St Mirren v Livi

LIVIFOREVER

I said it looked like he slipped from where we are in the ground, I'm not saying it was or wasn't, as I've said if he hasn't then it's a horrid tackle and the book should be thrown as him.

Looked pretty clear that he wanted to hurt someone as a punishment for us deciding not to let you waste some more time.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much better balance to the team with Gallagher & Gordon as CB's and Milen & Longridge FB's. Pittman was superb in midfield too, real baller.

Enjoyed the game tonight, a bit scrappy to start with and cards aplenty being shown but once it settled down I thought Livi were the better team and deserved our win.

Same again on Sat would be good.

Looked pretty clear that he wanted to hurt someone as a punishment for us deciding not to let you waste some more time.

Burchill had a go at our bench right after the tackle. Seems about right! Disappointing to pick on a kid who had just played 3-4 games as a professional.

Going to be a long season by the looks of it though.

Hilarious to see Helen Lovejoy mock outrage from the spoon-burners, a mere handful of days after their own side's hammer-throwing antics in the derby.

The conclusion remains the same though: you're pish.

I am sure the St Mirren fans would have had something to say if Livi never gave the ball back when Langfield kicked it out - bad sportsmanship especially fron Langfield as an experienced pro & he should be ashamed.

If Danny made a rash challenge then he fully deserved his red & I genuinely hope the young boy is OK.

It was overall a scrappy game and both sets of players were at it at points during the game, but the ref set his stall out early and if St Mirren fans take off there tinted glasses (just for a second) Goodwin should have walked before he was subbed. Ben Gordon probably should have walked too (long before the Match lien incident.)

The St Mirren fans were very excited tonight and need to take some chill pills.

What are you talking about? Langfield had nothing to do with the incident, he was the full length of the pitch away in his box.

Goodwin also shouldnt have walked. His yellow wasnt even a foul, he committed one foul after that, which was pretty innocuous. Murray was wrong to take him off, butnI can see why he did it. The only red that should have occurred was Mullan at the end of he first half, when he pulled down Stewart minutes after being booked for dissent. The ref bottled it.

Edit: just noticed you said 'if danny made a rash challenge', I'm assuming you weren't at the game?

Better team won, end of story. Goodwin did his usual "lead with the arm" challenge in the first few minutes, thinking he'd probably get away with it as it was so early on. He then committed two other soft fouls and then hauled down a livi player in a counter attack which was a 100% booking. Ian Murray obviously agreed he should have been sent off and didn't event wait the few minutes to half time to do the refs work for him.

2-2 was very harsh on livi at half time as they were comfortably the better side, saints scoring with their only two efforts in target. Second an absolute belter of a free kick. Mullen also lucky to stay on after committing the foul.

Second half more even, and could have gone either way, livi having most possession and saints trying to counter. However, great finish by Gallagher to win it.

I expect saints to be much better on Saturday (surely they can't be worse). At times they were resorting to 80s long ball stuff to Thompson for knock downs as livi seemed to have control of midfield for most of the match. Pittman and Buchanan were both excellent.

We're going to go down successive years if Murray didn't get it together. 4 Championship teams played 0 wins. Looks out of his depth. At the moment wish we'd gone for someone else as this is pish. f**k knows how he kept Dumbarton up that year, at the moment he hasn't a clue on selection and tactics. Be lucky to survive past October. Big changes needed.

Very strange how Murray seems to have changed the team play for the worse.

The first two years at Dumbarton were nothing short of sensational - open, flowing attacking football and it seemed that whatever happened at the back we were determined to simply outscore teams no matter how many they put past us.

Last year saw a huge difference - we became much more defensive, we backed off teams, we displayed low energy and low tempo and played a containing game. It was awful to watch, especially compared to the previous two years. It was almost as if Murray was scared of having a go at the big teams.

Murray seems to have adopted this style with the Saints and in my opinion, it won't work.

Better team won, end of story. Goodwin did his usual "lead with the arm" challenge in the first few minutes, thinking he'd probably get away with it as it was so early on. He then committed two other soft fouls and then hauled down a livi player in a counter attack which was a 100% booking. Ian Murray obviously agreed he should have been sent off and didn't event wait the few minutes to half time to do the refs work for him.

2-2 was very harsh on livi at half time as they were comfortably the better side, saints scoring with their only two efforts in target. Second an absolute belter of a free kick. Mullen also lucky to stay on after committing the foul.

Second half more even, and could have gone either way, livi having most possession and saints trying to counter. However, great finish by Gallagher to win it.

I expect saints to be much better on Saturday (surely they can't be worse). At times they were resorting to 80s long ball stuff to Thompson for knock downs as livi seemed to have control of midfield for most of the match. Pittman and Buchanan were both excellent.

