St Mirren v Livi

LIVIFOREVER

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FT 2-3

One of those games. Overall we were poor though so can't complain too much. However we were denied a pretty stonewall looking penalty at the end and suffered some injuries to some rather... Keen tackles. By the time young Jordan Stewart got done - which was rightly given as a straight red - we had already used up all our subs so it was 10 apiece as the kid needed a stretcher.

End of the day we are out the cup at home to a team we would expect to beat and it's not good enough. It's all well and good Murray coming across fine in interviews and fans meetings as he has, but these things don't really matter. What matters is results, and Murray needs to start delivering them quickly. If he doesn't he will be gone by Christmas, just like Craig was.

Saturday should be an interesting grudge match. Quite a bit of niggle left out there.

What a horrible, spineless tepid performance tonight from us. Ian Murray is on shaky ground already, make no mistake about it. That sort of display in backing off and trying to feed off of scraps may well yield results when you take charge of a part-time team in a full-time league. But it doesn't cut the mustard, I'm afraid!

It didn't against Dumbarton, Annan, Morton or tonight and will have to change sharpish or we'll be paying up the guts of another two year contract before the year's out!

Defeat is acceptable, even a poor performance is acceptable. The manner in which we completely and seemingly continuously succumb to teams, invite pressure, allow space and generally let them have as much of the ball as they want, isn't and won't be acceptable going forward.

Is Danny Mullen available for Saturday? I certainly hope so. What a fucking disgusting challenge on Jordan Stewart, regardless of if he didn't give the ball back or not. Completely reprehensible to be honest.

Saw an ambulance heading towards the ground as I left.

Hope it's not for young Stewart.

Livinigston were at it throughout the whole game, and sadly the ref fell for it.

For him to deny the stonewall penalty, and continue to let the time wasting go unchecked he's partly responsible for what ended up happening.

Two Livvy players feign injury (again) and the goalie chucks the ball out to waste more time.

Saints were absolutely right not to give it back, and Livvy should have been happy enough to have conned another couple of minutes out of the ref.

But no, a piece of pure scum decides to carry out a horrific assault on a guy playing only his second game for the first team.

I really hope he can get the kind of ban that Suarez got for nibbling someone's arm.

Disappointed about our performance, and the result, but that at the end was just horrible.

Spoke to a Livvy fan on the way out and he said Stewardpt got what he deserved for not giving the ball back.

Classy man. Classy team.

Beaten by the better team. We've yet to match a team in our division, in 4 games.

Some cracking goals from both sides, but the referee was a joke tried his best to ruin the game, early bookings set the tone, then he completely bottled giving Mullan a second yellow for a cynical foul on Stewart. All the aggro came from his performance. None of that excuses Mullan's challenge for the red card, an awful challenge. I hope Stewart is ok, he was one of the few bright spots for us in tonights game.

Beaten by the better team. We've yet to match a team in our division, in 4 games.

Some cracking goals from both sides, but the referee was a joke tried his best to ruin the game, early bookings set the tone, then he completely bottled giving Mullan a second yellow for a cynical foul on Stewart. All the aggro came from his performance. None of that excuses Mullan's challenge for the red card, an awful challenge. I hope Stewart is ok, he was one of the few bright spots for us in tonights game.

Yeah, thought it was classy by the Livi fans, applauding the guy off after he's potentially left an 18 year old's leg in tatters.

Didn't even notice that, if I'm honest. But definitely poor taste. Watson went off injured as well, we really could be down to the bare bones on Saturday.

The difference Goodwin makes was clear to see tonight. I thought Murray was wrong to sub him. He took him off after a foul by Baird, the Livvy players were around the ref and you could clearly see him saying it was for the first foul, and even pointed to Baird. Goodwin only gave away two fouls in the game.

We were rotten tonight but, at the risk of going full Bobby_F here, that was one of the worst refereeing displays I've ever seen. There were two bookings for each team in the first 20 minutes or so but none of them merited a card (only the second Livingston one was even a foul). The ref booked pretty much every foul early on and then bottled it and started ignoring clear fouls. Goodwin pretty much had to be taken off because of that joke of a booking and then we predictably conceded from a long throw as soon as he left the field. We had a stonewall penalty claim for a handball at 2-2 which the ref and the linesman completely missed and their incompetence led up to that hideous challenge on Stewart at the end which looked serious. Finally, despite there being 8 minutes of injury time indicated plus some bookings for time-wasting, he played less than 6 minutes at the end. He had a total nightmare.

I won't say it cost us the game though because Livvy were the much more solid team. They were a bit cynical at times but I don't have a problem with that if it wins you matches. I thought Declan Gallagher was the clear man of the match tonight, he didn't lose a header and pretty much marked Thompson out of the match. Buchanan's goal was a superb effort, as was Mallan's goal. The number 11 completely caught us off guard with that long throw after Millen had taken a bunch of shite throw-ins before it. The goalie was pretty flappy but we didn't put him under enough pressure at corners.

There weren't many positives for us tonight. I thought Baird had a good game and Goodwin was playing well too before he was subbed. Kelly looked as lost as he did on Friday, he's clearly low on confidence and his distribution is all over the place. Cuddihy was panicky when he came on but he didn't get much support from the anonymous McMullan. Carswell does my head in. He seems to have to moved on from only doing sideways passes to only doing backwards passes. He took a knock though so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Gallagher took his goal well and had some promising runs but he looks so clumsy at times in the penalty box. Morgan is great at getting to the byline but his crossing is really poor. In fairness, he did get an assist for the only decent one tonight.

I'm not overly bothered to be out of the cup this season but, as djchapsticks said, it's the manner of defeat. We invite so much pressure onto ourselves even in games where we're meant to be slight favourites and our attacking play is either non-existent or solely hittig aimless diagonals into space for a fucked Steven Thompson. This will be a long season.

^^^ verge of tears

It was about 5 he actually played.

Doesn't matter though, we could have still been playing just now and wouldn't have scored.

Totally agree.

As for the penalty shout Bobby F and Gareth mentioned, it hit his arm, I shouted for it, but I wouldn't say 'stonewaller'. I'd have been raging had that gone against us.

Archived