Qos v Morton

QosLoyal

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much is it in tonight? I reckon I'll head up after work.

You better live in Engerland :angry:

What's the deal with Tidser btw? He always looked decent in the games I've seen him and some Morton fans used to rave about him. Did he pick up a serious injury or something?

How much is it in tonight? I reckon I'll head up after work.

£16. Really dreadful pricing for a League Cup tie between two clubs in the same division. Assuming both clubs agreed on the prices, it's a really poor show from both.

You better live in Engerland :angry:

What's the deal with Tidser btw? He always looked decent in the games I've seen him and some Morton fans used to rave about him. Did he pick up a serious injury or something?

Tidser is injured, he hasn't played a competitive game for us yet since his return. Apparently he's not to far away from being fit again so might feature tonight or on Saturday.

£16. Really dreadful pricing for a League Cup tie between two clubs in the same division. Assuming both clubs agreed on the prices, it's a really poor show from both.

Not really. The running costs will be the same whereas the crowd will likely be less than normal. The club have to cover their own back. Palmerston is still one of the cheapest grounds this season so I've no issue paying full price in the League Cup tbh.

So Morton fans you have a few players out already? And expect to field a few squad/youth players?

Couple of injuries in defence and Tidser still hasn't made an appearance. No word on whether Gaston has recovered from Thompson's attempt to do him on Friday either. Short of bringing Scullion in for Johnstone or Sabajo in for McCluskey we don't really have any options to change things unless we go for some youth players. Thought I wouldn't be averse to a bit of experimenting with Stevenson coming in to see if he can play in holding midfield which may allow MIchael Miller to play in his actual position.

Not a regular goalscorer, but at 28/1 I've stuck a fiver on Lewis Kidd to get the opening goal tonight :D

Not a bad shout. He seems to have found the goalscoring touch recently having gt 2 or 3 in pre-season and then scoring at Livi last week. I don't know the team but with Harris cup tied he's certainly got a reasonable chance of being back in the side.

Would give starts to Adam, Scullion, Miller (centre half), Romario, Tidser (if he's able to) and Orr tonight.

Surprised by how little interest I have in this, but as I said yesterday, we don't have the depth for any kind of cup run.

With Jacobs out I'd imagine Hutton will get another chance to prove himself from the start. Harris being cup-tied may see Russell reverting to a left wing role. I'd prefer he was kept up tops with Conroy switching sides and Kidd coming in at right midfield. If Heffernan is given another run out then it is imperative he has someone with a bit of pace alongside him to do his running and also so we don't end up too deep. Against Livingston he kept dropping off and it just invited Livingston onto us as they were already pressing us high up the park.

I think my preferred lineup then would be -

Thomson

Dowie Brownlie Higgins Marshall

Kidd Hutton Millar Conroy

Heffernan Russell

but we may see

Thomson

Conroy Hutton Millar Russell

Heffernan Smith

or

Thomson

Brownlie Dowie Higgins

Kidd Millar Hutton Conroy Marshall

Heffernan Russell

With Jacobs out I'd imagine Hutton will get another chance to prove himself from the start. Harris being cup-tied may see Russell reverting to a left wing role. I'd prefer he was kept up tops with Conroy switching sides and Kidd coming in at right midfield. If Heffernan is given another run out then it is imperative he has someone with a bit of pace alongside him to do his running and also so we don't end up too deep. Against Livingston he kept dropping off and it just invited Livingston onto us as they were already pressing us high up the park.

I think my preferred lineup then would be -

Thomson

Kidd Hutton Millar Conroy

Heffernan Russell

but we may see

Thomson

Conroy Hutton Millar Russell

Heffernan Smith

or

Thomson

Brownlie Dowie Higgins

Kidd Millar Hutton Conroy Marshall

Heffernan Russell

Leaving our top scorer out ?

Morton team to face QotS: Adam; Kilday © O'Ware, Lamie, Pepper; Barr, Miller, Forbes, McCluskey; Johnstone, Sabajo.

Morton subs: MacDonald, Scullion, Cairnie, Orr, Stevenson, McGowan (gk).

At a guess, we will line up

Adam

Kilday - O'Ware - Lamie - Pepper

Barr - Miller - Forbes - Sabajo

McCluskey

Johnstone

Archived