Musselburgh Athletic 2015-2016

TheHonestLad

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a great start to the season but judging by the highlights we created plenty chances. Been a victim of our own success with losing the majority of our cup final side. I'm sure with a few more new faces, especially a keeper, we'll be fine.

It can't be easy getting quality players this early on in the season.

With the success of last season it seems strange mussy have found it difficult to assemble their squad during pre season. Does the club have the resources? Or are there any underlying issues with the club?

Drop me an email i will add you to our weekly updates

Or we have a website fairly basic but better than a paper

SIGNING NEWS

Players in or Staying: Sean Jamieson (Newtongrange), John Hall (Whitehill), Sean Conaghan (Peebles), Kevin McLeish (Bonnyrigg), Stuart Roseburgh (Bonnyrigg), Sean Palizcka, Kevin Bracks, Alex Christie, Brian Martin, Jackie Myles, Gary Hamilton, Michael Hunter, Steven Thomson, Jed Davie, Murray Jackson, Stuart Burnett, Kevin McDonald, Kameran Tufail, Jack Bruce.

Players out: Kyle Doig (Arniston), Graeme Beveridge (Berwick) Ewan Ralton (Dalkeith), Lewis Turner (Bonnyrigg), Darren Smith (Tranent), Jordyn Sheerin (Livingston), Dan Moffat (Penicuik), Andy Munro (Arbroath) Robert Wilson (Berwick), Ally Adams (Linlithgow)

We wish Kyle, Graeme, Ewan, Lewis, Andy, Robert, Darren, Jordyn, Ally and Dan well at their new clubs. The club would also like to wish physio Stephen Murphy all the best at Kelty Hearts and thank him for his time and work over the last season.

A while since 3 players in a team from the east have went senior in a season. Thats a huge blow to you

Well we will soon find out how good McLeish is now. I don't rate him. Talks and talks and talks himself up all the time

Ffs he just took the club to the junior cup final where they lost narrowly to a team that's clearly the best in the country. Not absolutely sure what you're expecting year on year.

Yesterday was pretty grim but the last thing we need is coming on forums and shouting and bawling. The same thing, happened after we got to the final last time, your players become more attractive to bigger clubs and you lose them. We've lost our keeper, the spine of our defence, the creativity in the middle of the park and all our goals!!!!! I think it will be a long, hard season and we need good reinforcements. Quickly. But We shouldn't put the white flag up after 3 games.

Well we will soon find out how good McLeish is now. I don't rate him. Talks and talks and talks himself up all the time

That must be where we are going wrong, if you can hear him talkin in the Pans then the other team must be hearing our tactics eh!

Not having this at all. Slagging his signings etc. The man was a baw hair from beating Auchinleck in their own back yard. Yesterday we would have been playing in the big Scottish! Have a word for god sake

Musselburgh have brought in Super league winners, and players with huge experience at this level and although i cant back this up - dont think they have spent anywhere near as much as other teams in the division.

As for those leaving i think this team would finish high up in the Super league

Adams

Moffat

Wilson

Munro

Russell

Ralton

Beveridge

Doig

Smith

Turner

Sheerin

We have a top management team with Stevie, Murray, Walter and the lads.

We play our 150th Super league match on Wednesday.

Some of you lot on here need to look at where this club was 20 years ago.

The only way we would play big teams is if we got a bye in the cups

That is down to the work of the McGlynns and co off the park and down to the work of the management teams appointed by them on the park.

Instead of starting pissy wee arguements and talking absolute shite, those slagging the team off should be

- out on the streets trying to get folk through the gates on a Saturday afternoon

- following the lead of the committee judging by the number of new advertising boards and work done on the ground and getting more businesses involved

- .or step out from behind the keyboards and come to the clubs meetings and make your case.

The only person at this club who deserves any flack is me. As someone who pretty much only has the job of getting folk to come to the games, I should be in the line of fire

For f**k sake at 2.30 there were more Hill of Beath players inside the ground than fans.

Thats down to me and lets be honest players need the buzz of a crowd to get them going sometimes and that from what i can see is the only thing missing

That must be where we are going wrong, if you can hear him talkin in the Pans then the other team must be hearing our tactics eh!

Not having this at all. Slagging his signings etc. The man was a baw hair from beating Auchinleck in their own back yard. Yesterday we would have been playing in the big Scottish! Have a word for god sake

Musselburgh have brought in Super league winners, and players with huge experience at this level and although i cant back this up - dont think they have spent anywhere near as much as other teams in the division.

As for those leaving i think this team would finish high up in the Super league

Adams

Moffat

Wilson

Munro

Russell

Ralton

Beveridge

Doig

Smith

Turner

Sheerin

We have a top management team with Stevie, Murray, Walter and the lads.

We play our 150th Super league match on Wednesday.

Some of you lot on here need to look at where this club was 20 years ago.

The only way we would play big teams is if we got a bye in the cups

That is down to the work of the McGlynns and co off the park and down to the work of the management teams appointed by them on the park.

Instead of starting pissy wee arguements and talking absolute shite, those slagging the team off should be

- out on the streets trying to get folk through the gates on a Saturday afternoon

- following the lead of the committee judging by the number of new advertising boards and work done on the ground and getting more businesses involved

- .or step out from behind the keyboards and come to the clubs meetings and make your case.

The only person at this club who deserves any flack is me. As someone who pretty much only has the job of getting folk to come to the games, I should be in the line of fire

For f**k sake at 2.30 there were more Hill of Beath players inside the ground than fans.

Thats down to me and lets be honest players need the buzz of a crowd to get them going sometimes and that from what i can see is the only thing missing

good post

Archived