Queen's Park vs Annan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With no goals in over 200 minutes of football against a bunch of nobodies, it's hard to see them even getting a goal tbh. Easy 3 points for the visitors.

I had to give credence to my statement of being an impartial observer. Looks like Gus has reverted back to the good old St. Mirren days, such as the season which featured four 0-0 draws against Clyde. #playforthedraw #conservative #gusball

Apathy clearly setting in already amongst QP fans after two dismal cup showings from the Spiders. Can Gus steady the ship? This impartial observer doesn't think so.

QP 1-3 Annan

Which Annan player do you think will score the own goal?

Talking about Clyde on a QP v Annan thread? Obsessed.

Hardly surprising. They devote more time to hating the Bully Wee than they do supporting their own team.

Hardly surprising. They devote more time to hating the Bully Wee than they do supporting their own team.

We love the Bully Wee and all/most/some of it's fans. I've actually got a nice wee surprise lined up for the Derby Game so come back then for cheery bantz.

But for now, piss off and let the Annan lads get a wee shot. And Queen's fans can discuss Gus' new 9-3-(-2) formation.

I had to give credence to my statement of being an impartial observer. Looks like Gus has reverted back to the good old St. Mirren days, such as the season which featured four 0-0 draws against Clyde. #playforthedraw #conservative #gusball

If this was Gus's first season with us then I'd be inclined to agree with with the suggestion that he is reverting to type, but last season's performances defied all the gloomy expectations, so I'm not yet convinced of this. Thus far he's failed to find a striker that's to his liking, so I'm pinning all my hopes that he's either got a loan lined up, or will have one by the time the transfer window closes.

So based on last season I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I'm mentally prepared for a dreadful August. However, a failure to solve the problem by early September may find me having to agree with my learned itinerant chum.

On a separate note, don't you just love the irony of a QP v Annan thread dominated by Clyde fans in denial of their obsession with us........you really couldn't make it up!

We love the Bully Wee and all/most/some of it's fans. I've actually got a nice wee surprise lined up for the Derby Game so come back then for cheery bantz.

But for now, piss off and let the Annan lads get a wee shot. And Queen's fans can discuss Gus' new 9-3-(-2) formation.

What's the surprise?? Getting shot of the beard?? Or turning up as your Sunday alias, Penelope??

We are playing shit lads we now have two big players suspended and our top striker has a hammy...easy win for youse nil nil

Aye right. Your cup games tell a different story. Your shit can't possibly be as shit as our shit. As we all know there are different levels of shit in this league so simply being shit isn't that bad.

McPherson has been renowned for being a negative manger all his days. It's another example where clubs are scared of going for someone young with fresh idea's that could be inexperienced in senior football. My opinion is that clubs at our level should being trying anything new they can. Eventually something / one will pay off

McPherson has been renowned for being a negative manger all his days. It's another example where clubs are scared of going for someone young with fresh idea's that could be inexperienced in senior football. My opinion is that clubs at our level should being trying anything new they can. Eventually something / one will pay off

Absolutely. Same goes for players......Aime Jacquet throwing 19 year old Le Havre prospect Pascal Chimbonda into his World Cup squad was a masterstroke......oh, wait a min...

Think the league 2 trap door has pretty much put an end to that kind of thinking. Safe pair of hands now trumps fresh ideas - no point having the freshest ideas in the Lowland League.

After scoring 11 goals in our last three home games, I really hope last seasons grass pitch hoo doo doesn't creep back in!

Having 2 big performers from the last week suspended is a big blow and if Todd isn't back from injury we might struggle for a starting 11.

I thought we'd have more players in by now

Would be happy with a point on saturday tbh.with two suspended and josh todd out a point away would be an ok start.like athletic 1 i too expected a few more players by now.more depth and quality needed in the squad to compete up near the top.

Archived