St Mirren v Livi

LIVIFOREVER

What a horrible, spineless tepid performance tonight from us. Ian Murray is on shaky ground already, make no mistake about it. That sort of display in backing off and trying to feed off of scraps may well yield results when you take charge of a part-time team in a full-time league. But it doesn't cut the mustard, I'm afraid!
It didn't against Dumbarton, Annan, Morton or tonight and will have to change sharpish or we'll be paying up the guts of another two year contract before the year's out!
Defeat is acceptable, even a poor performance is acceptable. The manner in which we completely and seemingly continuously succumb to teams, invite pressure, allow space and generally let them have as much of the ball as they want, isn't and won't be acceptable going forward.
Is Danny Mullen available for Saturday? I certainly hope so. What a fucking disgusting challenge on Jordan Stewart, regardless of if he didn't give the ball back or not. Completely reprehensible to be honest.

I didn't work with us either. We were utterly rank last season, backing off teams and letting them dominate last season. Under Murray and Ross, we were played at a far higher tempo.

Murray and Spalding isn't a great combination. He needs a decent assistant, and he isn't one.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw an ambulance heading towards the ground as I left.

Hope it's not for young Stewart.

Livinigston were at it throughout the whole game, and sadly the ref fell for it.

For him to deny the stonewall penalty, and continue to let the time wasting go unchecked he's partly responsible for what ended up happening.

Two Livvy players feign injury (again) and the goalie chucks the ball out to waste more time.

Saints were absolutely right not to give it back, and Livvy should have been happy enough to have conned another couple of minutes out of the ref.

But no, a piece of pure scum decides to carry out a horrific assault on a guy playing only his second game for the first team.

I really hope he can get the kind of ban that Suarez got for nibbling someone's arm.

Disappointed about our performance, and the result, but that at the end was just horrible.

Spoke to a Livvy fan on the way out and he said Stewardpt got what he deserved for not giving the ball back.

Classy man. Classy team.

we were perfectly entitlad to keep the ball. No one was injured. It was cramp only

:lol:

You may laugh, but that kind of challenge can end season, and possibly even careers. I'd also have been raging with him if I was a Livvy fan. You're winning, in stoppage time, and a lad - who's on a booking - gets himself sent off, and gives away a free kick putting the team under pressure.

You can argue the rights and wrongs of not giving the ball back, there was no excuse for that challenge. A regular three match ban isn't enough for what he did.

Totally agree.

As for the penalty shout Bobby F and Gareth mentioned, it hit his arm, I shouted for it, but I wouldn't say 'stonewaller'. I'd have been raging had that gone against us.

The ball, travelled 10 yards, it was on target, the guy handled it.

Easy call.

Astonished to see St Mirren fans talking about "horror tackles" and "banning" Mullen when you have Jim fucking Goodwin in your team. As big a thug as I've ever seen.

You lost to by far the worst livi team of all time, let's start focussing on how bad you lot actually are.

Astonished to see St Mirren fans talking about "horror tackles" and "banning" Mullen when you have Jim fucking Goodwin in your team. As big a thug as I've ever seen.

You lost to by far the worst livi team of all time, let's start focussing on how bad you lot actually are.

I think everyone has accepted how bad we are, and accepted the better team won. Because Livingston deserved to win does that mean we can't comment on any other aspect of the game?

Say what you like about Goodwin, I've never seen him commit a challenge like Mullan did. It says more about you that you are trying to deflect from the challenge.

:lol:

I really hope you weren't at the game to be laughing at anything to do with that assault.

And yeah, I do think the kind of 'tackle' Mullen did deserves punishment at least as severe as biting someone.

Truly appalling.

Well that was as niggily a game as I'm likely to see all season and the referee seemed intent on making it that way, as has been said yellow cards where being flashed round when only a word would have been suffice early in the game, he clearly had lost the plot and realised that by letting other fouls go later in the game (by both teams)

Buchanan's goal was a thing of beauty as was the free kick to get Saints level.

Was shocked at how poor St Mirren where tbh, expected much better after watching them against Rangers but they didn't seem to want to stop a cross all night, fully expect them to be much better on Saturday and us much poorer but you never know.

Onto the red card, I don't blame St Mirren for not giving the ball back its a cup game and we've tried to run down the clock, if shoe was on the other foot I'd be expecting my team to keep the ball, I'd have liked to seen him taken off long before then as he was walking a tightrope all second half, I'm in no way defending Mullen but from our view it looked like he slipped and went into the lad but if he hasnt it's a horrible tackle and he should get a lengthy ban, oh and I certainly didn't applaud him off and didn't see many doing so either, I did see a few clapping the lad off that was on the stretcher, hope he is alright.

Seemed a lot of niggle in the stands tonight too, it was like being back at Cowdenbeath again, never thought I'd sit in an atmosphere like that again, would expect a larger segregated area on Saturday perhaps ?

There were two bookings for each team in the first 20 minutes or so but none of them merited a card (only the second Dumbarton one was even a foul). The ref booked pretty much every foul early on and then bottled it and started ignoring clear fouls.

Bit blinkered when you think Dumbarton are committing fouls against you.

Well that was as niggily a game as I'm likely to see all season and the referee seemed intent on making it that way, as has been said yellow cards where being flashed round when only a word would have been suffice early in the game, he clearly had lost the plot and realised that by letting other fouls go later in the game (by both teams)

Buchanan's goal was a thing of beauty as was the free kick to get Saints level.

Was shocked at how poor St Mirren where tbh, expected much better after watching them against Rangers but they didn't seem to want to stop a cross all night, fully expect them to be much better on Saturday and us much poorer but you never know.

Onto the red card, I don't blame St Mirren for not giving the ball back its a cup game and we've tried to run down the clock, if shoe was on the other foot I'd be expecting my team to keep the ball, I'd have liked to seen him taken off long before then as he was walking a tightrope all second half, I'm in no way defending Mullen but from our view it looked like he slipped and went into the lad but if he hasnt it's a horrible tackle and he should get a lengthy ban, oh and I certainly didn't applaud him off and didn't see many doing so either, I did see a few clapping the lad off that was on the stretcher, hope he is alright.

Seemed a lot of niggle in the stands tonight too, it was like being back at Cowdenbeath again, never thought I'd sit in an atmosphere like that again, would expect a larger segregated area on Saturday perhaps ?

You think he slipped????????

You think he slipped????????

I said it looked like he slipped from where we are in the ground, I'm not saying it was or wasn't, as I've said if he hasn't then it's a horrid tackle and the book should be thrown as him.

I am sure the St Mirren fans would have had something to say if Livi never gave the ball back when Langfield kicked it out - bad sportsmanship especially fron Langfield as an experienced pro & he should be ashamed.

If Danny made a rash challenge then he fully deserved his red & I genuinely hope the young boy is OK.

It was overall a scrappy game and both sets of players were at it at points during the game, but the ref set his stall out early and if St Mirren fans take off there tinted glasses (just for a second) Goodwin should have walked before he was subbed. Ben Gordon probably should have walked too (long before the Match lien incident.)

The St Mirren fans were very excited tonight and need to take some chill pills.

We're going to go down successive years if Murray didn't get it together. 4 Championship teams played 0 wins. Looks out of his depth. At the moment wish we'd gone for someone else as this is pish. f**k knows how he kept Dumbarton up that year, at the moment he hasn't a clue on selection and tactics. Be lucky to survive past October. Big changes needed.

Archived