Muirkirk 2015/15

Kirky442

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see what the issue is here? George does not post on here anymore because of the abuse and criticism he took so I have not seen him express his desire to stay at Muirkirk for the long haul!? He is an ambitious manager so if a clubs, which in his opinion, is of a higher standard why shouldn't he go for it? There are very few in football who don't want to better themselves and if you turn down potential moves you might regret it later! And before I get the usual abuse yes I am a George Greirson fan !!

If Muirkirk wasn't so far away I would happily join him down there again which ever way I could!

Tbh he is a adl level manager, he made a Total Kunt of it on and off the park once he got the buffs in to the super 1st

How did he make "a Total Kunt of it on and off the park when he got the buffs in to the super 1st" ????

Well the way he dealt with KP wasn't really good for the club , dressing room wasn't behind him because of his stupid talk in the local papers ,

Plus you got relegated, wasn't a great season was it . Plus you jumped ship when the going got tough

I don't think KP will be happy that you brought that up again especially considering who you are? Fortunately KP is a grown man and knows why it was done and the reasons behind it and all parties have amicably moved on.

The dressing room wasn't behind us? That's an odd accusation to make when you consider the very public off field problems we were having at the time and dressing room publicly backed us by staying and in some cases playing for no money.

We didn't get the club relegated that season and that's just an absolute fact.

At the time we left things were going very well on the park and we were out the other side of our bad patch. We were about to move into 4th if we won our game in hand, so we didn't "jump ship when the going got tough". Two committee members came on p'n'b and publicly undermined us and we had no choice but to leave the club even though Tommy Moore came down to pennyburn and begged us to stay until the end of the season. One of the committee members involved was anonymous so no action was taken against him at the time and the other was sacked on the spot.

Now you do know that people know who you are on here and that we all talk to each other in the junior community. You were praising George last month and now through no fault of his doing you I assume perceive yourself as sloppy seconds and have now had a go at him on this thread and the Irvine meadow thread. This is very unprofessional and trying to spill dressing room secrets is something that might bite you on your arse in your new role.

Well the way he dealt with KP wasn't really good for the club , dressing room wasn't behind him because of his stupid talk in the local papers ,

Plus you got relegated, wasn't a great season was it . Plus you jumped ship when the going got tough

I'm struggling to understand this statement mate? He got relegated? plus jumped ship? do you think before you speak, don't think he can do both in a season, unlike other posts on here I don't know who you are but after the post by Deeney I looked at the Irvine Meadow thread and I see you make a quib about Greirson applying for that job. Not hard to work out your either a disgruntled ex-player, coach or committee member. As a kirk fan whilst you don't want to lose your manager I was satisfied when the club made an official statement on here stating that the manager kept them informed at all times.

Ffs

This whitletts /greirson chat a bit drawn out

If gg applied to whitletts for managers post .good for him prob would have been a good fit .but the commitee chose another candidate ..shit happens thats how it works .

Granted it might have left muirkirk high and dry had the outcome been different ..

Muirkirk would have to think twice bout showing gg and team the door ..

They obv dont have too big an issue ...

Whitletts move on

Muirkirk move on ..

Happens in every level football

Good luck to both clubs

Im sure improvment from both to come this season

Always find it funny that there is so many people willing to have a go and George and Kevin, these are two guys that put in so much time and effort and whatever club they are at and Muirkirk are the beneficiaries now. The club have stated ( not that they should need to) that they were kept informed of all ongoing re the whittlets job. If GG was interested in the job and for whatever reason it didn't work out I don't see how that means his commitment to muirkirk can be questioned as at the end of the day his professional reputation is still on the line. He will still be judged on Muirkirk's results therefore it's crazy to question his intentions. As far as loyalty goes that only exsists in football between people not players and clubs or managers and clubs. Clubs aren't always "loyal" when managers have a bad spell remember

I have seen people do u turns about leaving a particular job and everyone just gets on with it. If someone applies for another job and ends up not getting it it's really no big deal. Why question their commitment? Everyone just wants to test themselves at the highest level possible and lifes not always fair. It's all about timing and better opportunities may come along in the future. Or they may not. Luck also plays a part. Give the guy piece!

What kinda piece? Hear George is prone to a piece & jam wae Banana ha ha

Agree totally with what you say though

Time do draw a line & get in wae it

Why are you so interested in this?

Just a Junior fan, pal. Always interested in debate. When I first joined P&B, the Buffs were doing well and GG was courting controversy on here. Since then I've found his, and his backroom staff's, moves interesting.

Nothing sinister.

As others have said,the issue is finished now, so I'll leave it be.

Can't see you lads making the end of the season at Burnside though Hope I'm wrong.

Just a Junior fan, pal. Always interested in debate. When I first joined P&B, the Buffs were doing well and GG was courting controversy on here. Since then I've found his, and his backroom staff's, moves interesting.

Nothing sinister.

Can't see you lads making the end of the season at Burnside though Hope I'm wrong.

That's a serious bit of backtracking from earlier.

That's a serious bit of backtracking from earlier.[/quote

You'll have to explain that please.

As a neutral in this, and since you are eager to vomment on the subject, I would like to ask if Mr Grierson interested in the Whitletts job?

Thanks for that honest....and disappointing...reply.

Maybe you lads have forgotten but this is a thread on a Junior Football fan forum, not a club website. As such anyone can comment, give opinion or ask a question in regard to the topic. Here's mine. Muirkirk have been enjoying the relative success they have had this season but it's been slipping away in recent weeks. Therefore their boss has got his historical itchy feet syndrome again. Yes, the club have a lot to be grateful to him for but they also deserve a wee bit of undivided loyalty from him. At least for one whole season, surely? Whather Whitletts are a bigger club is debatable and even if they did approach him, George Grierson should have tried to restore some integrity by ignoring the vacancy.

Who your club appointed and when isn't the issue here. The conduct of the Muirkirk manager is and it's the Muirkirk thread. Where's the puzzle?

Because a post appeared on this thread stating for the first time that Grierson was interviewed. Hence the ensuing discussion. Doesn't matter if it was Whitletts, Craigmark or Talbot.

I disagree. That statement doesn't say if GG applied for the job. Were the Muirkirk committee under the impression that Whitletts approached him? If they did then it's a bit strange that they didn't then take him.

That's me clamped then, eh?

I'll move on when I'm fed up with the topic, pal. Thanks for the advice all the same.

Whereas typing "best troll insult" into google images and copy & pasting it is ever so wholesome and cool.

Fair comment. The problem is that if you move every season, or halfway through as in this case then your credibility falls. Maybe thats why Whitletts said no?

(All your posts on this thread since Geordie and myself have been "linked" with the whitletts job to this)

Nothing sinister.

That seems like a serious change in attitude to me, have you had the same call from Kilwinning that I had?

Archived