Junior / Amateur / Senior Scottish Cup

pheasant plucker

Keith , cove , Albion rovers etc moving a tie to another senior ground if they're drawn against Celtic , Rangers Aberdeen etc isn't comparable nor relative in this debate for me as all these clubs have got the basic requirements to host scottish senior cup ties and deserve to be in the senior cup partly as their grounds merit it and it's not because they CANT host games.

I just think amateur teams now playing in the Scottish cup is a step too far and yes the lack of enclosed grounds is a big part for me , dont you think it would be more of a natural progression for the amateur Scottish cup winners to enter the Scottish junior cup rather than stepping up two levels and into the senior cup?

What's next the lady darling cup winners going into the senior Scottish cup? :huh:

Being pedantic, the Lady Darling Cup is a consolation cup for teams that get knocked out of the Scottish 21s Youth Cup. So if 21s were to be admitted, it'd be second in line! ;D

On topic, not got a problem with any of these sides entering, and if the SAFA is to enter a team, chances are the team entering won't have an enclosed ground or one that has a method of controlling entry.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where will this cuddly inclusiveness end? The Dog & Duck Sunday league cup winners - Auchenshoogle Ladies - Craiglang under 15's.

One of the points I was trying to make was the mess this can make of the league the team belongs to with fixture imbalances and the silliness of clubs playing in multiple Scottish Cup's at different levels. The Scottish structure is surely a million miles away from the English pyramid situ. As a I previously mentioned I find it a bit ridiculous that Junior clubs can buy their way into the top cup competition if they chose to do so without winning heehaw.

The english system would allow the Dog and Duck team to enter the qualifying stages of the FA cup with a ground the exact same as harestanes. They would then have to win qualifying rounds to make the first round proper. Much the same as the sfa saying that the winner of the amateur cup ( who will have succeeded through a number of rounds) can earn a place.

Suppose for some it's this transitional stage from the old qualifying cups to only fully licenced teams gaining entry that's caused confusion regarding teams 'earning' their right to be in it.

I've nothing against amateur teams getting in but surely there needs to be some sort of ground criteria that allows you to play the game at your own ground rather than switching to duncansfield?

Makes a bit of a mockery of it if you ask me.

Rrg is quite happy for any club to play any match at any ground apart from their own at the moment. That may change though when Rob Roy finally get a new ground :)

Rrg is quite happy for any club to play any match at any ground apart from their own at the moment. That may change though when Rob Roy finally get a new ground :)

Exactly and the resident pie and bovril mayor that's RRG seems to be caught up in it all as harestanes are his local amateur outfit.

Imagine it was the huge spending and very successful hurlford amateur team that was in the senior Scottish and playing girvan yesterday.

RRG would be reading the riot act on here in terms of the money they spend on glory etc :huh:;)

Of course it won't change. Rob Roy have nothing to do with this. Incidentally we don't play any match at any ground, we have a designated home ground where we play all our games.

I think there should be one Scottish cup for Scotland. Amateur teams junior teams and senior teams all in the one cup. Amateur teams first 3/4 rounds then introduce juniors for another 3/4 rounds then Sfl clubs then championship premiership about round 12.

Exactly and the resident pie and bovril mayor that's RRG seems to be caught up in it all as harestanes are his local amateur outfit.

Imagine it was the huge spending and very successful hurlford amateur team that was in the senior Scottish and playing girvan yesterday.

RRG would be reading the riot act on here in terms of the money they spend on glory etc :huh:;)

I would say good luck to them, they have spent a ton of cash for an amateur team but good luck to them in representing.

Harestanes are a team from the area i am from in kirky and i used to watched them when i was younger and used to have a kick about with a few of their players years ago, obviously i am going to have a big interest in them , speak up for them but that's got nothing to do with the principal that its a good idea the amateur grade have a team representing them no matter who it is.

Btw thought you said glensmad was the pie and bov mayor, can't have two of them for god sake.

I would say good luck to them, they have spent a ton of cash for an amateur team but good luck to them in representing.

Harestanes are a team from the area i am from in kirky and i used to watched them when i was younger and used to have a kick about with a few of their players years ago, obviously i am going to have a big interest in them , speak up for them but that's got nothing to do with the principal that its a good idea the amateur grade have a team representing them no matter who it is.

Btw thought you said glensmad was the pie and bov mayor, can't have two of them for god sake.

As far as I'm led to believe you weren't bothered about harestanes yesterday and all u could talk about was hthat you were gonny play Clydebank in the next round of the sectional league cup??? Is that correct ?

I think there should be one Scottish cup for Scotland. Amateur teams junior teams and senior teams all in the one cup. Amateur teams first 3/4 rounds then introduce juniors for another 3/4 rounds then Sfl clubs then championship premiership about round 12.

Mate that's way too sensible.

How dare you come on here with such a good idea.

Amateur clubs that play on open public parks is pushing it a wee bit, but all clubs with an enclosed ground that can control entry and regularly charge admission should definitely be in it. Too many of the diddy senior clubs with votes at SFA AGMs would lose out on their big paydays though so, just like having a proper pyramid league structure rather than the Lowland/Highland League club licensing farce, it's never going to happen.

Harestanes qualified on by winning cup that some 500-600 teams enter. For me if you win a cup with that many teams in it you have earned a crack at the senior cup. Weather or not you can play the game at your own ground is irrelevant.

As for a lot of other teams being given the chance to enter, that can only be a good thing, certainly can't do any harm to the game as a whole.

First time I have ever agreed with you RRG.

The team won one of the toughest cup competitions and deserve to have a crack at the "big one"

Hope you have sobered up from last night. Haha!

They have spent a ton of cash.

Isn't there something fundamentally wrong with that statement?

Isn't the definition of amateur you don't spend a ton of money?

Yeah but the reality can be different from that. Just like the odd junior team who pay near full time wages, giving other teams no chance in the juniors, it happens doesn't it.

Yeah but the reality can be different from that. Just like the odd junior team who pay near full time wages, giving other teams no chance in the juniors, it happens doesn't it.

It does yeah but the thing is Junior are semi pro and can pay whatever they want.

Amateurs are meant to be exactly that playing for the love of the game.

If found to be paying their players then surely they should be kicked out for illegal payments?

Archived