Airdrieonians v Them

jester

Just seen the goals facebook, most of then well worked or well struck shots, never stood a chance tonight but also glad to see Rangers not being to arrogant and fielding reserve players

Attendance of 7,000 Is also welcome and should hopefully make more funds available to the manager

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Rangers, good performance and best of luck for the rest of the competition.

Two things: Firstly, while it wasn't a good performance let's be realistic. A team with an average home gate 63 times the size of ours, a team training 5 days a week, full time, paying players £15,000 a week when we will hardly be paying ours £150. Where we are is where we are and we can't expect our team to go out and take that on with a positive outcome.

Secondly, I was astounded to hear a wee woman saying "when the first goal went in I had to stop myself jumping up, I would've got battered". I urge all Diamonds to name and shame anyone who bought Rangers fans tickets.

This. Very much. The club should also do a lot more to prevent away fans from buying tickets for the home end. Glad that some were suitably dealt with though.

The way we defended in that first 20 minutes we'd have lost goals to anyone. To accept it just because it was against Rangers is just wrong. We were shambolic. Teams from our own division would have had a field day too.

I'm not sure Bollan actually has a plan - we now just seem to be signing players for the sake of it. Still no left back though. And Chris O'Neil was brutal tonight.

Chris O'Neil is probably our best player.

Fair play to Rangers. Outclassed us all over the field. Oduwa and the other loan player were particularly impressive. Really thought we were going to get a proper pumping after the first 15 minutes but thankfully we improved slightly in the 2nd half (and Rangers also eased off).

We were always going to lose but I thought we didn't press them nearly enough. We gave them too much respect and too much time on the ball. We should have tried to turn the game into a dogfight though that would have been difficult with no McBride and Gilfillan. Are they both injured? Was surprised Scott Stewart appeared in the 2nd half. Boy got destroyed all night.

Oh well, on to more important matters on Saturday.

Why? if the "wee woman" sat on her hands and never rubbed anyone's noses in it then what harm was she doing? she stuck half the ticket price in our coffers while she was at it.

Seriously?

Airdrie end for Airdrie fans, Rangers end for Rangers fans. Simples.

This. Very much. The club should also do a lot more to prevent away fans from buying tickets for the home end. Glad that some were suitably dealt with though.

Chris O'Neil is probably our best player.

Fair play to Rangers. Outclassed us all over the field. Oduwa and the other loan player were particularly impressive. Really thought we were going to get a proper pumping after the first 15 minutes but thankfully we improved slightly in the 2nd half (and Rangers also eased off).

We were always going to lose but I thought we didn't press them nearly enough. We gave them too much respect and too much time on the ball. We should have tried to turn the game into a dogfight though that would have been difficult with no McBride and Gilfillan. Are they both injured? Was surprised Scott Stewart appeared in the 2nd half. Boy got destroyed all night.

Oh well, on to more important matters on Saturday.

I think Chris O'Neill is a good player. He didn't play well tonight though (he clearly wasn't the only one). We got ripped apart down that side and time and time again we gave their players acres of space.

Gilfillan is away to Annan apparently - which if true, I'm amazed at. McBride is injured I think.

I think Chris O'Neill is a good player. He didn't play well tonight though (he clearly wasn't the only one). We got ripped apart down that side and time and time again we gave their players acres of space.

Gilfillan is away to Annan apparently - which if true, I'm amazed at. McBride is injured I think.

Don't disagree with that.

Madness if it's true about Gilfillan.

What you going to do if folk "name and shame" them anyway? give them disapproving glances at the next game? tut loudly and shake your head? or hope someone does the dirty work that you've not got the bottle to do yourself?

Why would I do anything to them? The club should prevent them from buying tickets in the future for games like this. Simples.

Just back from this. Few things to say:

- Very enjoyable trip. Parking & leaving the area was easy. Good seat in the ground too (decent wee ground btw!)

- Tavernier. What a player. Same goes for Waghorn.

- New lad absolutely strolled it tonight and looks a class act. Really looking forward to seeing him in action when he finally finds his groove.

Roll on QOTS. Dundee Utd at home in the next round would be grand!

Why would I do anything to them? The club should prevent them from buying tickets in the future for games like this. Simples.

Why? I don't get why people are getting angry at this at all (providing they aren't provoking anyone). They aren't causing any hassle and are giving the club much needed money. We are hardly in a position to down money for, well, no apparent reason.

We set the tone for the match in the first minute when we refused to press or put a tackle in and just retreated further and further back. They were far too good regardless, nothing to be learned in a match like that when there's such a gap between the teams. Take the money and move on.

Although we do need a natural left back. Nothing against Chris O'Neil, he's a good young right back and it's 50/50 whether him or Bain should start on the right, but you can't go a whole season with a right back playing on the left. He's clearly not as comfortable there and upsets the balance of the team. How you can put together a squad with 3 right backs and no left backs is beyond me.

Totally outclassed from start to finish but that's to be expected. The only real disappointments from this is the amount of people from airdrie that would rather go to ibrox than watch their local team... It's always easier to watch a winning team.

Why? I don't get why people are getting angry at this at all (providing they aren't provoking anyone). They aren't causing any hassle and are giving the club much needed money. We are hardly in a position to down money for, well, no apparent reason.

We set the tone for the match in the first minute when we refused to press or put a tackle in and just retreated further and further back. They were far too good regardless, nothing to be learned in a match like that when there's such a gap between the teams. Take the money and move on.

Exactly this. Airdrie fans are so precious about life. Lets be honest. We were never going to get close to rangers. Might as well enjoy the experience and milk it for what it is worth

Exactly this. Airdrie fans are so precious about life. Lets be honest. We were never going to get close to rangers. Might as well enjoy the experience and milk it for what it is worth

Oh yeah, let's all enjoy a 5-0 battering. Some experience!

Scott Stewart attracting negative comments yet again, kid is only 19 and plays his heart out when clearly out of position and overmatched. He'll become a good box-box centre mid but he gets pissed about no end by our horrible manager. New kid from Utd was totally exposed last night which didn't help either.

Lithgow is an absolute disaster area of a player. He's so bad, clueless and slow I really don't know where to start. We need rid of him asap. I don't see the point in Sumsky at all, he is a complete waste of space too. Brown looked decent when he came on. Our best and only goal threat came from Crighton again. On the positive side I thought Cox played well and i'll take pelters for it, but the experience will be good for O'Neill, Stewart and Watt.

Last night Bollan severely let the team down. He wasn't in the slightest interested, he appeared from hiding in his dugout about twice in that first half, offers no encouragement to his team, and set them out poorly. He has no idea what he is doing, relying on experienced players figure it out and leaving the younger players languishing. Give him Darren Barr, Ross Docherty and plenty of quality and he'll seem to do a good job. What he was doing last night is anyone's guess, the fact he was constantly shifting personnel around suggests as much.

Well it is much better than getting depressed about getting pumped by a team who will almost certainly stroll the league and probably do well in the premier league

Well it is much better than getting depressed about getting pumped by a team who will almost certainly stroll the league and probably do well in the premier league

Archived