Squad name face Georgia & Germany (September)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His form for his club, maybe? Shocking thought I know but heh, you never know.

He's been Bournemouth's best player, it's fair to say. And Strachan clearly really likes him, rightly or wrongly. I'd be quite surprised if he doesn't start against either Germany or Poland, and I'd be flat out amazed if he doesn't start against Gibraltar.

I am willing to bet a lot of money we will finish as the unlucky 3rd place team when you see squad selections like that.

Are Derby paying the SFA to call up their players as that must be the only reason?

So who should we call up who would improve our fortunes so much?

I am willing to bet a lot of money we will finish as the unlucky 3rd place team when you see squad selections like that.

Are Derby paying the SFA to call up their players as that must be the only reason?

There will be no unlucky 3rd place team, best 3rd placed team gets through automatically and the other 8 will be in playoffs.

Absolutely dreadful.

Edit: I'd have Armstrong in there too, but I wouldn't have Rhodes or McCormack within 100 miles of the squad.

And to echo the point being made above, Matty Phillips has been outstanding too, but he's going to get overlooked for the incompetent James Forrest yet again.

Strachan's done a great job, but he has his favourites. And he doesn't always call up the best available players because of it. Which is his prerogative, I suppose, but it's a case of ego ahead of what's best for the team.

I thought it was fairly obvious it was a piss take.

I knew Armstrong would be called up though. Quality player.

If Martin played for Aberdeen or Hearts he'd be getting 25/30 goals a season and folk would be screaming for him to be in the squad.

Exactly.

Nothing like a Scotland squad announcement to bring out the morons

God, you beat me too it. Some amount of ridiculous comments in this thread already. I really fail to see which Scottish strikers people would be selecting ahead of Griffiths and Fletcher?

Pretty happy with that squad, nobody really crying out as an obvious exclusion.

Gordon

Whittaker Martin Hanley Robertson

Brown Fletcher

Maloney Naismith Morrison

Fletcher

Exactly.

God, you beat me too it. Some amount of ridiculous comments in this thread already. I really fail to see which Scottish strikers people would be selecting ahead of Griffiths and Fletcher?

Pretty happy with that squad, nobody really crying out as an obvious exclusion.

Gordon

Whittaker Martin Hanley Robertson

Brown Morrison

Maloney Naismith Anya

Fletcher

That but with Anya, we 100 percent cannot leave Anya out, especially away.

Yeah, could justify Martin last season when he was banging them in but now, on poor form and having had an utter nightmare whenever given a chance in a Scotland jersey, I cannot understand why he is there. He won't play anyway so not worth getting too worked up over but odd nonetheless

Archived