Shotts v Gartcairn Juniors Wed 19th Aug (Cup Section)

BigBadBoaby

I have played in that division and it's very competitive and a lot of strength and depth.

I just thought seen as you were under the impression Shotts would lose badly, but we're the better team and should have scored more that you would have been a little happier!?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RRM said what I was trying to say. Cheers man.

As you said Neilly, very competitive and strong, let's not forget the quality that's in it also.

You have to be aware where the opposition are when making a pass or taking the ball to feet. That wasn't the case last night.

This has been going on since the VOC game, the same players and faults. Four competitive games later, and I use the term loosely, and I witness the same shit.

Where's the improvement? If it wasn't for the Airdrie lads, there would have been maybe ten supporters there.

That tells it own story????.

Obviously it's difficult after being relegated and losing some of your best players.

The point I was making was you were expecting to lose comfortably, but after reading the posts from guys at the game Shotts were the better team and should have scored more. Albeit gartcairn were poor n missing some 1st team players but it's clearly a bit of improvement from what you were expecting?!

I'm sure Shotts will be fine and it's probably a transitional season, all clubs have them.

RRM said what I was trying to say. Cheers man.

As you said Neilly, very competitive and strong, let's not forget the quality that's in it also.

You have to be aware where the opposition are when making a pass or taking the ball to feet. That wasn't the case last night.

This has been going on since the VOC game, the same players and faults. Four competitive games later, and I use the term loosely, and I witness the same shit.

Where's the improvement? If it wasn't for the Airdrie lads, there would have been maybe ten supporters there.

That tells it own story.

I think there is a slight exageration from yourself. You talk about the super 1st division as though every team in it are of greater quality than Shotts...... nonesense. Have you looked at results from teams within this division recently? Cumnock beat of Lugar..... scrapped a 1-0 win over Kello.... not inspiring. I could go on. I appreciate you probably don't care, but I would be confident in saying Shotts will be up there fighting it out with the so called better teams.

You talk about last nights game as though Shotts were playing a diddy team. Shotts beat a team that would probably be on double the budget that Tam has got and beat them comfortably. Guys on £80... £120... £150 per week.

Tam has to build from scratch and deserves the time to get the team to the level he is happy with and going on last nights "result" hes getting there.

Whats your solution Wishyman......manager??.....committee??

I think there is a slight exageration from yourself. You talk about the super 1st division as though every team in it are of greater quality than Shotts...... nonesense. Have you looked at results from teams within this division recently? Cumnock beat of Lugar..... scrapped a 1-0 win over Kello.... not inspiring. I could go on. I appreciate you probably don't care, but I would be confident in saying Shotts will be up there fighting it out with the so called better teams.

You talk about last nights game as though Shotts were playing a diddy team. Shotts beat a team that would probably be on double the budget that Tam has got and beat them comfortably. Guys on £80... £120... £150 per week.

Tam has to build from scratch and deserves the time to get the team to the level he is happy with and going on last nights "result" hes getting there.

After you've played ten games in the league, you come back on spouting your pish. I never once mentioned the committee, Gartcairn or indeed the manager. The committee do a great job.

I saw what I saw, a mis- firing, disjointed display. Sneddon did it with no cash. That's not an excuse and I don't buy it.

Four relegations speaks for itself. Not many will witness the fifth.

Agree with a lot here Striker but dont think the boys at Gartcairn on anything like the money you are talking bar maybe McManus (who was rested) would say Shotts had a bigger budget or minimum the same as Gartcairn and as a team 2 leagues above (3 last year) really should be beating a newly formed team from the bottom league who left out 3/4 of best players very comfortabley. Which they should have if they took chances. Think that Shotts team on that performance and previous results so far will toil in the league they are now in imho.

After you've played ten games in the league, you come back on spouting your pish. I never once mentioned the committee, Gartcairn or indeed the manager. The committee do a great job.

I saw what I saw, a mis- firing, disjointed display. Sneddon did it with no cash. That's not an excuse and I don't buy it.

Four relegations speaks for itself. Not many will witness the fifth.

A wee nerve been hit here.

I could say the same to you about the "10 games".

So you are comparing Sneddon to Tam...... "did it with no cash".

