Unfair Advantage to Kelty ?

Dr V

Now I know the reason why Kelty are playing away games but towards the end of the season it will be a big advantage having more home games than away games.

Now given it was Kelty's choice to lay a new pitch surely the fairest option to every club would have been for Kelty to ground share with a local club and play their home games there until their park was playable. That would have meant that the league fixtures were fair to every team and also Kelty would have some income at the start of the season instead of every game being away from home and no income

Now I know the reason why Kelty are playing away games but towards the end of the season it will be a big advantage having more home games than away games.

Now given it was Kelty's choice to lay a new pitch surely the fairest option to every club would have been for Kelty to ground share with a local club and play their home games there until their park was playable. That would have meant that the league fixtures were fair to every team and also Kelty would have some income at the start of the season instead of every game being away from home and no income

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If only someone had already started a thread on this and where this very issue had already been discussed to death...........................

FFS Surely its a massive disadvantage to have your 1st 6 league games away from home, no ???????????

We have the toughest set of fixtures of anyone in the league for the 1st 6 games, its down to us to try our best and win them, it is only an advantage come the end of the season if we can get results from the 1st 6 games.

Financially its testing just now obviously having no income but hopefully we can recoup the money when we play our home games later in the season, thanks again to the East Region for their common sense and cooperation with us which i hope every club would get if they had once in a lifetime chance to improve their facilities.

Strange how all the moaning as regards to this issue has come from a minority at Linlithgow, man up and support your own club without the moaning about other teams.

No matter to lithgae Kelty pump yous every year

The point is it would be fair to everyone including Kelty if they had nominated a home ground. Then they would have had income and there would not be an imbalance to the fixtures. Fixtures are set up home and away for various reasons, finance and fairness being the main ones and why the East League allowed the fixture imbalance is a strange decision

As a fan from the West with no axe to grind either way I'd say what a load of bollox.

I can't see how it can be an advantage to play your first half dozen games or whatever away from home.

Making them play at another teams ground would be like punishing them for investing in their playing surface, which surely is to the benefit not only of Kelty but their future opponents,

Dr V, I presume u r a moderator? If so, poor, modifying my post!!!

Stevie, Dr V is not a moderator.

It is actually a system override by the site owner that amended your post. Historically someone used to refer to St Mirren as St Ming£ so the site owner used an override that automatically changes it to John McVeigh is a tit eveyrtime someone types that word. Google John McVeigh is a tit ........... and you will see the story.

'

Here are a couple of posts about it:

Does John McVeigh is a tit really get changed?!

Edit: Yes, it does. M I N G E.

As far as I'm aware, it was because of a poster (John McVeigh) who used to call St Mirren St Minge. It was Div stopping that basically.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

Incidentally the OP is talking mince. Irrespective of when and where the games are played the best team will be crowned champions at the end of the season.

Stevie, Dr V is not a moderator.

It is actually a system override by the site owner that amended your post. Historically someone used to refer to St Mirren as St Ming£ so the site owner used an override that automatically changes it to John McVeigh is a tit eveyrtime someone types that word. Google John McVeigh is a tit ........... and you will see the story.

'

Here are a couple of posts about it:

Does John McVeigh is a tit really get changed?!

Edit: Yes, it does. M I N G E.

As far as I'm aware, it was because of a poster (John McVeigh) who used to call St Mirren St Minge. It was Div stopping that basically.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

Incidentally the OP is talking mince. Irrespective of when and where the games are played the best team will be crowned champions at the end of the season.

Cheers for the explanation. Can't get my head round this. We at Kelty would clearly rather hav home and away ties as normal and gain revenue from the home ties

Advantages? Not!!!!

1. We down 3 points compared to last season. May or not b a factor

2. Playing all our home games in a row? Will go into midweek, dropped attendances and potential meaningless games. Dropped revenue

3. We hav s few travelling players who will face issues trying to make it to Fife every week as in week in week out etc

4. No revenue from home games, but potential buses on every week at the start of the season

5. Tense games on a sat v lithgie and Bo'ness - 600 in attendance. Midweek after 6 home in a row with nothing to play for -150, God were in such an advantageous lofty position ????????????

Archived