What team do your players support?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen it claimed on here that he's a Rangers fan and I've also seen it claimed that he's a Celtic one.After that Ramsden's final in which he scored a dramatic late winner against Rangers, he gave some daft 'heat of the moment' interview to BBC Alba in which he said that the next best thing to playing for the OF if you weren't lucky enough to do so, was scoring against them.I don't think he meant it to come across quite as it did.

Aye this. I was sure he said Rangers specifically though and not the OF in general.

Iain Davidson is a mad Celtic fan to the point where I was put off him as it verged on being a little unprofessional with his comments on Twitter in my opinion.

Baird certainly isn't. Still can't get over what he said after the Challenge Cup Final, utter numpty.

No idea about our team tbh and couldn't really care. 20 minutes left of my shift and nothing to do so I'll make predictions :ph34r:

Atkinson: Would actually be surprised if he supported a Scottish team

Kidd: Shocked if it wasn't Sellick

Dowie: The Rangers

Higgins: Sellick

Brownlie: Sellick

Millar: Sellick

Lyle: The Rangers

Conroy: Sellick

Russell: The Rangers

Jacobs: Avendale Athletico

Hilson: Sellick

Marshall: The Rangers

Higgins: Sellick

Heffernan: Shamrock Rovers :ph34r:

Hutton: Surely The Rangers

Smith: Pretty sure he used to run around my street in a Rangers jersey, so imagine he may well have decided to follow The Rangers when they formed.

Canna be arsed guessing any more :lol:

I am 99% certain Iain Russell is actually an Airdrie fan due to his Grandad playing for them, could be wrong however.

The whole Allan saga got me thinking that it might be fun to discuss which teams are supported by the players on your team (if there is anything more exciting to do on a Friday night then it's certainly something that's passed me by.)

Used to be the case a few years ago that Hibs had a good number of Hibs supporters. Now the only ones I am aware of are:

Scott Allan - Sevco

Lewis Stevenson - Raith (I think...)

Jason Cummings - Hearts (At least, he used to support them.)

Callum Booth - Thistle 8)

Stevie Lawless is a wee *** :(

Yes, that might have been it. I'd actually thought Tosh was meant to be a Raith Rovers fan, but I don't know.To be honest, I've obviously got no problem with our players supporting whoever. Evidently enough, they're bound to support the teams they grew up following. Dobbie for instance, my favourite all-time player, was a Rangers fan too.It would therefore make perfect sense for people like Harris to want to go to the biggest Rangers game for generations when it came along, if they were able to.What annoyed me more was that in building up to the biggest game in our entire history, that was the angle taken in an article supposedly about Queens.

Tosh does go to the Rovers occasionally, but he was a Rangers fan back in the '90s. So maybe Rangers and Raith. Didn't he have a wee meltdown at the Rovers a couple of seasons back because someone had a pop at him?

I don't read a paper anymore but The Sun used to do a weekly interview with a player. One of the stock questions was: Which team do you support? Rangers and Celtic were fairly common answers.

I assumed it was to do with them growing up playing football most Saturdays. This would make it difficult to get to games, so it was probably much more convenient to support a team that was on the telly a lot.

That's possibly the case with players like Bob Malcolm FTP. Or maybe not.

Not sure of the Morton players - anyone here from last season may well mention it in the programmes.

Peter MacDonald is a Rangers fan.

Was it not him a few seasons ago, who in one of these daft features was asked to pick out the highlight of his season?

Rather than choose a game that he and his club played in, he picked a decisive missed Celtic penalty at Ibrox.

• 2 weeks later...

Baird certainly isn't. Still can't get over what he said after the Challenge Cup Final, utter numpty.

No idea about our team tbh and couldn't really care. 20 minutes left of my shift and nothing to do so I'll make predictions :ph34r:

Kidd: Shocked if it wasn't Sellick

It would appear you were 100% wrong on that one. Big feature in the Sun today, double page interview with Lewis Kidd. He was raised a Rangers fan, his whole family are Rangers fans and when he was 4 years old he was a mascot at Ibrox and went out holding Lorenzo Amoruso's hand for a game against Aberdeen. They'll all be supporting Queens this weekend though!

It would appear you were 100% wrong on that one. Big feature in the Sun today, double page interview with Lewis Kidd. He was raised a Rangers fan, his whole family are Rangers fans and when he was 4 years old he was a mascot at Ibrox and went out holding Lorenzo Amoruso's hand for a game against Aberdeen. They'll all be supporting Queens this weekend though!

:lol:

Genuinely shocked with that! I based my assumption he came from Sellick and his performances against The Rangers have been excellent, as if he wanted the win that wee bit more! Oh well.

Archived