Whitehill v BSC

Patches O'Houlihan

Good second half comeback by BSC after a slightly lacklustre first half performance.

There wasn't too much in the first half to shout about apart from a good headed finish by Whitehill, and a miss by BSC from 4 yards out.

I thought BSC really upped their game in the second half and deserved their two goals, both from superb deliveries from Ross McKinnon, and both scored by Ciaran Johnston.

Overall it was a good 3 points for BSC. Whitehill are still putting a team together, and I think that will take time. Although they have a massive squad to choose from if the pre match warm up is anything to go by!

Overall it was a good 3 points for BSC. Whitehill are still putting a team together, and I think that will take time. Although they have a massive squad to choose from if the pre match warm up is anything to go by!

Quantity does not mean quality !

Good second half comeback by BSC after a slightly lacklustre first half performance.

There wasn't too much in the first half to shout about apart from a good headed finish by Whitehill, and a miss by BSC from 4 yards out.

I thought BSC really upped their game in the second half and deserved their two goals, both from superb deliveries from Ross McKinnon, and both scored by Ciaran Johnston.

Cheers for starting thread Patches.

Ye forgot to mention yer centre forward blatant attempt at penalty in 1st half.

Cheating is a 3 game ban in England now and well done the ref for spotting it :D

BSC certainly deservedly upped there game 2nd half though ww defending needs looked at. Yous done right thing and cleared yer lines on any ww attack whereas we were very suspect at setpieces.

2 home games 2 defeats maybes tells it's own story maybe tight park does nae suit us yet I've been saying we been crying oot for width for weeks now.

Biggest obstacle tonight was flaming midges too busy fighting them to observe what was no bad game played like cup tie :D

4 games in 3 teams up front 2 very familiar I'm a wee bit worried EK and City be runaway by Xmas but suppose still very early days :o

Nearly as bad as the blatant elbow to the face from the ww player to bsc centre half it was a shocking challenge and a straight red if ever there was one and it went totally unpunished but apart from that it was a well deserved win for bsc

From what i was informed

Certainly a game of 2 halves i will post more tomorrow but the Quick update i received was a very positive start by WW and should have extended their lead 2nd half BSC came back and did finish

Seems WW played with no width or wingers again but no more info just now

Cheers for starting thread Patches. Ye forgot to mention yer centre forward blatant attempt at penalty in 1st half.Cheating is a 3 game ban in England now and well done the ref for spotting it :D BSC certainly deservedly upped there game 2nd half though ww defending needs looked at. Yous done right thing and cleared yer lines on any ww attack whereas we were very suspect at setpieces. 2 home games 2 defeats maybes tells it's own story maybe tight park does nae suit us yet I've been saying we been crying oot for width for weeks now.Biggest obstacle tonight was flaming midges too busy fighting them to observe what was no bad game played like cup tie :D 4 games in 3 teams up front 2 very familiar I'm a wee bit worried EK and City be runaway by Xmas but suppose still very early days :o

Have to agree with you on the dive. A tad blatant????☺️

The biggest winners tonight were the bloody midges, who dined out on anyone and everyone ????

Pretty fair assessment Patches. It was a strong second half performance from BSC.

Other than Darren McGlashan the 10 other WW starters tonight had played a total of 23 games for the club between them.

I thought for spells in the first half it was the best we've been all season so hopefully some positive signs for the coming months. Patience needed.

surely not!, on 11 Aug 2015 - 12:52, said:snapback.png

You looking to step up?

newcastle broon
I see no answer but if in dug oot tonight must be a sure fire contender SN.
You would've thought it a world cup final wi their passion.

Impressed wi ginger lad up front,thought ww edged 1st half but 2nd half BSC deserved winners

The Bsc set pieces were far more dangerous than ours,we lost silly goal from setpieces,surely a weakness we got to work on.

Keane for ww yet again our mom though Devlin could've been contender. Easy when ye start to ken who's who :D

Howay lads gimme someone else to pick oot on a matchday???

Newcy is Keane a full back or winger ?

Have to agree with you on the dive. A tad blatant????☺️

The biggest winners tonight were the bloody midges, who dined out on anyone and everyone ????

We ordered them in especially but it didn't blooming work :lol:

Pretty fair assessment Patches. It was a strong second half performance from BSC.

Other than Darren McGlashan the 10 other WW starters tonight had played a total of 23 games for the club between them.

I thought for spells in the first half it was the best we've been all season so hopefully some positive signs for the coming months. Patience needed.

Patience indeed Rab,interesting stat which may therefore ask the question why wee Manson was nae on park sooner, the wee man had nae impact time ??

Sorry not to give more info but I’m not one to put too much down 3rd hand but I can confirm after an interesting lunch with a happy BSC father that they were delighted with the 3 points and the 2nd half display especially.

1st half was an impressive display from WW and on another day could have added more to their tally (albeit BSC missing a sitter).

2nd half with their dominant centre halves and midfielders struggling to cope with the increased tempo from BSC the longer the game progressed (not sure if BSC upped their work rate or if WW fell off the pace) BSC controlled the match and should have scored more.

Pitch was magnificent, Midges horrific, Referee inconsistent

In his words he would take the 4 – Murray (first half the big lad won every challenge) WW – Devlin very lively all match and unfortunate not to score 3 – Keane never stopped and looked a player – seemingly he is a full time student at Stirling so may not be at WW too long – he joked its closer to Glasgow than WW from Stirling

Time to pack for my Holiday now and I hope to catch more games at Cumbernauld on my return

( ps no midges at Cumbernauld thankfully )

Sorry not to give more info but I’m not one to put too much down 3rd hand but I can confirm after an interesting lunch with a happy BSC father that they were delighted with the 3 points and the 2nd half display especially.1st half was an impressive display from WW and on another day could have added more to their tally (albeit BSC missing a sitter).2nd half with their dominant centre halves and midfielders struggling to cope with the increased tempo from BSC the longer the game progressed (not sure if BSC upped their work rate or if WW fell off the pace) BSC controlled the match and should have scored more.

Pitch was magnificent, Midges horrific, Referee inconsistent In his words he would take the 4 – Murray (first half the big lad won every challenge) WW – Devlin very lively all match and unfortunate not to score 3 – Keane never stopped and looked a player – seemingly he is a full time student at Stirling so may not be at WW too long – he joked its closer to Glasgow than WW from Stirling

Time to pack for my Holiday now and I hope to catch more games at Cumbernauld on my return

A bit cheeky, no?

WW have never been whiter than white when it comes to tapping players but this surely takes it to a new level with the season only 2 weeks in.....

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry not to give more info but I’m not one to put too much down 3rd hand but I can confirm after an interesting lunch with a happy BSC father that they were delighted with the 3 points and the 2nd half display especially.

1st half was an impressive display from WW and on another day could have added more to their tally (albeit BSC missing a sitter).

2nd half with their dominant centre halves and midfielders struggling to cope with the increased tempo from BSC the longer the game progressed (not sure if BSC upped their work rate or if WW fell off the pace) BSC controlled the match and should have scored more.

Pitch was magnificent, Midges horrific, Referee inconsistent

In his words he would take the 4 – Murray (first half the big lad won every challenge) WW – Devlin very lively all match and unfortunate not to score 3 – Keane never stopped and looked a player – seemingly he is a full time student at Stirling so may not be at WW too long – he joked its closer to Glasgow than WW from Stirling

( ps no midges at Cumbernauld thankfully )

I wonder if this is true does that mean the lad keane will not be playing for WW and play for Stirling when they go back then ?

Archived