Stirling Albion vs Clyde

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good game to kick start the league campaign but fear the pressure is all on Stuart McLaren already.

An impressive close season, signing what many would agree is a good standard of player, has not resulted in changed fortunes on the pitch. Looking around yesterday, I suspect there are quite a few supporters sitting shaping their knifes.

I still think both clubs will be there about a come the end of the season, but suspect this match will end in a draw.....time will tell.

Shawfield Stallion will be pleased at the early start of this thread!

Really looking forward to this one, didn't make it to either of the Livi games, so will be good to see how we look.

Think there will be quite a few making the short trip through given the early enthusiasm and how we played yesterday.

Good game to kick start the league campaign but fear the pressure is all on Stuart McLaren already.

An impressive close season, signing what many would agree is a good standard of player, has not resulted in changed fortunes on the pitch. Looking around yesterday, I suspect there are quite a few supporters sitting shaping their knifes.

I still think both clubs will be there about a come the end of the season, but suspect this match will end in a draw.....time will tell.

What shape of knife is your favourite??? Glad to hear there's been good backing and strong numbers, i think both will be even greater going by the sound of the jungle-drums beating away at this end. Hope there's spare seats on the Castlemilk.

What shape of knife is your favourite??? Glad to hear there's been good backing and strong numbers, i think both will be even greater going by the sound of the jungle-drums beating away at this end. Hope there's spare seats on the Castlemilk.

You not training it through with the rest of us, SA?

Shawfield Stallion will be pleased at the early start of this thread!

Really looking forward to this one, didn't make it to either of the Livi games, so will be good to see how we look.

Think there will be quite a few making the short trip through given the early enthusiasm and how we played yesterday.

after having seen both livi games team definitely deserve a big support through for this one????

First league game this coming Saturday against the team who are the favourites to be promoted will give the Albion an excellent chance of starting off the season with a good victory and hopefully be the start of the Albion's road back to League 1.

Can't see much between the teams, hopefully we will edge it in a close game. We need to win this one because if we don't then the rumblings for McLaren to go will only increase given the poor results in the last couple of weeks.

Hopefully Steven Doris will be fit to partner Beattie up front and give our attack more bite, if not I think Sandy should be put in along side Beattie and play off him.

Prediction Albion 1 Clyde 0

9/5 on Stan James for a Clyde win, 7/4 quoted in most other firms. Not one to tempt fate but reckon we are worth a punt at they prices.

Can't see our line up being much different from the Livi games, the formation will probably depend on whether Marko makes it or not.

I would like to hope we will start with a more attacking formation regardless if Marko is fit or not given the opposition. Can understand the need to defend away from home against a side two divisions above but now we're at our own level, if we want to set a marker down to the rest of the league then I think we should be looking to control the match.

I really hope Campbell and Gormley come good in terms of getting the goals.

If we go with the back 3 then Higgins as the advanced centre mid with Campbell and Gormley up front would be attacking enough I reckon.

Is the McKinlay for Stirling Kevin Mckinlay? He had a hilariously bad cameo for Ayr in the petrofac game last season, if he's still half as bad we should get some joy out him.

Archived