St Mirren v Livi

LIVIFOREVER

Not got a clue how this will go, we're disjointed looking with a team of individuals, some playing out of position and struggling to score goals. St Mirren don't look great either, but this is beginning to feel like last season where any team that are struggling play Livi and win. However we've won 3 cup games, 2 in ET so we are capable of grinding out a laborious win to progress in a cup.

Would be great if Burchill dropped a couple of the CB's playing in midfield and at RB and tried to get a team set out to have some balance to it.

.........................................DJ

Millen...............Gallagher......Gordon...........Longridge

Glen.............Pittman/Gibbons*.....Faria.............Hippo

..........................Sheerin..........White

*Pittman if fit.

Expect Burchill will continue to play Gallagher at RB and Cole in midfield with Sives at CB, and Mullen in midfield, with White isolated up front running around chasing a lost cause.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've managed to stumble through our two cup games against fourth tier opponents this season. However, we haven't managed to beat a team from the Championship, and we really haven't looked like doing it either. Two home games against Livi in five days is surely as good a chance as we are going to get to make that right.

With this game tomorrow it's all about getting through, as always in a cup match I would take a snooze inducing 0-0 and progression via penalty shoot out. Getting knocked out would certainly raise some eyebrows.

Would guess Stewart will replace Conlon and maybe Morgan in for Howieson from Friday. Hopefully the experienced spine of Langfield, Goodwin and Thompson remains undisturbed.

Langfield

Watson-Baird-Kelly-Stewart

Goodwin-Carswell

McMullan-Agnew-Morgan

Thompson

Will go for Saints 2-1 Livi (aet).

Are our fans behind the goal? Looked like you put dumbarton fans in the same stand, in your league game.

Nah you'll be in the West Stand. Stand behind the goal is going to be closed for all but the biggest travelling supports this season.

We've managed to stumble through our two cup games against fourth tier opponents this season. However, we haven't managed to beat a team from the Championship, and we really haven't looked like doing it either. Two home games against Livi in five days is surely as good a chance as we are going to get to make that right.

With this game tomorrow it's all about getting through, as always in a cup match I would take a snooze inducing 0-0 and progression via penalty shoot out. Getting knocked out would certainly raise some eyebrows.

Would guess Stewart will replace Conlon and maybe Morgan in for Howieson from Friday. Hopefully the experienced spine of Langfield, Goodwin and Thompson remains undisturbed.

Langfield

Watson-Baird-Kelly-Stewart

Goodwin-Carswell

McMullan-Agnew-Morgan

Thompson

Will go for Saints 2-1 Livi (aet).

I highly doubt that Thompson will play in this and on Saturday. I see Thompson playing on league duty far more likely. I also reckon that Ridgers will be back in for this game...no idea who'll be in come Saturday though.

I highly doubt that Thompson will play in this and on Saturday. I see Thompson playing on league duty far more likely. I also reckon that Ridgers will be back in for this game...no idea who'll be in come Saturday though.

Well he played 70 mins on Friday. Would hope he'd start tomorrow and Saturday, but wouldn't expect him to finish either game. Gallagher is full of running and is a good option to replace him for the bench.

Where's the best place to park? Despite being pish, I'm going to head to this one against my better judgement.

Official car park has been mentioned is an option. Or if you want to save money there's plenty of free on street parking around. If you're coming from the motorway then I always recommend McFarlane St. Brisk 5-10 minute walk to the away end, however the advantage is after the game you won't be waiting around much as you're already on the main road out.

HT 2-2 then.

Action packed 45 indeed.

4 goals, 4 yellows and 1 sub to avoid a red, yep Goodwin and plenty of meatiness and niggling about.

We took the lead through a well worked goal on the right hand side and Gallgher getting infront of the defender to stick it in from a couple of yards.

Then we just never kicked on at all. Seemed to think would see it out 1-0.

Livis equaliser was a stunner to be fair. Hooked right foot lob from 20 yards over Langfield and in off the post/bar. Can't do much bout that.

The second though.... Comical stuff. A throw in to a guy who gets a free cross in. To a guy who gets a free header in. Somehow saved by Langfield to a guy who gets a free tap in on the rebound. FFS!

Just as the crowd was about to rage at half time we get a free kick from 25 yards and Mallandona strolls up and sticks it in the top corner.

Should be an interesting second half.... Odds on a red?

Good god but Livvy are a bunch of squealing cheats!

Ref fell for it and booked Howieson and Goodwin for their first two challenges. Neither of which were even fouls.

Murray made the right decision to sub Goodwin after the Livvy players demanded a red for Goodwin for a foul. Felt sorry for him but there's no doubt that because of the ridiculous early yellow he'd eventuallu have seen red.

Pretty even game, which is quite worrying for us.

But down to the Livvy players antics and the ref buying them the atmosphere has been a lot lot better than I expected :-)

Archived