Dunfermline v Dundee (League Cup - 2nd Round)

Parscelona

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt we would start Thompson even if he is fit. Low would be more likely to start in this one.

Promising, he did seem to he holding the midfield together some what.

Now just need to worry about Hemmings, Stewart and McGowan, Stewart was always a good player but he seems to have improved allot, our defence hasn't really been tested and I think that will show in this game, Dunfermline 2-4 Dundee

Promising, he did seem to he holding the midfield together some what.

Now just need to worry about Hemmings, Stewart and McGowan, Stewart was always a good player but he seems to have improved allot, our defence hasn't really been tested and I think that will show in this game, Dunfermline 2-4 Dundee

It really will be interesting the type of team Hartley will put out for this one, I can't see it being a full strength team but with the depth we have in our squad our fringe players should still be able to get the job done if they are called upon.

I can see a few changes being made to give a fringe players confidence.

post-50606-14396424516429_thumb.jpg

Every game Dunfermline win by loads , the more i worry that we can slip up here.Typically the pars are playing the best football they have done since there promotion season to the SPL

We aren't good enough defensively to win this game. I think we will score however Dundee should be far too strong in attack for us.

Definitely will be looking at going to this. I'd love to see us cause a bit of an upset but this will be a massive test for our defenders and I just can't see them keeping Dundee away from our goal with the quality they have in their side right now. I still fancy us to score though, wee Faiss will be right up for it I'm sure!

Dunfermline 1-3 Dundee

Be interesting to see how Pars approach this. As Larbert Par says, if we approach this in our usual fashion we will get hammered - could easily ship a hellish amount of goals. We've not had to worry too much so far about boring shite like tactics and defending. I think we could be a good defensive unit if we tighten up. Two very strong CBs, Geggan and Byrne protecting them and a selection of very fast wingers and strikers as an outlet.

In terms of personnel theres not much we can do, can't play one up front as none of our stikers are suited to that role, we are already playing geggan in a defensive role and imo bryne needs to play if we want to keep hold of the ball and get a decent % of the possession which i think we'll need to have a chance.

Probably the only significant alteration will be to have bryne playing deeper than normal.

Be interesting to see how Pars approach this. As Larbert Par says, if we approach this in our usual fashion we will get hammered - could easily ship a hellish amount of goals. We've not had to worry too much so far about boring shite like tactics and defending. I think we could be a good defensive unit if we tighten up. Two very strong CBs, Geggan and Byrne protecting them and a selection of very fast wingers and strikers as an outlet.

Just try and outscore them. 7-6 Pars IMHO.

In terms of personnel theres not much we can do, can't play one up front as none of our stikers are suited to that role, we are already playing geggan in a defensive role and imo bryne needs to play if we want to keep hold of the ball and get a decent % of the possession which i think we'll need to have a chance.

Probably the only significant alteration will be to have bryne playing deeper than normal.

I think that's spot on. Can see it all going tits up if we concede and go gung ho to get a goal back though.

I think we will lose but there's enough about the side to give Dundee a surprise if they are off form. Is this a Tues or Weds night? Hopefully get 6k plus.

Think that might be wishful thinking a wee bit, would be stunned if it was over 4k, unless Dundee bring hordes.

As already said, any Cowden/Rovers/Falkirk fans want to come and support Dundee you are more than welcome to, probably add a decent amount to the atmosphere as well!

Pretty sure I have this day off work, if so I will definitely be heading along, nothing to lose for us. Should be a very good atmosphere and hopefully, giving the way we've been playing, a very good result!

Praying that Fez is still a pars player by the time this game comes around, I think he should do a Suarez tbh. Sign a long contract, with more money, score a fucktonne of goals, the move on for an equal fucktonne of cash next summer.

Sad to see that Williamson is out, broken leg apparently. (Dirty Forfar c***s.)

I think we'll do well, 2-2 Dundee to win on pens for me.

We cannot underestimate Dunfermline in any way next week or expect to be punished big time, strongest team possible must be put out IMO if we're serious on winning a major trophy!

Got to show the upmost respect for the start they've made to the season, no matter what opposition they've been playing.

The way our midfield and attackers are playing, that would be our best defence. Just keep on the front foot and take it from there.

Although our defence isn't exactly the best, it will certainly be a much bigger test for the strikers instead of playing against the likes of Cowdenbeath.

I think if Dunfermline try to attack us it will work into our hands as we are a really fast counter attacking side. I'm guessing Dunfermline's defence hasn't really been tested so far this season so this game should show how well they can cope with a better level of opposition.

I fully expect us to win but not sure how convincingly it will be. We should have our strongest possibly team out bar Kevin Thompson who will probably be rested for this if fit.

Archived