CC Revolution

Well.

Should there be the merest whiff of credit deserved for CC?

Liked what I saw at St Mirren Park. I take it Lord Banjo was more centre-mid ball winning role? Looked the part there v Hibs, but looked lost wide v Buddies. Wish I could have been there yesterday, sounded brilliant!

Even talk of team spirit for heaven's sake!!

Are we seeing the early dawn of The New Revolution?

The whiff is of a huge Ducket sized humble pie being cooked by CC.

I'll happily eat my slice - but not till the end of September!

He deserved the flak he got over the last 6 months, but it is clear he has completely changed the culture of the team by dumping the egos and pissheads that ran the show on the pitch last year.

Top marks for that, but despite some awesome stuff yesterday, it's still only August.

Fantastic spirit yesterday, and not a little skill. Team captain Jonny Fairbairn is a class act and sets the standard. Crucially this year, he appears to have a dressing room full of team mates who are inspired to work their socks off, rather than looking forward to the next bandits night out.

A few directors are very unhappy and annoyed at CC's signings and have absolutely no belief the signs can be of a positive impact.

I, personally, am quite happy with them and am already seeing changes from last year, we have a good squad and depth and having come back from 2-0 down to win against a championship team already, high hopes. Hope we are not being led into a false sense of security and the wheels come off.

Also hope we are successful this season just to get a big 'one over' on these doubters.

Consistency has been our main issue so come back 6-8 weeks down the line. However, we'd have lost that game by 3 or 4 last season after going 2-0 down, so the signs are promising.

No question - the manager does deserve credit when he does well in the same way he merits criticism if he makes a cows arse of things.

I think he's quietly built the most exciting squad - potentially - we've had at Shielfield for a number of years. Of course, it could all go horribly worng and we'll be scrapping at the wrong end of the table again, but i like what I've seen so far. I also like what the manager did on Saturday to deal with the problems Alloa caused in the first half.

For those of us scarred by years of early optimism fading away into the harsh reality of another wasted season, it's probably best to sit back and see where we are at the end of September. Like Redcar and BM say, consistency is key. It's very early, but for me there is more promise there than I can recall for a long time. But let's see where it gets us in May next year.

This is a new squad and remember some of the lads can read the stuff on here so lets get off 2 a good start by backing them 2 the hilt.whats happened in the past should b left there.it has nothing 2 do with the team now

This is a new squad and remember some of the lads can read the stuff on here so lets get off 2 a good start by backing them 2 the hilt.whats happened in the past should b left there.it has nothing 2 do with the team now

only some?are the rest illiterate :P

Every one of us hopes that this will be a successful season, and the early signs are promising. But you can't simply erase 8 years of on-field failure because we've had a decent start to the season. As a long time supporter - 41 years - i want to know what improvements are being made to the club, both on and off the pitch, so we don't find ourselves marooned in the lower reaches of the second division year after year. I don't think that's unreasonable. It's been said many times before, but there are plenty of benchmarks out there to aim at - Forfar, Alloa, Stranraer, Brechin, Cowdenbeath - teams from similarly sized towns to Berwick that have punched way above our weight for years. As for the manager, i think he deserves huge credit for changing the culture in the dressing room, as Redcar said earlier, and he looks to have put together a talented and exciting young squad. How good that squad is will only become clear after a dozen or so games.

In other news, a fringe/U 20 mix team lost 3-0 at Arniston last night. Think Walters, Drummond, Ross Graham, Ainslie and Russell all featured.

I'm with ya tbf. The current squad don't really deserve to be branded with the same label of those bloody really cool lads that have left us for far better things such as kebab wraps, kebab pizzas and kebab meat on toast, but in all fairness I don't think they are.

They've all spoken well on the official site and it's obvious there's been a change in culture, the likes of Cameron, Fairbairn and all the players involved do deserve credit for that - and I think they are being given that in the form of a fresh start.

The most important thing about Saturday was that it felt like a totally different squad. It's all well saying the right things but you've got to do em too. The team spirit that every player has mentioned was clear on the park. That also helps to win more fans over. Hopefully now people will start to get behind them - it'd be great if we could boost crowds and get some atmosphere back. Also interesting to see Henderson talk about being a striker being a confidence game - hopefully a few (D) will take a look at his strike rate and get behind him.

For me, it's too early to raise expectations. Very early days, but at least there's hope, which in brutal honesty was a lot more than I had at the end of last season. One game at a time is the cliche we must abide by I reckon

Funny how a few of the doommongers haven't popped (or is that pooped) up on here as yet this season, but no doubt after the first defeat they'll be back.

I would agree with all of the above and add, the performances and comments so far sound like we have a good squad. Here's to a really good campaign. there will be set backs and points dropped but if the fans can stay with the team and don't get on their backs when it's not quite happening, it can make a difference.

It's true that these set of players shouldn't be tarred with the failures of the past. They're doing and saying all the right things with a captain taking on the role better than anyone else I can remember. Let's hope the fans get behind them, and some of those who have drifted away start to return.

It's true that these set of players shouldn't be tarred with the failures of the past. They're doing and saying all the right things with a captain taking on the role better than anyone else I can remember. Let's hope the fans get behind them, and some of those who have drifted away start to return.

What he said.

Interesting that the skipper is leading the team around some of Berwick's pubs after Saturdays game. Some of last year's pissheads would have signed if they knew that would happen!

Well this is on the club website and I think very much a one-off to get the team involved with the fans.

Don't for a minute suppose they'll be getting ratarsed or making a habit of it. Seems a decent idea to me at the start of the season. Some of these players will never have been in the town before.

Archived