Ross County v Ayr United - League Cup 2nd Round

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Travelling wise this is a pretty awful draw but are County really such a stick on to beat us? I'm not too sure.

Thoughts

We're better than we were at this time in the last two seasons. Stick on? Too soon to say. Enjoy the trip and let's see what happens.

Didn't Ayr beat County in the same round of the League Cup, at the stadium currently known as THE GLOBAL ENERGY THUNDERDOME, 10 years or so ago?

#ominous

August 23rd 2005.

Sky seem to reckon that Lionel played in goal for us that day. We did well to only lose 2-1 if that was the case.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ross-co-vs-ayr-united/teams/62306

Joe Malin the fearsome left winger.

That would have been the John Robertson era, right? I'd actually almost forgotten he managed the club, thought we'd gone straight from the Sith to Leitch.

August 23rd 2005.

Sky seem to reckon that Lionel played in goal for us that day. We did well to only lose 2-1 if that was the case.

'Magic' Nuckowski will forever hold a place in my heart after he scored a 25-yard header for my (fairly mediocre) Ross County team in Football Manager.

August 23rd 2005.

To be fair, I remember we relied on a number of top class Chris Strain saves and our front two of James McKinstry and Barry McLaughlin were linking up well all night.

• 2 weeks later...

Any decent b&bs near the ground? Might stay if a bus doesn't go.

Am I right in saying there's now a bus going?

Decided to head up to this since it'll be my last chance to see the team for a while.

Any chance of County fielding a weakened team?

Am I right in saying there's now a bus going?

Decided to head up to this since it'll be my last chance to see the team for a while.

Any chance of County fielding a weakened team?

Yeah, leaves at 1, you going on it? Hopefully have a few fans up.

Great result for County yesterday and a really gritty hardworking performance by Ayr. McCall has said he's going to rest a couple players so I'd expect Murphy to be rested as I'm led to believe he won't be travelling to the game for this one (understandable). Highly doubt we will win but not too disheartened if we lose as the league really is our bread and butter this season. Hopefully a good performance and we don't disgrace ourselves.

2-0 County

Archived