Jackie Baillie to lead Labour attack on the SNP

Fide

One of Slab's biggest liars to be given the opportunity to make an even larger arse of herself.

:lol::lol:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/jackie-baillie-to-lead-labour-attack-on-the-snp-1-3862324

Jackie Baillie to lead Labour attack on the SNP
1006615944.jpg

FORMER social justice minister Jackie Baillie is to spearhead the opposition attack on the SNP Government in the forthcoming Holyrood election campaign.

The Dumbarton MSP will be handed a key role in new Labour leader Kezia Dugdale’s revamped front bench, which is being unveiled today.

Ms Baillie, who served under ex-first minister Donald Dewar, will become the party’s public services and wealth creation spokesperson and be tasked with holding the SNP to account on areas like the NHS.

Ms Dugdale said: “The role of my frontbench team will be to communicate Labour values.

“Too often people tell us they don’t know what Labour stands for. Under my leadership there will be no doubt about what we stand for and who we stand with.”

The new Labour front bench will not be a traditional “shadow” cabinet of all the government cabinet secretaries. As well as Ms Dugdale and deputy leader Alex Rowley, there will be ten other spokespeople covering equality, opportunity, justice, public services and wealth creation. There will be a spokesperson on community, environmental justice, democracy, reform, along with a business manager and chief whip.

Holding the SNP to account and saying "Today I'll embed @scottishlabour values right in the heart of my front bench team" requires them to actually know what their own values are and have some kind of idea about how they would run the NHS. I'm not convinced they even know their own values and ideas - they are waiting until Head office and their polls of public opinion tell them what to think.

Holding the SNP to account and saying "Today I'll embed @scottishlabour values right in the heart of my front bench team" requires them to actually know what their own values are and have some kind of idea about how they would run the NHS. I'm not convinced they even know their own values and ideas - they are waiting until Head office and their polls of public opinion tell them what to think.

The Scottish branch is still moderately Blairite, which will be awkward for Corbyn if he wants to use the 2016 election to push a hardline anti-austerity agenda. The scale of the gubbing Labour got in May amongst its core constituency was masked by the way a lot of 2010 Lib Dem voters jumped to them rather than the SNP. There is no way that a few glib sound bites will do anything to turn that around.

The Scottish branch is still moderately Blairite, which will be awkward for Corbyn if he wants to use the 2016 election to push a hardline anti-austerity agenda. The scale of the gubbing Labour got in May amongst its core constituency was masked by the way a lot of 2010 Lib Dem voters jumped to them rather than the SNP. There is no way that a few glib sound bites will do anything to turn that around.

Do you think Scottish Labour's core vote is even smaller than the 700,000 votes it got in May.

I know tories/zionists in Newton Mearne that jumped from Tory to Labour to stop the SNP.

Archived