Albion Rovers v Super Ayr

LEAGUE BUSINESS BEGINS!

It has been a long summer but we finally have a proper league fixture to talk about.

We were miles ahead of Albion in the cup game but I expect them to come out and make a better fist of it this week. They were toothless in attack until the last ten minutes when the game was already over. We are missing Gerry and Devlin so the back four might be a bit of a concern - no doubt we'll see Crawford playing right back. I'd keep Forrest on the bench for this one and just ease him in gently over the next few weeks.

Looking forward to ticking off another stadium from the list too!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This first home game of the season for our Third Division squad has the ring of the season after Paul Martin retired. I fear little to cheer about after the flag goes up- possibly for a very long time.

While we're all still level on 0 points, I'll say now that I think we're nowhere near appropriately-prepared for the season ahead, and that's the manager's responsibility. He passed his initiation last season. If he can keep us up with this squad he should go on the SPFL manager of the year shortlist.

Buzzing for this now, off to Dublin for a few days, come back, couple of days golfing then Albion on the Saturday, good week ahead!

Reckon Crawford will be right back, but should be capable. Bobo was good yesterday as well so we shouldn't be too worried defensively. Would stick with Forrest on the bench and can come on, don't want to risk him after his op.

This first home game of the season for our Third Division squad has the ring of the season after Paul Martin retired. I fear little to cheer about after the flag goes up- possibly for a very long time.

While we're all still level on 0 points, I'll say now that I think we're nowhere near appropriately-prepared for the season ahead, and that's the manager's responsibility. He passed his initiation last season. If he can keep us up with this squad he should go on the SPFL manager of the year shortlist.

No idea how you got on yesterday yet but i thought you were a better side than Brechin.

Would go

Fleming

McCracken Campbell Murphy Boyle

Docherty Crawford

Gilmour Trouten Forrest

Caldwell

Is this game likely to be segregated? We should bring s pretty decent away support with it being the first game of the season and only an hour up the road.

I would line up:

Fleming

Crawford(played at right back a few times)

Campbell

Murphy

Boyle

Adams

Docherty

Gilmour

Trouten

Donald

Caldwell

it worked last week so I'll go 2-0 ayr again.

Archived