Partick Thistle v Falkirk - League Cup Second Round

Quite surprised Muirhead isn't getting a game. As others have said, he was outstanding there when we won promotion. Arguably the best centre-half in the league that year. If he hadn't been so unlucky with injuries, he might've made the step up a bit better with us.

Even though this is free with the season ticket, I might just patch it. Still a bit raging at our lack of effort on Saturday so don't know if I want to scunner myself so early in the season since we will probably get beat. Give McDaid, Wilson, Lindsay, Hendry, Pogba (if fit) a run out and Scully a shot in goals and see how they do. Dropping Frans might give him a kick up the arse since he's been gash so far this season and Amoo and Stevo can sit this one out as well after their dire showings on Saturday.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muirhead strolled it when we won the Championship, but struggled to make the step up to the Premiership. He went from a guy who looked composed every time he had the ball in the lower league, to frantically punting it in the stands every time it came near him in the top flight. Looked like after a spell out with injury he'd completely lost his confidence. It's still surprising to hear he's that far down the pecking order at Falkirk, though.

Expecting a pretty strong lineup from us tomorrow night, tbh. Can't see all the young boys getting a game. Maybe Lindsay for Seaborne and either one of McDaid or Wilson in, but full strength other than that.

Archie said we'll be taking the tournament seriously, which is nice to hear, though I never thought otherwise- anyone's guess as to what our strongest team is at the moment.

I'd probably leave Amoo in but switch him back over to the right rather than drop him and then throw him back in against Aberdeen where he's not as likely to have much success.

Can see this being 1-0 AET either way, as mentioned before with Baird undoubtedly scoring the winner if it goes Falkirk's way.

Will Mark Kerr play? Hope so.

I'd go for a strong team but give a few young boys a game.

Scully

Miller Hendry Lindsay Booth

Osman Bannigan

Amoo Stevenson Lawless

Doolan

Anyone know if Pogba is back fit for this? Might be beneficial to give him a run out.

I'd like to see us go with:

Scully

Miller Lindsay Hendry Booth

Osman Bannigan

Amoo Wilson McDaid

Pogba/Doolan

There was no mention of him before the Hearts game but he was a doubt for Killie and it was only a slight strain so f**k knows.

Hopefully Lawless is fit enough to start. We really miss him when he's not playing and he should run rings around diddies from the lower leagues.

There was no mention of him before the Hearts game but he was a doubt for Killie and it was only a slight strain so f**k knows.

Think Archie briefly mentioned in his TAG interview before Hearts that he was a doubt, but I could be wrong.

Lots of students discussing the Pertick line up. Is Uni back yet?

Rogers

Sinneman Watson Grant Leahy

Smith Vaulks Taiwo Kerr Sibblad

Baird

If Sinneman is still out then it will be the same as Saturday

Sibbald will get more time to play.

If the boot was on the other foot and we were bottom of the league and Pertick were coming to our place I would be apprehensive. Pertick will be.

If both teams line up with a 4-5-1 formation it'll be an utter shitfest from beginning to end, no doubt involving a further turgid 30 minutes of extra time.

I'd like to see us get back to a 4-2-3-1 and create a few chances at least.

I would be happy to see Lindsay and Hendry given a run out with Cerny in goal. At least if it goes to penalties we don't need to worry about a Falkirk player plodding into the box and netting a rebound after Tommy pulls off a great save ;)

Reid's line up looks about right as there are a few players needing further game time and another few needing a confidence boost in that team.

We are capable of a win if we play on the front foot and take the game to the opposition.

Overall not that bothered about the league cup. It would be nice to win it but unless you get a televised game and a run to the semis the club is probably not going to make much profit out of it. Has the league cup become an irrelevance?

Thistle 3 Falkirk 1 8)

Lots of students discussing the Pertick line up. Is Uni back yet?

Rogers

Sinneman Watson Grant Leahy

Smith Vaulks Taiwo Kerr Sibblad

Baird

If Sinneman is still out then it will be the same as Saturday

Sibbald will get more time to play.

If the boot was

on the other foot and we were bottom of the league and Pertick were coming to our place I would be apprehensive. Pertick will be.

We're not bottom of the league m9 :rolleyes:

We should be sweeping aside teams like Falkirk with ease, but we've made hard work of disposing of even worse sides in Morton, Cowdenbeath and Ayr in this competition in recent seasons.

Let's actually give Doolan a touch of the ball tomorrow and we should be fine.

Will Mark Kerr play? Hope so.

I'd go for a strong team but give a few young boys a game.

Scully

Miller Hendry Lindsay Booth

Osman Bannigan

Amoo Stevenson Lawless

Doolan

Seen someone say Bannigan's suspended for this. Stick Fraser in then.

Archived