Shotts v Gartcairn Juniors Wed 19th Aug (Cup Section)

BigBadBoaby

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a decent game. Shotts will be looking for a confidence booster after losing 2-0 at Newmains last Saturday.

Gartcairn 8 goals for, 2 against in their opening 2 games. They should be confident of getting at least a draw.

I fancy a 2-2 draw.

If Gartcairn win this do they win the section? How are Shotts looking any one seen them?

no if we win and so does newmains then we will need to at least draw with wishaw, otherwise newmains may win the group.

I'm just delighted to be playing against all these famous junior teams! Really looking forward to tonight's game and I'm hoping we can come away with a draw at least. shotts will be well fired up after Saturday's defeat so we are expecting our toughest game yet in Junior football.

Poor 1st half both teams looked a bit nervous,& the pitch was a bit slippy with the heavy rain.

Shotts flew out the traps in the 2nd half, earned a penalty. Gartcairn goalie H Meek

dived low to his right to keep out J Kane's effort from the spot.

Soon after that classiest player afield Shotts D McGinnes popped up at the far post

tap home the winning goal for his team.

Both teams put in tremendous effort & provided excellent entertainment in the 2nd half.

D McGinnes on the right & J Flood on the left were excellent for Shotts.

Good all round team effort, from Gartcairn.C Shields caught my eye.

Both sides were well behaved & made it an easy night for the officials.

Crowd of around 100 watched the game.

Poor 1st half both teams looked a bit nervous,& the pitch was a bit slippy with the heavy rain.

Shotts flew out the traps in the 2nd half, earned a penalty. Gartcairn goalie H Meek

dived low to his right to keep out J Kane's effort from the spot.

Soon after that classiest player afield Shotts D McGinnes popped up at the far post

tap home the winning goal for his team.

Both teams put in tremendous effort & provided excellent entertainment in the 2nd half.

D McGinnes on the right & J Flood on the left were excellent for Shotts.

Good all round team effort, from Gartcairn.C Shields caught my eye.

Both sides were well behaved & made it an easy night for the officials.

Crowd of around 100 watched the game.

Being a bit generous to Gartcairn who I thought were v poor on the night a shadow of the team who destroyed Newmains and Shotts who deserved to win by a couple more.

Incidentally did Gartcairn rest players for final game Sat or have a few injuries no Lindsay or Tam McManus two strikers or big centre back is it McFarland may have been a few more? who all played and scored v Newmains the last game? looked like had a VERY young team out on the park and on bench.

Good wee set up at Shotts all the best Larky55

Very poor from our boys tonight. we left a few out but for me the boys who came in didnt impress. I thought we were comfortable at the back other than the last 10 minutes when we threw 3 up front. Going forward very poor with our only recognised striker not recovering from a sickness bug and had to come off after 60 mins. We need to go and beat Wishaw to go through but if that was offered at the start of the group id have snapped your hand off.

Boys will be looking for a reaction on Saturday and will no doubt have a full team out

Very poor from our boys tonight. we left a few out but for me the boys who came in didnt impress. I thought we were comfortable at the back other than the last 10 minutes when we threw 3 up front. Going forward very poor with our only recognised striker not recovering from a sickness bug and had to come off after 60 mins. We need to go and beat Wishaw to go through but if that was offered at the start of the group id have snapped your hand off.

Boys will be looking for a reaction on Saturday and will no doubt have a full team out

Very honest I agree %100 shotts played well and could of got more .. Well done both teams good game to watch

Brash and Kane are fucking hopeless, Brash can't make a five yard pass to a team mate. Kane, well he thinks he's got all night to play a pass and lost the ball continuously.

They two will get slaughtered in the super first.

McGuiness is the only one who looks a decent player and put it lovely crosses all first half, some of the attempts by Shotts players to get to the ball were comical.

He'll soon get fed up playing well and getting nothing in return. Shame!

You're right man. We need to be at the level we will be playing in. You've probably played in the Super first so you should know what's required.

Like: Passing to a team mate, and today sometime.

Archived