Gone are the days when the lure of that big beatiful pitch attracts players. Players now are simply motivated by cash and Shotts simply don't have it.

You are full of the..... this is wrong...... that is wrong......... Whats your solution???????????........ End of day the buck lies with one of two...... committee or manager?????

Agree with a lot here Striker but dont think the boys at Gartcairn on anything like the money you are talking bar maybe McManus (who was rested) would say Shotts had a bigger budget or minimum the same as Gartcairn and as a team 2 leagues above (3 last year) really should be beating a newly formed team from the bottom league who left out 3/4 of best players very comfortabley. Which they should have if they took chances. Think that Shotts team on that performance and previous results so far will toil in the league they are now in imho.

Murphy, Pollock, McManus, Dolan all on super prem wages. These four players are the equivalent of 9-11 players for Shotts. I keep hearing about they are a new team..... Yes they are but if you look at alot of the teams ie. Shotts for instance..... I'd say they are a new team, maybe not a newly formed club. How many are playing that played last season with Shotts.

Shotts looked good in defence last night IMO.

No 6, & 8 were a bit bit sloppy 1st half but improved after the break.

Both Shotts wide men were outstanding for the entire game.

The Shotts fans are entitled to their opinions, but I think they are being a bit harsh on their team.

Gartcairn left a few lads out last night, I think they were a bit scared of Shotts & fancy their chances against Wishaw this coming Saturday to get into the last 8, where the will play Larkhall Thistle, I believe.

Oldest club in the junior game v the newest.

Will make for an interesting game.

Shotts looked good in defence last night IMO.

No 6, & 8 were a bit bit sloppy 1st half but improved after the break.

Both Shotts wide men were outstanding for the entire game.

The Shotts fans are entitled to their opinions, but I think they are being a bit harsh on their team.

Gartcairn left a few lads out last night, I think they were a bit scared of Shotts & fancy their chances against Wishaw this coming Saturday to get into the last 8, where the will play Larkhall Thistle, I believe.

Oldest club in the junior game v the newest.

Will make for an interesting game.

Don't think they were scared of a team bottom of the group who just lost 2-0 to a team they battered 6-1 on Sat to be honest.

Maybe they just had a look at other players/gave some younger guys a run-out was not a must win game but Sat would expect a different team a full strength Gartcairn to turn up as a point probably be enough to go through a win definately.

Murphy, Pollock, McManus, Dolan all on super prem wages. These four players are the equivalent of 9-11 players for Shotts. I keep hearing about they are a new team..... Yes they are but if you look at alot of the teams ie. Shotts for instance..... I'd say they are a new team, maybe not a newly formed club. How many are playing that played last season with Shotts.

I can assure you none of these players are on £100 per week

A wee nerve been hit here.

I could say the same to you about the "10 games".

So you are comparing Sneddon to Tam...... "did it with no cash".

Gone are the days when the lure of that big beatiful pitch attracts players. Players now are simply motivated by cash and Shotts simply don't have it.

You are full of the..... this is wrong...... that is wrong......... Whats your solution???????????........ End of day the buck lies with one of two...... committee or manager?????

Keeping Jordan White as a striker is not going to help any cause. How many goals in the premier? That's not ambition, it's football suicide.

But he has perfect attendance and keeps that jacket warm. Shotts have turned into McDonalds plaything and you're more than welcome to it.

Shotts have turned into McDonalds plaything and you're more than welcome to it.

Wishyman to say that about any manager is disrespectful, managers and coaches at this level give up most of there time to manage our clubs, and for most it will not be for any financial gain, in fact probably cost them, and i`m sure this applys to your own manager Tam McDonald, I`m quite sure if you ask there employers, other halves and familes do they spend too much time involving themselves with there football club, there answer would be Yes, I`m sure other managers who read this forum would agree with me, so instead of coming on and slagging these guys support your team and manager like we all have to do in hard times, as for budgets, well the higher the budget the better quality player you can attract, as most of us supporters know now players play for the money where we like it or not .Seen Shotts 3 times last year against Arthurlie and thought they were decent and to achieve 25 points in that league was very good going especially if there budget was no where near some of the other teams, as someone posted earlier probably lost most of your better players,so new team, new players, need time to gel, good luck.

Archived