Squad name face Georgia & Germany (September)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dorrans started for Norwich on Saturday. However, his career has been very patchy and he's been around the edges of the squad for 6 years without doing anything or forcing his way in.

Ritchie is a good player, I just think he might be in a round peg/square hole situation with our team.

Interesting to see who if any of: GMS, Armstrong, McLean, Jack might make it in this time round.

When's the squad named? I'll predict Strachan will go for the following, which I think would be 3 changes (Bain for Samson, Hanley for Reynolds, Mackay-Steven for Adam).

Bain

Gordon

Marshall

Berra

Forsyth

Greer

Hanley

Hutton

Martin

Mulgrew

Robertson

Whittaker

Anya

Bannan

Brown

Fletcher

Forrest

Mackay-Steven

Maloney

Morrison

McArthur

Ritchie

Fletcher

Griffiths

Naismith

Russell

Bain was in the last squad ahead of Samson but had to pull out through injury. I think it's a given that he's ahead of him in the pecking order. It depends what McGregor's situation is though.

Outside of that, we're hardly going to make wholesale changes to a squad which has been doing well. There might be one or two changes here and there but nothing major.

anyone who thinks that there will be any surprise inclusions or any many changes is living on a different planet.

I think someone said it already, for some strange reason Strachan seems to be falling into that old familiar Scotland manager trap of picking the same players regardless, give or take the odd shock now and again as token gesture.

I am so passionate about our country but I am past caring now when the squads get named because we will never see what we want to see.

We are far too predictable and have no plan b which is why we will finish 3rd, I know I am being negative but lets be honest here, I think we could all get at least 10 of the starting 11 for the Goergia game right already.

Hutton will start regardless of playing for Villa or not, we will play a Right Back at Left Back, James Morrison will start even though Darren Fletcher keeps him out the West Brom side, Naismith the ghost will start even though he doesn't start at all for Everton and the worst of all, the non goalscoring striker that is Steven Fletcher will start both games even though he doesn't play for Sunderland yet Rhodes, Griffiths are banging them in for their clubs........

Its time we started picking players in form and not old favorites.

Dorrans started for Norwich on Saturday. However, his career has been very patchy and he's been around the edges of the squad for 6 years without doing anything or forcing his way in.

Ritchie is a good player, I just think he might be in a round peg/square hole situation with our team.

Interesting to see who if any of: GMS, Armstrong, McLean, Jack might make it in this time round.

Ryan Jack? Give me strength. Even GMS, McLean and Armstrong have done nothing to force their way into a squad that has been doing so well.

Expect the squad to be as similar as possible to the last one, with only injuries accounting for any change. There hasn't been enough games since the Ireland game for players to actually show any good or bad form.

anyone who thinks that there will be any surprise inclusions or any many changes is living on a different planet.

I think someone said it already, for some strange reason Strachan seems to be falling into that old familiar Scotland manager trap of picking the same players regardless, give or take the odd shock now and again as token gesture.

I am so passionate about our country but I am past caring now when the squads get named because we will never see what we want to see.

We are far too predictable and have no plan b which is why we will finish 3rd, I know I am being negative but lets be honest here, I think we could all get at least 10 of the starting 11 for the Goergia game right already.

Hutton will start regardless of playing for Villa or not, we will play a Right Back at Left Back, James Morrison will start even though Darren Fletcher keeps him out the West Brom side, Naismith the ghost will start even though he doesn't start at all for Everton and the worst of all, the non goalscoring striker that is Steven Fletcher will start both games even though he doesn't play for Sunderland yet Rhodes, Griffiths are banging them in for their clubs........

Its time we started picking players in form and not old favorites.

Does it not occur to you that managers pick the same team because they are the best players? The managers who stuck to the same team - as near as possible - like Smith, McLeish and Strachan got the best results. Managers who gave any old diddy a game and regularly changed the line-up like Vogts, Burley and Levein did not.

How about you give us all a laugh and tell us what your starting line-up will be then?

Does it not occur to you that managers pick the same team because they are the best players? The managers who stuck to the same team - as near as possible - like Smith, McLeish and Strachan got the best results. Managers who gave any old diddy a game and regularly changed the line-up like Vogts, Burley and Levein did not.

How about you give us all a laugh and tell us what your starting line-up will be then?

Aberdeen Fan - guarantee it contains Jack and Goodwullie.

Archived