Raith v Livi

With Bene suspended and Barr, Toshney and Vaughan all looking likely to be out injured for this game. I reckon our defence will let us down this week although Bates has certainly looked solid the last few games. Ellis will probably be the one lining up by his side, and he doesn't strike me with confidence any more.

Not sure how we'll line up as i was surprised we started 4-3-3 yesterday, I cant see us using that formation next weekend with Vaughan being out unless we bring in that much needed Striker this week..

Livi got any injuries/suspensions for this game?

I'll go with an optimistic 2-1 Raith

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way hat McKinnon spoke in interview is Toshney definitely out? No surprise if he is but it wasn't exactly confirmed.

Brining Ellis in would be a disaster. Thomson is the obvious choice but the last I remember him playing centre back in league was against Hamilton 2 seasons ago and he really struggled against Jason Scotland that day.

What about Petrie dropping back?

The way hat McKinnon spoke in interview is Toshney definitely out? No surprise if he is but it wasn't exactly confirmed.

Brining Ellis in would be a disaster. Thomson is the obvious choice but the last I remember him playing centre back in league was against Hamilton 2 seasons ago and he really struggled against Jason Scotland that day.

What about Petrie dropping back?

Petrie will probably be favourite to drop back

Probably find out in the FFP this week regarding Vaughan. I'll plump for an optimistic 1-0 Rovers win considering the injury/suspension situation. Shite crowd yesterday, will be surprised if we break the 1500/1600 mark for this game which is pish but hey ho.

Probably find out in the FFP this week regarding Vaughan. I'll plump for an optimistic 1-0 Rovers win considering the injury/suspension situation. Shite crowd yesterday, will be surprised if we break the 1500/1600 mark for this game which is pish but hey ho.

What was the crowd yesterday?

Just checked and it was 1100 odd. Pretty much the exact same crowd we got for a 1st round league fixture against Forfar last season. The season before we got 1200 for Queens Park. Basically we're just not very well supported.

The bounce from winning the Second Division has definitely worn off.

Get the feeling Petrie will be alongside Bates, he played very much out of the blue yesterday instead of Craigen who McKinnon likes so I did think it was possibly to give him some game time.

It would be two 18 year olds at centre back which is far from ideal but needs must, perhaps? As mentioned Thomson has done OK filling in at CB during a game but the one time he started there Jason Scotland had him on toast and Hamilton were 4-0 up at half time.

Fingers crossed for Vaughan. Could be the difference between us winning and losing, for me. Don't want to see us risk him or Toshney if they're touch and go though, two very valuable players this season who we'll need.

We have a decent record in this game but first league game of the season and two new look teams, it's a tricky one to call.

Ben Gordon being suspended is a blow as he's been solid but I think defence is where we are strongest this season, and Sives and Gallacher will be the centre half pairing with Longridge and Millen coming back in, edited as Millen suspended so Neill will likely come in at either RB or CB.

If hippo is fit I think he'll replace Giorgiev but if not I'm not too fussed as I though he had a pretty good game yesterday.

Buchanan and white are the first picks and should cause problems.

We have to be going into this looking for a win to start our season positively but a draw away from home wouldn't be a disaster.

Really looking forward to this game.

The team got of to a great start against Albion on Saturday and whilst there are some injury concerns there was enough to suggest the brand of football this year is going to be more to the South Stands liking.

Through that into the current goings on along the M8 and there could actually be a good bit of niggle in the game to add to the atmosphere.

Archived