Ross County v Ayr United - League Cup 2nd Round

Presumably after being kicked off the park at Killie yesterday, Boyce & Franks wont make it, or Curran (concussed?)

Gardyne also took some heavy treatment.

Do we risk another Raith debacle and field all the fringe players?

Much better strength in depth now however, I'd like to see Bachmann in goals, and Graham will start up front I'm sure.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoke will want Bachmann to get some game time since he's on loan to us so I imagine he'll get his first start in goal. As Stuart says it looks like we've a few injuries and knocks from Saturday's match so we'll need to make a few enforced changes anyway especially in the forward areas. I'd like to see Holden get a start at left-back but Reckord needs the game time to get up to full speed.

I'd go:

Bachmann

Fraser Davies Robertson Reckord

Mcshane

Franks Murdoch Irvine De Vita

Graham

If either of Boyce or Curran is fit they'll probably partner Graham upfront and we'll continue to play 4-4-2.

I'd like to see:

Bachmann

Fraser Robertson Davies Reckord

Quinn McShane Irvine De Vita

Dingwall

Graham

No point in changing the back four but it would be nice to see Holden get a few minutes near the end. Hopefully Murdoch gets some game time as well.

Tempted to go along with the reasonable ticket prices (£12/£6) and because games under the floodlights > games not under the floodlights. I think County will win by 2 or 3.

Great result for County yesterday and a really gritty hardworking performance by Ayr. McCall has said he's going to rest a couple players so I'd expect Murphy to be rested as I'm led to believe he won't be travelling to the game for this one (understandable). Highly doubt we will win but not too disheartened if we lose as the league really is our bread and butter this season. Hopefully a good performance and we don't disgrace ourselves.

2-0 County

wait - you still have Ian McCall as manager?

Better warn our ball boys /girls. He near knocked one out here, when kicking a water bottle in a seething fit of rage some years back.

Adams can play at center half, or Devlin could move in one and Muir could play at right back but I'd rather McCracken played for two reasons, 1. It is a straight swap and 2. what is the point in having him in the squad if he is not going to play at times like these.

Missed your cheeky chimp avatar bucky.

I wouldn't expect Franks, Boyce or Curran to play. I want to see Bachmann again and Graham start. Dingwall might play.

bless ya mate. It's been a while sadly. We should be cannon fodder because we will be tired ( I don't agree but sport science proves me wrong) but I'm ever hopeful. I'll hopefully make it for the second half

Archived