Queen's Park v Dumbarton

Anyone know where the best place to park would be?

A few streets away from Hampden to avoid the packed match day crowds.

The last few times I've been at Queens games you can park in the main car park infront the main stand entrance. Assume it'll be the same for this.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'll probably see a change of keeper with Ewings starting, not uncommon in cup games, and I'd expect one or two changes elsewhere, possibly with Smith and Kirky starting. Other than that I'd be tempted to go with as strong a team as possible. Underestimating the Spiders would be a mistake so I'm sure Aitken will have the boys well prepared.

Any QP fans recommend the best boozer for a pre-match beer and food? Scotland games sees me at the Church on the Hill or snooker club on Cathcart Rd. the latter doesn't do food though and the former is too far to walk on lazy Tuesday's.

Momentum > Fringe players.

It's all well and good saying you want to keep momentum going but at what cost? Burning out our best players before a league game? As has been mentioned they have had a tough schedule so far against some good teams.

Then you have the situation where one of our regular starters gets injured and one of the fringe players has to come in. I'd rather they had some game time under their belts should they be required to slot in.

This seems like the perfect game to rest some of the first team and give some of the subs game time. These guys will be hungry to prove they are worthy of a start so it may not be a bad thing to let them show what they can do in a game where vital league points aren't at stake.

Really is a tough one for Stevie to decide. But for all that it's a hard decision to choose the starting 11, it is good that we have 4 or 5 who can come in without weakening the side much at all. I think we will stick with most of the 11 from the last couple of weeks. Waters is very likely to come in as is Kirky and/or Lindsay. With Sparky, Gall, Routledge or Fleming dropping out. Can't see many more changes though. Line up similar to that of the Morton and East Fife games with it likely we will play Stevie Craig up top on his own.

Hopefully we can get a result here.

Pack will indeed be shuffled for tonight's match. There's not much in it quality wise in the players that will be coming in and the ones left out. Not so much a B-team, more like an alternative selection. It's been a long, long time since we've had such depth in the squad. Looking forward to seeing how this lot perform.

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=2026

A few streets away from Hampden to avoid the packed match day crowds.

The last few times I've been at Queens games you can park in the main car park infront the main stand entrance. Assume it'll be the same for this.

Yip, although a better bet might be in from of our new pavilion at the Mount Florida end. You'll be able to scoot off quite sharp via Mount Florida or Aikenhead Road..

Prices are £12 adult and £2 Concession. Unless it's changed from our last visit it'll be just the one part of the South Stand that's open.

I hear our supporters bus is full, plenty others will make their own way - we could have a decent number through at this. Sadly, I won't be one of them.

Aye you're far away from the park but Id rather that than be stuck in the old stand at cowdenbeath.

Or with my legs into the aisle at Cappielow. I'm looking forward to it, not very often we get to see the team run out at Hampden any more!

Archived