Goodwin's first booking was laughable. He jumped with about 2 yards of space around him, Mullan ran from behind, straight into Goodwin. Unless players are now expected to have eyes in the back of their head I don't know what he could do. It seemed to take the ref an eternity to even give the foul. The third Goodwin foul you mention was actually committed by Jack Baird. His reputation precedes him now. Every time he committs a foul now, no matter how innocuous, the opposition fans, and even players are up in arms demanding a card.

Can't disagree with any of the rest of your post, apart from the bit about Saints being much better on Saturday. I can't see it. That's 6 competitive games and we haven't played well once. Ibrox has been out best performance by some distance.

Goodwin's first booking was laughable. He jumped with about 2 yards of space around him, Mullan ran from behind, straight into Goodwin. Unless players are now expected to have eyes in the back of their head I don't know what he could do. It seemed to take the ref an eternity to even give the foul. The third Goodwin foul you mention was actually committed by Jack Baird. His reputation precedes him now. Every time he committs a foul now, no matter how innocuous, the opposition fans, and even players are up in arms demanding a card.

Can't disagree with any of the rest of your post, apart from the bit about Saints being much better on Saturday. I can't see it. That's 6 competitive games and we haven't played well once. Ibrox has been out best performance by some distance.

There were two "professional" fouls that stopped livi counters - one by Baird who also somehow managed to escape a booking, and another by Goodwin. However, it doesn't matter if the first booking is laughable or not, the haul down of the counter attack is a standard booking and he was incredibly lucky not to be sent off.

There were two "professional" fouls that stopped livi counters - one by Baird who also somehow managed to escape a booking, and another by Goodwin. However, it doesn't matter if the first booking is laughable or not, the haul down of the counter attack is a standard booking and he was incredibly lucky not to be sent off.

Baird should have been booked, I agree. He committed the foul, the referee gave the foul. I don't know why he didn't book him. He didn't book Goodwin, because it was Baird that gave away the foul. I don't see how this is difficult to understand. You even saw the ref indicating it was Baird.

Baird should have been booked, I agree. He committed the foul, the referee gave the foul. I don't know why he didn't book him. He didn't book Goodwin, because it was Baird that gave away the foul. I don't see how this is difficult to understand. You even saw the ref indicating it was Baird.

Livvy were out to con the ref from the word go.

Ref fell for it and booked Howieson and Goodwin (essentially ending the latter's game) for things that weren't even fouls.

Millen then continued the playacting right in front of us, rolling around as if he was in agony. Of course he made a miraculous recovery.

As I said above, if the ref had clamped down on the playacting and the time wasting, that dreadful assault at the end simply wouldn't have happened.

To give the first yellow for time wasting in injury time was irresponsible.

Livvy were out to con the ref from the word go.

Ref fell for it and booked Howieson and Goodwin (essentially ending the latter's game) for things that weren't even fouls.

Millen then continued the playacting right in front of us, rolling around as if he was in agony. Of course he made a miraculous recovery.

As I said above, if the ref had clamped down on the playacting and the time wasting, that dreadful assault at the end simply wouldn't have happened.

To give the first yellow for time wasting in injury time was irresponsible.

Bobby_F I don't disagree for a second that Livi had a gameplan to go after the ref at every opportunity with regard to Goodwin.............however I do disagree about that essentially ending Goodwin's game, Goody did that himself. The booking happened right in front of me and most around me thought a booking was fair, he then proceeded to get himself into situations where the ref had decisions to make.

Everything else in your post I agree with.

I am sure the St Mirren fans would have had something to say...

There's a massive difference between a bunch of Verge of Tears internet c***s complaining on a forum, or booing in a stand, and a guy on the pitch trying to end a lad's career.

Bobby_F I don't disagree for a second that Livi had a gameplan to go after the ref at every opportunity with regard to Goodwin.............however I do disagree about that essentially ending Goodwin's game, Goody did that himself. The booking happened right in front of me and most around me thought a booking was fair, he then proceeded to get himself into situations where the ref had decisions to make.

Everything else in your post I agree with.

Happened right in front of me too, and it looked as if the Livvy player jumped in to Goodwin in rather than the other way round.

What is for sure is that as soon as Goodwin gets a booking, his effectiveness is gone.

Good god, the Livvy players were wanting him to be sent off for a foul by Jack Baird :-)!

It's easy to understand it was a different foul I'm referring to

It's easy to understand it was a different foul I'm referring to

Ok, I must have missed that foul. But I think you are getting confused, as both Goodwin and Baird were involved in one foul, and a fair number of Livingston players surrounded the ref, looking for a second yellow for Goodwin.

I remember Goodwin giving away two free kicks, his booking, and another in the Livingston half. I genuinely can't remember another, if I'm wrong then fair enough.

Archived