East Fife v Lanarkshires Finest League Cup second round

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

300 odd left according to club Twitter. I don't live in Lanarkshire any more but work in Fife and want to head to this. Any one reckon East Fife will sell any spare seats near the well end should we sell our allocation?

Or do I go mad casual in the home end and try not to cause a scene? :P:D

I think we've sold about 460 tickets as of yesterday afternoon. So plenty going on general sale today. Parking shouldn't be too bad - some spaces to the north of stadium and a small business park nearby at the docks?

10 years on since Motherwell last visited methil coast from a young McFadden and Lehman back in the day who were part of the well sIde that evening after hearing baraclough interview on the beep and no wins in PL and with us playing great stuff minus East Stirling one off this should be interesting cup tie.

Motherwell look dogey at the back when opposition attacking players in the box and ball played across keeper in for tap ins but there main danger is their no.7 I noticed (Johnson I think) uses his pace on the wing to cut in another sprouts type a player we need keep quiet and hopefully give the well a good game there's been plenty shocks recently and we have nothing to lose but massive for baraclough and his status seems under pressure since the start of the season with smaller looking side without Erwin etc from the play offs from average side, all ready buzzing for Tuesday with Motherwell a few miles down the m74 Motherwell won't be the only ones travelling to Fife this evening tomorrow. Will Pearson still be injured? Taylor banned?

Same formation as Dumbarton 4 weeks ago with Kerr and our manager for macgregor and o'kane

Pearson is out for several more weeks; probably an October return date. He'll be a big loss in terms of energy and competitiveness. No-one seems to know about Taylor, although he's been anonymous since signing. We have 2 wingers Ainsworth and Johnson who are both fast with another young lad, Thomas, waiting in the wings (sorry). He's more the tricky type although somewhat lightweight. Our central midfield is very soft and thats where our problems lie. If you have decent wingers our full backs might struggle. We're creating chances but converting very few.

We are half decent going forward but vulnerable when defending.

Presumably its best to go via Redhouse and the Stauning Stane Road if coming off the A92?

Pearson is out for several more weeks; probably an October return date. He'll be a big loss in terms of energy and competitiveness. No-one seems to know about Taylor, although he's been anonymous since signing. We have 2 wingers Ainsworth and Johnson who are both fast with another young lad, Thomas, waiting in the wings (sorry). He's more the tricky type although somewhat lightweight. Our central midfield is very soft and thats where our problems lie. If you have decent wingers our full backs might struggle. We're creating chances but converting very few.

We are half decent going forward but vulnerable when defending.

Presumably its best to go via Redhouse and the Stauning Stane Road if coming off the A92?

Yes!!

My worry is that if East Fife defend deep and in numbers that we simply won't have the craft or guile to break them down. Anyone who's watched us can see we heavily rely on Ainsworth and Johnson on the wings to create, if you suffocate them and force us back we'll struggle.

If we don't break through in the first 20 mins and those two aren't getting much joy we'll just end up going more and more direct which will suit East Fife as Moult/McDonald aren't likely to win many headers against their centre backs.

Basically if they can keep it tight and not give us an early goal then I think we'll begin to panic particularly given our recent form. Also If they get any free kicks of corners that they can throw into our box then they've got a decent chance of nicking a goal themselves.

Having said all that I still think we should have enough to get us through in the end but I imagine it won't be pretty and it'll be a bit of a slog. To be honest given our recent form and our recent cup record any sort of win will do here.

Not confident at all about this one, looking forward to going to a ground I've never been to though. Reckon that Ainsworth or Johnson should hopefully be able to score from the edge of the box or something though.

1-0 motherwell is a tentative prediction

I'd be making a good few changes here. Not in any way as a disrespect to our opponents, simply because of the poor performances in the last 4 league games.

I'd like to see something along the lines of;

---------------- Ripley ---------------------

Watt Laing Kennedy Chalmers

Ainsworth Lasley Cadden Thomas

---------- Clarkson McDonald ---------

Hopefully we can sneak through this 1 or 2-0.

It'll be interesting to see, if we do fall here, whether anyone will still retain backing for the manager?

A lot of contributions have enabled us to turn the League Cup programme V Motherwell FC into a bumper issue of 48 pages including the first release of the 2015-16 team photograph.

All the usual information and stats are there but along with much,much, more and still only £2

Part 4 of the Bayview Story

EFFC/Motherwell Legend Steve Kirk biography

EFFC/Motherwell - Five Famous Feuds including a cup semi-final

Keith Lasley - a short biography

Motherwell - a Brief History

What's the link (tenuous) between Motherwell and stolen televisions

Interview with goalkeeper Ryan Goodfellow

EFFC/Motherwell - how many players have played for both teams.

Say It Like It Is

A Christmas Day match V Motherwell (Found It In The Attic)

It's a great read so please buy a copy and help us keep up our award winning standards.

We have sold near enough 600 which is not bad for a midweek league cup tie away - not least because of the form we have been in.

I expect a nervous night and narrow away win.

Anything less and Barra can stay in the Kingdom for good.....

Mon the Well.

Unfortunately travelling to this one is a logistical impossibility.

Can't see us starting the weans, 'cause if we lose this I think the axe is looming for Baraclough. I would like to see us drop Law and bring in Watt or Kennedy. In midfield it'll be Leitch in instead of the invisible man. I would also like to see us just go two up front. Stick Skippy up alongside Moult and just try and create something.

Archived