Raith v Accies

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very, very bold change from McKinnon.

Made the difference by the sounds of it! Maybe not as a result of the players coming on scoring, but it got us back from what sounded a pretty poor situation, with Hamilton having all the possession in the second half.

Great result.

Thought we were brilliant tonight. The changes were bold but needed because after accies scored they took a grip of the game for 10 mins or so. Daly coming on gave us a different threat and he won everything against the 2 centre halves. Overall thought we deserved it. Special mention for Cuthbert, what a game he had and looks a totally different player under McKinnon. Roll on Saturday!

Killie at home would probably be the frontrunner at the moment bearing in mind the draw is seeded. Motherwell and ICT also aren't looking too clever, although the latter of those would still beat us if their entire team had their feet set in concrete blocks.

I'm just going to start by saying that number 44 for Accies is their equivalent of Ross Perry. A truly woeful player who gave us great delight every time the ball came near him as he crumbled under the pressure of playing at Fortress Starks. I've no idea who he was, but he'll go down in the memory as one of those horrendous players who made life a lot easier on the night.

From our point of view, we had the perfect start. A total scramble of a goal which somehow ended up in. Not that we'll complain. From there on in we sat with a 4-5-1 and just repelled attack on attack. Stewart struggled at times but overall we were content to have Toshney and Bene keep things at bay as we tried to find rare counter attacks. Given Accies record in the league so far, I'm not going to argue with McKinnon's view.

As soon as they scored though, McKinnon completely changed it up moving to a 4-3-3 bringing on Wighton and Daly. Daly had a field day against aforemention #44 and proceeded to boss him about the pitch. Wighton and Stewart offered more of a pacy threat. Am I right in thinking both our goals came as a result of set pieces from McCord? Either way, Benedictus rocked up to get his second goal so far.

Have to say, the atmosphere towards the end was brilliant when we went forward. We've been missing a bit of that on Saturday games but it always seems to appear if we're playing midweek at home against teams from the league above.

McKinnon at the end was glorious too. Utterly buzzing.

On to the next round!

How refreshing was it to move to a 4-3-3 and attack Hamilton when they equalised. Changed days from Murray, he would have crumbled in that situation with no plan B. Prime example away at hearts last season when they were up 1-0 and eckersley had to go off and they had used all 3 subs and we sat in for a 1-0 defeat instead of making changes and attacking them. What a difference under McKinnon though and the atmosphere tonight was brilliant!

I'm just going to start by saying that number 44 for Accies is their equivalent of Ross Perry. A truly woeful player who gave us great delight every time the ball came near him as he crumbled under the pressure of playing at Fortress Starks. I've no idea who he was, but he'll go down in the memory as one of those horrendous players who made life a lot easier on the night.

Wasn't at the game, so I'm stunned to hear this, Lucas has been a rock for us at the back of late, and is well on his way to becoming a fan favourite. I guess everyone is entitled to their off night.

Archived