.

Think we'll maybe win 2-1, but worry it'll end up being another 0-0 affair.

Really important one to win. Obviously had some tricky games so far which arguably excuses us still being winless (albeit we should've beaten St Mirren on Friday), but we really need to get that first win under our belt and start scoring some more goals too.

Think we'll maybe win 2-1, but worry it'll end up being another 0-0 affair.

If Alloa manage to keep a clean sheet I'll buy every Morton fan in attendance a pint the next time we meet!!

Definitely need to be winning these types of games, even at this early stage of the season. Alloa look to have had a terrible start, so we really need to push on and get our first three points of the season. There is definitely positives to take from the first few games, we just need to be more clinical in the final third.

Alloa looked pretty good in despatching seaside league diddies in last season's play-offs . We need to show that we're significantly better than those outfits or perhaps take advantage of a weaker Alloa side now. I haven't paid attention to their transfer dealings but they've certainly had a rancid start.

I'm not convinced that we'll comfortably win any match without Tidser being available, so will go for a draw.

The play-offs are irrelevant I'm afraid, only a couple of players from those matches are likely to play this weekend.

I enjoyed the Morton match the other night and although there wasn't much flowing football the Ton looked very committed and created enough chances to win the game. I think we can probably pose more of a threat with the ball on the deck than St.Mirren did but are also more likely to leak a daft goal. Getting the first goal would certainly help us, would appear that the team pretty much folded on going behind at Raith.

If Alloa manage to keep a clean sheet I'll buy every Morton fan in attendance a pint the next time we meet!!

To be fair, we're hardly kicking up any trees ourselves in the goalscoring department. If you're going to manage a clean sheet against anyone, it'll probably be us. Still, I'm hoping Saturday's when we start to find a bit of form up front.

To be fair, we're hardly kicking up any trees ourselves in the goalscoring department. If you're going to manage a clean sheet against anyone, it'll probably be us. Still, I'm hoping Saturday's when we start to find a bit of form up front.

You can buy us all 1 then if you manage to muster a goal. Fairs fair!!

Hoping alloa can pick up the 3 points here. I think a lot of criticism that's been aimed at the team the last few weeks is a bit harsh. We are only 4 weeks in with basically a brand new squad so it will take time... Give them it!

Hoping alloa can pick up the 3 points here. I think a lot of criticism that's been aimed at the team the last few weeks is a bit harsh. We are only 4 weeks in with basically a brand new squad so it will take time... Give them it!

I'm not saying it will turn out this badly for you, but this was the exact argument we heard from Morton fans two years ago after we lost our best players and needed to build an almost entirely new squad, resulting in a mix of unknown quantities and fringe players stepping up. It only got worse with time.

Incidentally, Alloa took 12 points from Morton that season as you avoided ninth on goal difference: if somehow you do end up being as bad as we were that season I'll be delighted if the similarities continue and we can take 12 points from you while scraping eighth.

To be fair, Dunning, it's a pretty similar story to that which many were telling at this stage LAST season as well, and yet we won the league (well, eventually).

I think we are likely to end up in 7th or 8th place this season. Meanwhile, I think we'll have the better of the game on Saturday and hopefully end up with a narrow win. Not expecting many goals but it's time Denny and Peaso converted a chance or two.

Archived