Queen's Park v Dumbarton

Christ, that was the worst game of football I've ever watched. The goal summed it, linesman's flag up, then down again. Andy Graham trying to be Pirlo and losing the ball.

Brutal stuff.

Don't think anyone deserved pass marks, at least QOS went to extra time as well.

Nae excuses for being tired on Saturday, we barely put in any effort tonight!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expected a better showing from Dumbarton based on their start to the season. Thought Queens Park played the better football in the second half and deserved the win, no urgency from Dumbarton once they went behind in extra time. Numbers, 4, 7 and 14 all put in good shifts for QP.

Second win in a few days against massive Championship clubs. Absolutely superb from every one of our lads tonight. The work rate is absolutely second to none.

Feels a bit strange to be called a "massive club". What an honour #bigtime.

It was 100% a dig at Clyde. Dumbarton were unfortunate to get in the way of it.

:( You've beaten Scotland's premier part-time team, and Scotland's premier part time team's rejects in the space of 5 days. I thought we'd finally became a big team :(

I'm just delighted that only cost me 2 quid.

I was stuck infront of one of Andy Graham's bitter friends/relatives who absolutely hates oor Stevie. Just added to the shiteness of my evening.

Garry Fleming owes me half an hours sleep. I'm up early tomorrow and he's ballooning last minute penalties into row Z.

Thought the left back for Queens (lad with the bright green boots) was absolute stand out today. What is it with you guys and talented full backs! Andy Robertson, Paul McGinn, Daryll Meggat to name but a few off the top of my head.

All of a sudden I have a bad feeling about this, Jordo.

Clearly jinxed it.

That was dreadful. Poor all over the pitch. No tempo and no willingness from anyone to take a hold of the game. Poor in possession and sluggish off the ball. All neatly summed up by the penalty at the end. Maybe it was heavy legs from our efforts at the weekend but you could tell from 20 minutes in it was going to be a long evening.

Gibson changed the game when he came on and we finally had a bit of creativity but in truth we didn't deserve it.

It would have only got in the way of our title challenge anyway.

Queens Park were well organised defensively and hard working. Didn't create many clear cut chances but on the balance of play deserved to win the match. Good luck in the next round.

How is Waters for Dumbarton? He was in my year at school, never even realised it was him that'd started the past few cup games until tonight.

Was waiting on Dumbarton for £80. Thought I was in the money when they got the penalty :lol:.

11872799_1410467992310224_1297985744_n.j

Thought the left back for Queens (lad with the bright green boots) was absolute stand out today. What is it with you guys and talented full backs! Andy Robertson, Paul McGinn, Daryll Meggat to name but a few off the top of my head.

+ Barry Douglas?

I was stuck infront of one of Andy Graham's bitter friends/relatives who absolutely hates oor Stevie. Just added to the shiteness of my evening.

yes, you were very unlucky that it was a sell-out otherwise you could have found somewhere else to sit

Sincere congrats to Queens on a thoroughly-deserved victory - great performances all over the park from your guys.

The defeat for us is one thing, but the shortcomings of our squad players who started tonight was a real worry - the whole evening had Methil written all over it from 20 minutes in.

Anyway, one game per week for the foreseeable future; good thing too, as we seem to be like men with dog-shit on their shoe soles trying to deal with these cup ties.

Archived