Scottish Lowland Football League

BSC Glasgow v Selkirk

Cumbernauld Colts v Edinburgh City

Gala Fairydean Rovers v East Kilbride

Gretna 2008 v University of Stirling

Spartans v Dalbeattie Star

Threave Rovers v Preston Athletic

Vale of Leithen v Whitehill Welfare

Looking forward to a trip to the Vale ... any one know this new manager down there!? :lol:

Scottish Lowland Football League

BSC Glasgow v Selkirk

Cumbernauld Colts v Edinburgh City

Gala Fairydean Rovers v East Kilbride

Gretna 2008 v University of Stirling

Spartans v Dalbeattie Star

Threave Rovers v Preston Athletic

Vale of Leithen v Whitehill Welfare

Looking forward to a trip to the Vale ... any one know this new manager down there!? :lol:

I know I had to leave early Rab and the game at 0-0 into 80 odd mins but NO WAY did ww score 5 as wi LL website and non league matters.

Where did they get the 5-0 from :o

I know I had to leave early Rab and the game at 0-0 into 80 odd mins but NO WAY did ww score 5 as wi LL website and non league matters. Where did they get the 5-0 from :o

:lol: ... its come from the LL app (as the away side we take none of the blame although I'm no saying we'd have done any better :P) ... it's sent in 3 Wringe goals all at 79:40 and then 2 for Connolly on 91 odd.

I think that Gretna got their first league victory over Stirling Uni today. I definitely know that this is the first in the Lowland League and I cannot think of one in the East of Scotland league. We have won cup ties but I am sure this is the first league win.

Perhaps HJ can confirm.

You beat them in the EOS Qualifying League 2011-12 but to all intents and purposes that's a league cup section.

In the EOS and Lowland leagues you suffered 5 draws and 7 defeats until yesterday - which I'd never have expected given you joined the league at the same time and have followed similar trajectories since.

To wrap up stats: in knockout cups you have 3 wins (all in the EOS Qualifying Cup including a final) and 2 defeats (both in the Alex Jack Cup including a final). You drew with them and won on penalties in a first attempt at one of those Alex Jack ties, but it was ordered to be replayed as the referee took it straight to penalties. Hilariously.

If I can figure-out how to wrangle the data easily it would be interesting to see the last time each club beat all the rest in league games.

You beat them in the EOS Qualifying League 2011-12 but to all intents and purposes that's a league cup section.

In the EOS and Lowland leagues you suffered 5 draws and 7 defeats until yesterday - which I'd never have expected given you joined the league at the same time and have followed similar trajectories since.

To wrap up stats: in knockout cups you have 3 wins (all in the EOS Qualifying Cup including a final) and 2 defeats (both in the Alex Jack Cup including a final). You drew with them and won on penalties in a first attempt at one of those Alex Jack ties, but it was ordered to be replayed as the referee took it straight to penalties. Hilariously.

If I can figure-out how to wrangle the data easily it would be interesting to see the last time each club beat all the rest in league games.

Would be interesting HJ- think the punters would appreciate that type of info ;-)

Think the city one would be fairly easy- as would the Cumbernauld one ( so far- results been encouraging considering two late defeats to two of the usually top sides)

Sadly another heartbreak for the Colts from what I heard deserved more but to lose in the last minute is a blow for any team

My friend took in the Vale V WW match to view some of the players I was impressed with v the Colts , his review was short and sweet dreadful game , Vale were on top but WW scored 2 superb goals late on to secure victory with the WW 10 looking good and the WW 3 not even selected CHEERS !

He has more knowledge than myself on this but predicts both teams to be in the bottom 4

My friend took in the Vale V WW match to view some of the players I was impressed with v the Colts , his review was short and sweet dreadful game , Vale were on top but WW scored 2 superb goals late on to secure victory with the WW 10 looking good and the WW 3 not even selected CHEERS !

He has more knowledge than myself on this but predicts both teams to be in the bottom 4

Tell yer mate, Goals win games bud does nae matter who's on top whether it possession or chances missed ;)

Disappointed myself not to see the young lad Keane start on Saturday but he's only a young lad,anyway did yer mate forget to mention ww scored 2 goals after a couple of subs (including his no.3) came on the park.ww had strength in depth to win the game, that's what was difference between the 2 sides ;)

As for bottom 4 finish for ww tell him to stay of the drink :D

I will indeed pass on your observations , his nephew plays for WW opponents on Wednesday so I am sure he will be there and hopefully pays more attention this time

The no.10 yer on aboot was Sean Martin, signed from Preston Athletic, came of bench on Wed night to set up ww winning goal against yer Colts ;)

Edit to add.

The park was in poor condition (again) on Saturday, not sure why but Vale always seem to play wi longer grass than other LL grounds,maybe that's why it wasn't best of games for the neutral ;)

Anyways very best of luck to the Vale in the Scottish this Saturday

The no.10 yer on aboot was Sean Martin, signed from Preston Athletic, came of bench on Wed night to set up ww winning goal against yer Colts ;)

Edit to add.

The park was in poor condition (again) on Saturday, not sure why but Vale always seem to play wi longer grass than other LL grounds,maybe that's why it wasn't best of games for the neutral ;)

Don't think vale have many staff left? They seem to be toiling behind the scenes and it may just boil down to not having enough people to do all the jobs. Shame really but if I was some of the teams ( strollers for one) that haven't been admitted to the LL then I'd be a wee but disgruntled just now.

post-12982-0-77021500-1439223090.jpg

another 3 points in the bag... :rolleyes:

A bit of a slow start again for City on Saturday and we again went 1-0 down. Fortunately we grabbed an equaliser, Gordon Donaldson hit the post, Colts passed up a few chances and it looked like there would be a share of the points (fair enough) until a slip by a Colts defender let Allum run in on goal and fire under the keeper. Some might say that it shouldn't have been just McFarland in the City team that was wearing a mask on Saturday but 20 years of seeing City getting done by late goals to Whitehill and Spartans have inured me to any feelings of embarassment.

Cumbernauld looked a tidy outfit though and I don't think they'll lose many games at Broadwood (so that's them jinxed :P ).

Don't think vale have many staff left? They seem to be toiling behind the scenes and it may just boil down to not having enough people to do all the jobs. Shame really but if I was some of the teams ( strollers for one) that haven't been admitted to the LL then I'd be a wee but disgruntled just now.

Was by no means critical of their committee just every time I've been at their park (not just Saturday) the grass seems awfy long.

Was by no means critical of their committee just every time I've been at their park (not just Saturday) the grass seems awfy long.

Didn't think you were newky. Was merely trying to give a wee reason why- not many vale posters ( are there any?) on here so we won't get anything from them as to why.

Edit to add.

I have to agree I have been there 3 times and the pitch is always in a poor state , although you are spoiled as WW pitch is very good

Keane and Martin are decent full backs their replacements appear way off the pace and no other forwards so a cant agree with your comment ww had strength in depth to win the game, that's what was difference between the 2 sides ;)

but 3 points is 3 points

I have to agree I have been there 3 times and the pitch is always in a poor state , although you are spoiled as WW pitch is very good

Keane and Martin are decent full backs their replacements appear way off the pace and no other forwards so a cant agree with your comment ww had strength in depth to win the game, that's what was difference between the 2 sides ;)

but 3 points is 3 points

We had 7 subs though think vale only had 3 to choose from :P

We had 7 subs though think vale only had 3 to choose from :P

You're getting confused between depth and strength in depth newky. A full bench without good quality (I don't know who the bench were though) isn't as good as having a strong three ( vale didn't though).

burglar.jpg

another 3 points in the bag... :rolleyes:

A bit of a slow start again for City on Saturday and we again went 1-0 down. Fortunately we grabbed an equaliser, Gordon Donaldson hit the post, Colts passed up a few chances and it looked like there would be a share of the points (fair enough) until a slip by a Colts defender let Allum run in on goal and fire under the keeper. Some might say that it shouldn't have been just McFarland in the City team that was wearing a mask on Saturday but 20 years of seeing City getting done by late goals to Whitehill and Spartans have inured me to any feelings of embarassment.

Cumbernauld looked a tidy outfit though and I don't think they'll lose many games at Broadwood (so that's them jinxed :P ).

Tam no shit house thread this year?

From what I've read of your match reports maybe you should start the Edinburgh City Scousers thread? Yes a right bunch of thieving b*****ds

How many times have you come from behind, if it's not too personal of a question?

Also what have you done to the Spartan LL winning legend aka the Moose?

Grimbo

Archived